General Discussion

Are you REALLY sure you wanted to include a $1 million dollar bet in an event that lasts 7 days?

LarryDLegendLarryDLegend Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

10 hours into the event..... "Can the Leader Board handle a billion?"

Answers

• Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,081 admin
    The leaderboard should be able to handle $1 Billion, though it looks like it can't handle the number of digits displayed, I noticed the end number gets clipped off due to length once you hit the $115 million mark.

We didn't intend this event to run for 7 days, it's a bit of difficulty in using the tool that sets up events, at the moment it's really basic and quite manual, also really horribly long and frustrating when setting up recurring events. We are working on building a better tool that makes it a lot easier to create events behind the scenes and make sure all the parameters are correct. The Beta has shown that a nice event tool is a lot more important and earns a higher priority than we had previously given it.

We probably need to cut down the length of time that the event will run. Any thoughts on what you think would be fair and reasonable?

• hummingbirdhummingbird Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I would personally prefer events that have a short duration; two days, but definitely no more than three days.
    Yesterday, finished my article early. I joined the race. I noticed there was a difference between the left and right turns and the best end of the blue area to keep the needle. This was true for all the single curves, but not the S curves. The needle was at one end of the blue, on a right curve, then completely changed during a left curve. I am curious, was this phenomenon intentional or coincidental? I enjoyed the edgy element in the game.