News & Announcements

Top Drives Soft Launch Update - 11/08/2017

HutchJackHutchJack Hutch Staff Posts: 83 mod
Hi everyone, 

Todays update is another HUGGGEEE update for Top Drives, this is probably our biggest to date, lots of changes. Any issues you have please send a message to support@hutchgames.com or post a Bug on the Bug Report section. 

Build Number: 0.10.01.5772 (Android)
iOS: 0.10.01

- Large UI Update including Backgrounds, RQ Bar, Entry Requirements highlighted, Car Collection and Buy Cars Button
- Update of Balancing to Rarities and Car Stats
- New Tutorial
- Bosses have now been added to the 10th Race of each Campaign Country where you can win their Car as a Prize!
- Amount of Cars in the Game is now 700!
- Google Play Games and Game Center Support
- Large amount of Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
- Gearing has now been removed as an Upgrade 
- Card Manufacturer Collection Prizes have been removed and will now be Prizes for Multiplayer 

To be a bit more specific on the Bug Fixes recently we've had issues with Prize Boards duplicating Cars, Score mismatches and Upgrades not working as intended, these should all be fixed in the latest release. 

Thanks

Comments

• lhmanlhman Member Posts: 16
    beautiful :)
  • L3W13SL3W13S Member Posts: 2
    edited August 11
    The update looks nice. One issue I have though is with the gearing upgrade that has been removed. What about the credits we spent on these upgrades? I used to use this upgrade to upgrade cars for a faster 0 - 100 time. 
  • HutchJackHutchJack Hutch Staff Posts: 83 mod
    Hi, 

If you contact support@hutchgames.com or via the Help and Support button in the Settings Menu, we can help you out. 
  • Anthony_OlivoAnthony_Olivo Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Feedback about the new update:

Pros: Improved graphics/UI/Textures. That is a major improvement and I love it! The colors are gorgeous. And thanks for removing the gearing upgrades!!! Now it's less expensive upgrading a car. To the ones that invested $ in the gearing, don't worry! The Engine upgrade now improves acceleration and top speed at the same time, so if you upgrade the Engine then it'll stay the same. My car's stats were not affected so there's no issue whatsoever. Improve your Engine and call it a day.

Also, great job by including those collection cars in Multiplayer!!! That was a very good move.

Cons: Believe me this is a big one...

THAT SERVICING!!! Please don't tell me that now it takes more than 1 hour to service my A class car for ONE RACE! That is a big no-no and that'll make some players leave the game since now we can basically race our cars 3 to 4 times per day. Please make it how it was before. Almost two hours for TEN races. Don't fix what ain't broken!!! I'm extremely disappointed on what you guys did there. MAKE SERVICING GREAT AGAIN!
    and not to mention the fusing of cars....  2 days for S cars and 1 day for A cars.... Thats to long of a wait to keep the game interessting for the long run... 
    Exactly!!!!! I wish they revert those two things like they were before!
  • IanIan Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 12 mod
    edited August 11
    We added the regen servicing to handle the issue where someone would race 1 or 2 short of the service and then come back and immediately be out of races for that car.

We wanted to find the right balance between the new system and the old and this is still beta so we're testing it. Please play it over the weekend and let us know your thoughts, how much you feel it altered progression, playtime etc.
  • LaurensvinkLaurensvink Member Posts: 4
    edited August 11
    I agree fusing is way to long.
    I like the regen of the cars.

