General Discussion

OPEN POST TO THE HUTCH TEAM

LarryDLegendLarryDLegend Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
You are not getting the most bang for the buck from us. You are merely using the beta testers reactively in that we find errors and you correct them. You should be using us proactively as well.

While I am cognizant that you have a limited time to test and a great deal of content to insert and that time is money but either you must do a better job of thinking like a game player and not like a developer, or even better would be to ask us about events/structure BEFORE it happens. Case in point: Higher stakes - unless you were testing the game to see if could handle a $1 million bet, the event was an epic fail. No more than a handful took part.... Why? Because everyone's money got reset and some even ended up back at 0. I commented before the event that I was concerned that few had enough cash and that perhaps it be reduced to $100,000 but that, like so many other suggestions, fell on deaf ears. I realize that sometimes you developers are like a kid in a candy store, you have so many new things that you are anxious to insert. But let's get real... in the Higher Stakes event I came across a new track called "Rattlesnake". C'mon... Who in their right mind was going to risk $1million on a track we had never seen before to determine which car was best suited for the track. At $25 a pop I would have tried Rattlesnake with all my cars.... at $1 million NFW.

Collectively, this group of beta testers you have assembled is awfully impressive. Not only impressive but having different specific areas of strength which makes us greater than the sum of our parts.
Besides not seeking us for advice before hand, you are woefully inadequate in seeking feedback about what we felt worked and what didn't. We are not shy about expressing our opinions but they might better serve you if they were more structured and focused.

BOTTOM LINE: EITHER USE US OR YOU WILL LOSE US! This game has the potential to be great... Working together, all of us can help make that happen!

Comments

• hummingbirdhummingbird Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Well said LarryDLegend. This game can definitely soar to the top of the favorites board. But there must be some practical changes changes implemented in the cars, tracks, betting and content. I was told more than once this was a team effort; together we would help to make this an outstanding game. Those words stored my heart, imagination, my dedication; they have since soured in my stomach. This not effective team work, in fact there is no discernible team application. Like the fingers on a hand, there is no power or strength unless those fingers come together in a concerted effort and make a fist. There is no direction, the purpose seems blurred. I am so disappointed in how this has turned out.
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,081 admin
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the feedback Larry and Hummingbird. You are correct in many aspects, and your continued time and commitment has been immensely appreciated. We do not want your role to be limited to finding bugs and quality checking the game. There's a lot more you can offer, and a lot more that you have already offered.

However, If you are feeling soured in the stomach, it might be worth taking a step back, as it's not the kind of reaction we want to be causing. We think the game can be great, we want to work together, but we certainly don't want to be causing stress and anxiety.

There's a number of features that we know we want to add to the game, and a very solid direction. I will look at how we can better communicate these changes and provide better feedback and insights into the changes that have been implemented.

A great many features and fixes have been moulded based on the feedback we are getting during this beta phase.

One possibility we have been discussing is the use of an open feature board (possibly Trello) that shows the current features in development, a list of current bugs that are due to be fixed and the opportunity to vote on future features. Do you think this would be a useful tool?
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    The Trello Board seems like a good way for Team Hutch to inform Team Beta of the game's status. But this does not recognize or resolve the issue of having questions answered; WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF MY PROMOTION TO LEVEL 2? If concerns are raised, will there be consistent recognition regarding them? This is a great and responsive start. Thank you for taking the time to respond, show your appreciation. Thank you for your candor. It takes just a few minutes to acknowledge a person's thoughts, feedback, ideas, questions and concerns.
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,081 admin
    Hi Hummingbird,

I responded to your query about the promotion to level 2 in the thread where you raised the question. This is an automated achievement system related to the forums. By posting and commenting you can unlock forum achievements. There's no current connection to the game itself.