General Discussion

IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

- Prizes were given to top 8% instead of 1.6%, which is 5x as many as usual
    Well that’s purely because the brackets were 100 compared to the usual 500 is it not? a bit of smoke and mirrors there. 
    Smoke and mirrors? It's a simple re-statement of the numbers so it's easier for us to contrast with the participation, instead of having to go back and dig up an image of what the final brackets were exactly. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Well that’s purely because the brackets were 100 compared to the usual 500 is it not? a bit of smoke and mirrors there. 
    Smoke and mirrors? It's a simple re-statement of the numbers so it's easier for us to contrast with the participation, instead of having to go back and dig up an image of what the final brackets were exactly. 
    Worded as if they gave out more prize cars than usual, when in fact it is the opposite
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Worded as if they gave out more prize cars than usual, when in fact it is the opposite
    That doesn't seem fair, Tim clearly stated that it was less than average (90%)
    "- Overall about 90% as many ZR1s were given out as an average Tri-Series Final"
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    well, I asked for post event info, thx, but such level of info is a bit disappointing.

and it sounds like it it's totally bad, low participation, more prize cars given, etc. Like it's a total failure. 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Did anyone really expected that hutch would gave out exact numbers of players participating or number of prize cars given out?

Thats not how bussines works. 

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is no info.. only statistic... info are real numbers not %!! ;)
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m actually impressed you gave so many prize cars out. I was expecting far fewer than 90% of average, so kudos for increasing the percentages at the last minute. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Of course it was. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Actually, with the number of open brackets that didn't fill that means the odds were better, right?  I know there were at least 7 US brackets and I only have confirmation that 2 of them filled.
    Hutch_Tim said:

Codswallop. 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with 40778
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Actually, with the number of open brackets that didn't fill that means the odds were better, right?  I know there were at least 7 US brackets and I only have confirmation that 2 of them filled.
    I’ve no idea how many filled in the EU. Any idea why they didn’t fill, bugged or what? 

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

I’ve no idea how many filled in the EU. Any idea why they didn’t fill, bugged or what? 
    Not sure.  We've seen this in the past, where some brackets seem to stagnate and new brackets open.
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    well my bracket stayed at 60 entries  from the time I joined, 12 hours from the start......I wanted the Megane.......
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Its a bug, sometimes brackets stop at a certain point, while new ones open. Happened to me in the Mercedes Q or C event recently, just 32 players in, 10th and down finished in negative points.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

Not sure.  We've seen this in the past, where some brackets seem to stagnate and new brackets open.
    Yeh, I know one of the EU ones only got to 60 as has happened in the past, I’d be a bit frustrated if as you suggested there were multiple ones that didn’t fill. 
  • malsmals Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    So to sum this up at a high level, with a little rounding:

- Participation in the Final was about 7.5x lower than an average Final (as it was harder to qualify)
    - Due to unfilled leaderboards, the ZR1 went to a little over 10% of finalists in total (this makes much less difference in a normal final)
    - Overall about 90% as many ZR1s were given out as an average Tri-Series Final
    - For context, over the last year, the 4 lowest-participation finals gave out an average of 50% as many prize cars as the average Tri-Series Final
     The best event ever, surely it could be better, but this is the right way to go
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭
    mals said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    So to sum this up at a high level, with a little rounding:

- Participation in the Final was about 7.5x lower than an average Final (as it was harder to qualify)
    - Due to unfilled leaderboards, the ZR1 went to a little over 10% of finalists in total (this makes much less difference in a normal final)
    - Overall about 90% as many ZR1s were given out as an average Tri-Series Final
    - For context, over the last year, the 4 lowest-participation finals gave out an average of 50% as many prize cars as the average Tri-Series Final
     The best event ever, surely it could be better, but this is the right way to go
    Dont call him Shirley.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:

I agree with 40778
    you CAN'T disagree
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as i was the only one that ended up with one i am happy  :p

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's the Midrange?
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    How's the Midrange?

I read “how’s the migrane?”
    Just a tad behind the blue ford gt..
    I threw some upgrades too. Im very disappointed with this car.  It should be better on tracks than most of other cars (ford gt also), but it is not.  I hoped that Grip would reach smth like 103-105, but only 100. 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    I threw some upgrades too. Im very disappointed with this car.  It should be better on tracks than most of other cars (ford gt also), but it is not.  I hoped that Grip would reach smth like 103-105, but only 100. 
    Agreed. This car is a track monster and the grip only hits 100. Same with the Camaro ZL1 1LE
    The grip deserves more no doubt, but i am happy with it. They definitely need to up the grip by a minimum of 2
    We can't be too much disappointed though it's an American dream that can beat the hellcats ;)
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    TGPD said:
    How's the Midrange?

I read “how’s the migrane?”
    I read "how's the megane?" 
    Bugatti said:
    We can't be too much disappointed though it's an American dream that can beat the hellcats ;)
    that's true. But I still want more from it :)