General Discussion

Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - testing and fixing thread

hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12 in General Discussion
from the Car Corrections thread:
Hutch_Tim said:

Corrections caught up to here so far, as of 18th Dec 2018:

S28 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon: Seems to combine race flashed ECU + race fuel + skinny front tire version with regular version, and MRA seems slow. 840 peak power and 2.3s 0-60 time suggests race-flashed, but that would do a 1/4m in under 10s (rather than 10.3s seen in-game); race-flashed also should have much worse handling with those skinny front tires. (Discussion with links from this post onwards)

@hutch, please can you tell us what your plans are for this car before giving it out?
Post edited by hillclimber on

Comments

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really seems like a low move to get people hyped and spend money to get it if it's acknowledged that it's stats are wrong. either they're keeping it wrong despite that or will nerf it later on
  • binnerbinner Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah really stupid move in my opinion, there are many other prize cars to give and if they pride themselves on having a realistic game with proper stats then clearly this car needs to be addressed. Why give it out when it's overpowered just to nerf it and have people who literally bought it receive something in the end that they were not expecting to get. And well if they don't change the stats then that also goes to show they don't care so much about realism as much as they do putting out a highly coveted car for people to buy. 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least demon doesn't die that hard after 0-60 like gtr and can win 12c on 1/4. 

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    @TimBut Well the GT-R weren't built for drags anyways...
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭
    Please consider the copo camaro along with the demon. It's a full on drag car!
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pointed out the seat count was wrong too, hasn’t been corrected either. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also pointed out on the car prize thread that it’d be a strange decision to release this one, doesn’t seem like they’re paying a lot of attention to this issue
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    Ofc they arent, do you see the rate at which they are correcting cars? They give out just a few corrections so that they shut us up for a while
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not really about the speed though, I don’t really mind a handful at a time. The issue is choosing to release a prize car they know needs addressing. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dodge don't have grat MRA.. if you see the video, the McLaren finished with 5 mph more than dodge! if they change the stats in bad, maybe this car will be Epic!!
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Dont know guys, at the moment i am playing forza horizon and there Demon have normal wheels at the front, not those skinny front wheelies for drag purpose. 
  • TryMe8TryMe8 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited January 12
    They touched on it in the latest Top Drive episode.  I don't think they'll be correcting it.  They mentioned that the real 0-30 time should be 1 second.  It also sounded like they didn't have intentions of nerfin in the future.

Thanks @Huskic69
    Post edited by TryMe8 on
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TryMe8 said:
    They touched on it in the latest Top Drive episode.  I don't think they'll be correcting it.  They mentioned that the real 0-60 time should be 1 second.  It also sounded like they didn't have intentions of nerfin in the future.
    0-30 bruh
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭
    This only means that the McLarens should be even faster then? Since a stock 570S leaves the Demon in the dust even from a 30mph roll on the highway
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Dont know guys, at the moment i am playing forza horizon and there Demon have normal wheels at the front, not those skinny front wheelies for drag purpose. 
    It should still not have 82 handling. It should be in the 75-76 range.
    greddy said:
    It should still not have 82 handling. It should be in the 75-76 range.
    How did you calculate that? :D
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    That's acceleration g-force, just making sure we're on the same page 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's acceleration g-force, just making sure we're on the same page 
    yeah I'm aware. and even than I guess 1.8G are only referring to the peak force not the average.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only means that the McLarens should be even faster then? Since a stock 570S leaves the Demon in the dust even from a 30mph roll on the highway
    You tube roll videos aren’t anything close to being a reliable, accurate or trustworthy source. Especially 1320 videos. 
    edited January 13
    mikes said:
    You tube roll videos aren’t anything close to being a reliable, accurate or trustworthy source. Especially 1320 videos. 
    I've never watched that channel, I meant StreetSpeed717 when he still had his 570S

Edit: when he wins the first two times, he even usually lets them get the jump first and then run them down
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 579 admin
    Sorry it took a while to confirm this, but here you go: we don't plan to change the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

First, a point of clarification: if a correction is listed in the main corrections thread and has a link, it does not mean we agree a correction is needed, only that we will look into it.

On the Demon, we looked into it, and we won't be making a change. We don't have a huge selection of different tire types in-game but we're happy that our 'performance tires' are the close enough to those used for its infamous 2.3s 0-60 time. We see the 1/4m time in-game as within the range achieved in real life, and believe it can do that using tires that don't destroy its handling score. (Note that its handling is already lower than the Hellcats, and that doesn't include its extra weight either).

Of course, if people think this is wrong, please continue to bring evidence into the discussion in the main corrections thread. If you want to contest handling, it's best if you can find some performance data taken on a track with curves we can compare against other cars we have in-game.
    Interesting how some threads go down faster than others 🤔
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found two cars since the start of this thread and have promptly had a change of heart and are happy the car isn't to be changed ......

If that helps
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Demon is wearing the 315 tires on all four corners, than the tire rating (they are street legal) is correct and the 1/4 mile is correct. The 0-60 is probably a bit low.

The handling is hard to gauge as no one has really instrument tested a Demon outside of the first drive.The widebody Hellcat, which is a bit lighter, has a different suspension set-up and wears slightly skinnier tires did pull a 0.95g on the skidpad, so maybe it handles better than we think? I have tracked a few regular Hellcats, even in the rain, and they handle much better than their reputation. 

• JayJay Member Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.. pretty ordinary MRA?
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone post drag times at 333 tune. Since I havent won it I would like to see what it will take to beat in dailies.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get why we are comparing a muscle car to hyper cars? Are we assuming that they should be in the same league?

Does the real life Dodge demon compare to a MacLaren or pagani? Take it for what it is. A really powerful muscle car. That’s all it’s ever going to be.