General Discussion

IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    do you say regional servers? so i understand wrong... i think it will be world server for finals!! :/
    Tbh I don’t know about that, iirc Hutch have always been against a worldwide server event. 
    Jaco said:
    When we eventually see the final brackets, the percentage of players in them that would ordinarily be challenging for tier 1 but are destined to finish much lower is going to be very high, I’m expecting a very good prize structure for the lower tiers, something along the lines of this along with the CF pack would be acceptable I think?

21-30

31-75

76-150
    151-300

301-500
    Can't imagine that @LittleEnosBurdette. Think you are a bit low in your expectations. For sure the only bracket left for the finals will be a massacre. I really expect to have better cars for tier 2 - 5 after all the work we have done to only be able to enter the finals!! 
    Hmm I can see you’re point to some extent about the road we have traveled to get to the final not having the usual epic/ultra rare/CF prize tiers but I don’t think we can expect any better cars than I suggested. I’m only presuming that the gold/cash rewards for lower tiers will be pretty substantial compared to the usual format also which would make up for that I think. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    I'm hoping for the same, but yes, i do think you are very optimistic. Or i am very pessimistic. Who knows, Hutch throws a surprise from time to time, about once or twice in a year so maybe we will see some good prizes. 

Stop putting me on the CHOO CHOO, damnit! Everytime i get my hopes up...

Remember that out of every 500 entrants into the first round less than 100 are likely to make it into the last round. That's a similar proportion to those getting tiers 1-3 in an open final, so it does make sense to give out higher rarity cars. Nobody's getting them who wouldn't in a normal final.

It could be substantially less than that even. 40 out of 500 through wouldn't be implausible. That's 30% through the first round 27% through the second round. If the numbers have worked out like that it could be epics for everyone.

I suspect it'll be a bit more than that, my guess at the start was around 60/500 so the suggestion of an high RQ ultra rare for the bottom tier of an RQ29 Prize car third round seems reasonable. 

Although hopefully not another Camaro Convertible. The Coupe would be preferable. 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wonder what final requirements would be.  After such variety of requirements it would be kinda strange to have 1 manufacturer event, or even 1 country. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder, you'll need three Rover 220 Coupes + any 2 other Rovers to enter the Progression round.  If you don't have two extra right now, make sure you save some from prize boards!
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 X prize cars? Lol
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    I still wonder what final requirements would be.  After such variety of requirements it would be kinda strange to have 1 manufacturer event, or even 1 country. 
    Porsche, Mazda, Chevrolet, Alfa romeo, Dodge the remaining most likely manufacturers required for the final mostly it will be Chevrolet or Alfa romeo
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    Porsche, Mazda, Chevrolet, Alfa romeo, Dodge the remaining most likely manufacturers required for the final mostly it will be Chevrolet or Alfa romeo
    American Dream :p
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    Surely the Plymouth has to come into it since it’s the “ticket for the finals”? This suggests some Plymouth/ADream/Prize car requirement
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    TimBut said:
    Surely the Plymouth has to come into it since it’s the “ticket for the finals”? This suggests some Plymouth/ADream/Prize car requirement
    Not at all, the Rover from the progression event was the ticket for these qualifiers but there's no Rover requirement on them.
    TD01055 said:
    TimBut said:
    The plymouth is just another ticket to open up the event for us, as the EV, the Final event won't appear for players don't have the Playmouth. And surely it's won't be AD because we got tons of AD events since the update most propably it will be Chevrolet event
    TD01055 said:
    TimBut said:
    Will it not be just like prize car in reverse if that makes sense. I’m not disagreeing though, wouldn’t be surprised if the Plymouth is involved. 
    TimBut said:
    Porsche and Dodge have both been used recently. 
    If it’s a single manufacturer I think it’ll be Mazda (horrendous) Infiniti (horrendous) or Audi. 
    Blue2moro said:
    TD01055 said:
    TimBut said:
    Not at all, the Rover from the progression event was the ticket for these qualifiers but there's no Rover requirement on them.
    Yeah fair point - goes to show I still have no idea what’s going on here
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Recently we are finally getting some TAGs requirements in lesser events and challenges, maybe this will be breakthrough for TAGs, something like 5x street racer or 5x sleeper or some mix between them. 
    greddy said:
    Recently we are finally getting some TAGs requirements in lesser events and challenges, maybe this will be breakthrough for TAGs, something like 5x street racer or 5x sleeper or some mix between them. 
    Yeah it would be nice if it's muscle cars 
    Infinity event were not long ago.  Mazda is ****.  So my bet is Audi if it is single manufacturer event.  But I remember there were Country finals too. 

Also before we get this French dream Hutch may want to close AD journey by the last great final. 
    edited March 13
    greddy said:
    Another hellcat event?
    greddy said:
    Another hellcat event?
    City streets, twisty roads , rainy roads not made for the hellcat, maybe one drag race per set is enough 
    greddy said:
    Another hellcat event?
    hellcats in past. Now its time of fully upgraded Vipers ACR 
    greddy said:
    Another hellcat event?
    City streets, twisty roads , rainy roads not made for the hellcat, maybe one drag race per set is enough 
    Most epic muscle cars are low and performance tyres so the the rain wouldn't do anything and the city streets would rule most of them out. 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be surprised at all if it turns out to be American Dream. Wouldn't mind 90s though.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Eric would be the Megalodon below the surface about to take out that whole pod of whales!
    I no longer see Eric Shih in my brackets, but TopDrives2018 comes up every now and then. however he/she is no longer dominant.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    It would be clearly amazing to see what is your rank in your country, in your area (Europe, Asia or America) and in the world !!
    If by “amazing” you mean “embarrassing and depressing” then that sounds like something I can get on board with. 
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it could be Chevy finals
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    Could very well be. Other major manufacturers not used in the second round: Audi, Chevy, Mazda, Porsche,

Or maybe a smaller manufacturer like Alfa Romeo, Lancia, or Vauxhall
    mikes said:
    sinner said:
    Could very well be. Other major manufacturers not used in the second round: Audi, Chevy, Mazda, Porsche,

Or maybe a smaller manufacturer like Alfa Romeo, Lancia, or Vauxhall
    You gotta think about the packs. The whole point of prize events is to sell CF’s. My moneys on Chevy
    but we had not long ago chevy Final
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They release Peugeots before finals and they get money making machine 😂
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe an unrestricted final (except the obligatory no prize cars) and a bumper 5x 5 CFs for 5k gold offer.