General Discussion

Final Pack Stats & Farewell

bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
So here is my final tally:

Ironically just before I decide to quit my luck actually started improving, a Lotus 2-Eleven pulled from a ceramic in my last ditch effort to find B food.

The Jag/GTR event has finally made me realise that spending all this money on this game is frankly bloody ridiculous (for me).
I'm off to try and make a dent in my Steam backlog of games, it'll be hell of a lot cheaper :)

Unfortunately, i've not been bracketed with forumers in the big events for quite a while which is a shame as that is where the most fun was to be had.

Pleasure cooperating with you guys and I wish you continued success.

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best mate. Hopefully see you back here one day when the game is on better form.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bantel_cat I will hope that you will change your mind after a good break, and return in the future, it's always tough to lose someone who's such a big part of the community, however I completely understand as some of the decisions made have actually seemingly turned off both the F2p and P2p communities at the same time, quite difficult to do in my opinion!
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

Sad to read this Paul but I can completely relate to your decision and I hope you enjoy the break away from the game whether it be temporary or permanent. 
    bantel_cat said:

The Jag/GTR event has finally made me realise that spending all this money on this game is frankly bloody ridiculous (for me).
    I'm off to try and make a dent in my Steam backlog of games, it'll be hell of a lot cheaper :)
    I went back to 100% F2P recently and have no regrets. Ironically it was your spreadsheet that helped me to do this as I appreciate every pack I open and as I at least have an idea how my luck is going now. So thank you for that and for sharing it with the forum. 

All the best for the future.

Graham
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Yep, sad to see you go.

all the best 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Will I be back? Knowing myself... probably!
    Already almost reinstalled a dozen times and its only been 12 hours  :)

Do still have it on my tablet and I will check in later as it seems wrong to let the 2-Eleven and 20 odd Super Rares expire from my holding pool... maybe i'll do the weekly challenge too... but there is the slippery slope... oooh whilst i'm here I may as well do a bit of farming.... etc.

I'll take some time and think about going F2P but I know the lure of the big events will be tempting... but hey if I can give up cigarettes and cut down on my beer consumption maybe I can do this too?   :)
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on bantel, why you gotta leave now?
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing but respect and appreciation for you, and your contributions to this community. You are one of the good guys and I'd really hate to see you leave for good..

As others have said, I would recommend taking a break once in a while to avoid getting burned out. On the money/addiction side, try setting yourself a hard limit on spending each month, or go F2P for a while. Regardless, I just hope to see you on the forums in the future. Much love.
  • benbqbenbq Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Even as a f2p I had to take a break from this game for about a month. When the weekly challenge came I had a reason to play casually so I’m grateful for that. Sometimes I get tempted by pack offers but each major event that goes by I’m always reminded why spending cash on this game would do nothing but make me feel more unhappy with my progress. 
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been F2P since the jump (other than the $20-$40 spent via google surveys) and i can confirm that breaks are absolutely required to keep from burning out. As with any game really. As a person with an addictive personality, i  must consciously avoid spending to avoid a spriral..
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    But.... but.... there’s UK CF on special offer! Come back - you could get an RQ20 Jaguar XJR for just 1599 gold! It’s Madness!

Seriously tho, you’re not missing much at the moment. Thanks for being a great player & forumer 👍