General Discussion

Plymouth Superbird - stats and testing

vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
Hi Folks,
I haven't seen anything about this topic but how fast is this baby?

In real life it destroyed NASCAR competitions, so it should be a beast.

Comments

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear it isn't all that quick in a straight line, but has a great top speed (Test Bowls). This actually makes sense as the added weight of the aero parts hurt the Superbird in a drag race compared to other muscle cars of the same era.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still 996 i presume?
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    This is SL73 of Super rares, btw one of few cars that completes 0 - 170mph 
    edited March 15
    Slightly slower then the ZR2 on 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile. So it’s Not slow but seems it’s only really useful on Test Bowl, 0-170 and maybe 0-150... we’ll see how it holds up on the car wash i guess, could be a Nice niche track for it
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    TGPD said:
    All stock numbers:
    1 Mile (S): 34.70
    0-100-0: 18:36
    0-150: 37:76
    Fast circuit (S): 1:15.69
    1/4 mile (S): 13.56
    Test Bowl (S): 161MPH
    All I managed to get. Will update tomorrow morning here.
    That is all we need. However if it is slower than the ZR2 I must admit I am quite disappointed

In real life it should do: 
    1/4 mile13.5 s @ 105.0 mph so that is pretty much spot on
    , however I find different times for the 0-60 mph time

https://horsepowermemories.com/2014/08/16/1970-plymouth-road-runner-superbird/ this article states 4.8 seconds
    Would have been nice if it beat the ZR2 on the 1 mile but oh well. It looks amazing :)
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    here's a little comparison with closest contenders. el camino and zr2 are 996, superbird 990 as I couldn't wait to see the results
    The El Camino still feels massively overpowered for an RQ15 car. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    here's a little comparison with closest contenders. el camino and zr2 are 996, superbird 990 as I couldn't wait to see the results
    May not be RQ15 in 8.0.  Could have moved up an RQ or 3.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Grip is really low compare to the ZR2 who is 18 , maybe 16 max for the camino (nearly trade my Audi S3 for an El camino IRL because of top drives ahaha but i was scared of having pb with a 60´s car so i denied the trade...)
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Really disappointed... I hoped it would be the best super rare drag, but it's good only for test bowl...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Rawel said:
    Really disappointed... I hoped it would be the best super rare drag, but it's good only for test bowl...
    And high speed drags
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know.....the Chrysler 200 is the quickest super rare AD car on the Santa Monica streets.  I wonder if this is not a drag car, but should be a city car?
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOu all know it's medium ride height probably explains why it's rq 18 but slower then the zr2.

• vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    When I search for real world results I cannot find anywhere that the el camino is in any way faster or better than the super bird