Ian I already made calculations and progression is approximately 2/3 slower. The sweet spot would then be 1 race every 15 minutes universally for all cars. how about that? Make it fixed. 4 races per hour is perfectly acceptable.
    What are everyone's thoughts on the Boss characters? We wanted to add a bit more life to the game and I was just interested to see how they resonate with you guys (appreciate there may be some issues if you've already completed parts of the Campaign).
    Ohhh that's a very good addition!!! I forgot to tell you about that. I finally got the Trailblazer SS I needed thanks to that! I really love how we can win their car and the dialogue is cheesy.
    Something I just noticed: Hey thanks for fixing up the 2011 Escalade's stats!!! It's perfect now.
    the playtime has been redused alot because of the service time and fuse time... dont like at all. used to love the game, but the waiting is to long now. 
  • LaurensvinkLaurensvink Member Posts: 4
    I like the new boss levels.
    But i might be wrong but it feels like the levels are easier then before the update. 
    When i beat the last boss he said i see you at the pro events. Does this mean there are comming more challanges or not? 
    I sure hope to!
    I agree @ Ihman. It is way too long for both now. It would be a lot better to just divide the old times by 10 for the servicing. Example: If it took 1 hour 40 minutes to service an Epic car for 10 races, then divide 100 minutes in 10. Give us 1 race per 10 minutes in an epic car and do the exact same routine for the other clases. I remember it took 1 hour to service a Super Rare car, so it would be perfect to get 1 race every 6 minutes. Of course the race cap should be raised to 10 like it was before.
  • KanekiKaneki Member Posts: 38
    My Feedback about the update: Good job again guys! Love it  <3
  • skiteeskitee Member Posts: 5
    I can't access the car holding pool after the update, I do have open spots in my garage but the controls to add more spots to my garage have also vanished.
    Hello Ian! I have a question that I'll ask here just to make sure. Is it normal for game data to reach 2.7 GB of storage? Before the update it was at approximately 2.06 GB and a month before it was at a totally comfortable 0.9 GB. What should I do? Is it normal or should I erase Data and re-install everything? Also, to everyone who's reading this, Is your game this big? Thanks!
  • top2bothtop2both Member Posts: 17
    Worst update ever....  12hour fusion for a C level car? Maybe focus on the multiplayer instead of changing what isnt broken. Multiplayer is awfull, no On Road/off road/ mixed, info before starting, no rain or rain info, and the opponents allways seem to have their cars choosen has if they knew what tracks they are getting

• BluNelBluNel Member Posts: 1
    Stop complaining about the about the update, there are a lot more positive improvements  than negatives. So what you have to wait longer to fuse? It will just make it feel like more of and accomplishment and will make you have loyalty to cars because off the time and in game cash put into it. I'm guessing you have never played Clash of Clans, try waiting 7 weeks to upgrade a building. ;D
  • frankfrank Member Posts: 1
    I cant access my car holding pool either, it is gone since the update.

@Anthony_Olivo
    The game is big with larger resolution images but I don't think it's meant to be that big. I'll discuss with our devs tomorrow. But BIG WARNING - If you uninstall without connecting to Facebook then we might not be able to get your profile back! If you can hold off doing anything until tomorrow I can get a response for you.
    skitee said:
    I can't access the car holding pool after the update, I do have open spots in my garage but the controls to add more spots to my garage have also vanished.
    @Ian
    What about this issue? @frank is also experiencing the same issue.
    Thanks Ian! don't worry I will hold off until I get a definitive response! I do have my game connected to Facebook and Google Play but still, I don't want to lose months of progress. I'll be patient.
  • TheAlexBestTheAlexBest Member Posts: 1
    The holding bay has disappeared. It was reported by 2 other people but never answered. This is making it that we can not progress at all as we can not unlock any new cars

• Hutch_JoppersHutch_Joppers Hutch Staff Posts: 5 mod
    Hi TheAlexBest, skitee, and frank,

Sorry for the delay in responding, we've been investigating the missing holding pool this afternoon. It would be very useful if you could get in touch with us via the Help and Support button in the Options Menu or by using our support email address support@hutchgames.com so we can fix the problem for you.

Thanks for your help in highlighting the problem.

Steve
    The holding bay has disappeared. It was reported by 2 other people but never answered. This is making it that we can not progress at all as we can not unlock any new cars

You also loose out on the opportunity to add cars to your garage which you have won fairly, as you say its impossible to progress any further as you don't have access to cars to fuse for the next stage of upgrades. 
  • HutchJackHutchJack Hutch Staff Posts: 83 mod
    Hi, please contact us from in game on the Settings Menu on the Help and Support button, I can fix this for you. 

Thanks. 
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Member Posts: 20
    Ian said:
    What are everyone's thoughts on the Boss characters? We wanted to add a bit more life to the game and I was just interested to see how they resonate with you guys (appreciate there may be some issues if you've already completed parts of the Campaign).
    Are bosses the reason that I suddenly recieve a bunch of cars after the update? Including the Red standard tyres Merc, the White WRX, and the Renault 5, etc...