News & Announcements

Changes to event scoring system

Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 57 mod

Hi everyone!

Today we will be introducing some changes to scoring in events. The amount of points that you win or lose in an event match will now be based solely on your Event Score (seen in the leaderboards).

We now exclude your trophies total and the actual match points as a factor in how the scores are calculated. This should make the scoring system much clearer :)

Thanks!

Brad

Comments

• CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 51
    May I know if this new scoring system affects the current running open match? Or only applied starting from the coming off-road world?
  • Hutch_BradHutch_Brad Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 57 mod
    Hi Cyclonus - It will have been active in yesterday's open match as well as the new Off-Road world event.

Brad
  • KanekiKaneki Member Posts: 58
    If i must buy a new smartphone.. How can i have back my profile? I must write to support team?
  • Hutch_IanHutch_Ian Member, Hutch Staff Posts: 153 mod

If you sign in with Facebook or Google Play your data will be saved to our servers. If you then download Top Drives on your new device and log in with the platform you chose, Facebook or Google Play then your game will be restored.

Hi Cyclonus - It will have been active in yesterday's open match as well as the new Off-Road world event.

Brad
    Got it. Thank you Brad!
  • lhmanlhman Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    when will the game itself get an update??
  • Hutch_MattHutch_Matt Hutch Staff Posts: 289 admin
    edited September 20
    We are working on new content at the moment.   We have an update planned on iOS soon to fix a couple of bugs, and then the first of many content updates to follow shortly afterwards
  • spencerdaviesspencerdavies Member Posts: 1
    edited September 20
    Hi loooove this game so much it's fantastic but I was wandering if you plan on letting us farm money from previous campaign races after we've beten it allready rather than just tryin to grind multiplayer with people who have far  superior  cars to most people thanks for the game car on being awesome !!!

Thanks for the update Matt! Will you be letting us know in sneak preview what are the new content about? ;-)
  • Sen1orSen1or Member Posts: 37
    Where new events? Im bored play only Today events!
  • KrisKris Member Posts: 7
    Seems there is something wrong with the new scoring system. I am rewarded more points when i win an even match than if I win by 700 points.
    Shouldn't it be rewarded more points when you win a match by a lot, than when winning just slightly?
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    One thing, I still don't quite like are the Hutch obstacle, some events offers extra Epic card on 1-2 places, but often times the player IS ranked number 2 player, but because Hutch racers are currently considered as "players" aswell, so the "number 2" didn't get the epic card prize. Kinda frustating that I would get the Patrol Nismo and Carbon Fibre pack this morning, but because of these Hutch AI racers so I got the lame H3T instead.
  • NickH17NickH17 Member Posts: 2
    Hey top drives Team
    I want to ask why you are changing the scoring system
    I have the problem that I upgraded my Elise wrong. I want that there is an downgrading System so I can set the Engine upgrade back
    Kris said:
    Seems there is something wrong with the new scoring system. I am rewarded more points when i win an even match than if I win by 700 points.
    Shouldn't it be rewarded more points when you win a match by a lot, than when winning just slightly?

We had this system in place but it leads to the complaints we had previously about big score differences. Any bad hands you play are multiplied in terms of Event score loss.

The benefit of a higher score is more prizes per Race Ticket.

Sen1or said:
    What's your Trophy count? You mat have too few Trophies to see the bigger Events.
  • TheMazaRiniTheMazaRini Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Hutch_Ian said:
    Sen1or said:
    What's your Trophy count? You mat have too few Trophies to see the bigger Events.
    If I lose trophies my opponents in events go easily? 
  • apolloapollo Member Posts: 8
    What if you make the point loss less for losing a race. I think winning a race should be rewarded more than losing. Would encourage people to play more and require more skill.
    Hutch_Ian said:
    Sen1or said:
    Oh... only 1000...i specifyty lose... with how many trophies these events begin?
  • KanekiKaneki Member Posts: 58
    edited September 25
    :D :D I think the next update will be big!!
  • lhmanlhman Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    really hope it will come very soon, cause the game is getting boaring
  • RebusJWFRebusJWF Member Posts: 5
    Hutch_Ian said:
    Sen1or said:
    That explains why I don't see many events. Because I keep losing because we can't see what races we're facing, what cars etc and loads of people have fully modded S class cars we drop down the ranks.
    The ranking system is biased, the multiplayer races are unfair. The only races I seem to be able to win are the ones against "HUTCH_..." as these accounts use the rubbish cars.
    I now pretty much do 1 race a day to get the free pack (usually plastic or steel) to try and get some extra money to upgrade my cars.

This game is really good and has the potential to be amazing. But it needs balancing!
    It is necessary to motivate players to climb higher in the cups, then the balance will fall into place
  • MisterwhateverMisterwhatever Member Posts: 4
    edited September 26
    Developers, if you are reading this message, and I know that this is a lot to ask for, but can you give players an automatic Carbon Fiber pack when they reach the RQ level 100? That would be greatly appreciated if you can do this.
  • MikeManNZMikeManNZ Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Developers, if you are reading this message, and I know that this is a lot to ask for, but can you give players an automatic Carbon Fiber pack when they reach the RQ level 100? That would be greatly appreciated if you can do this.
    There is a carbon pack at RQ125
  • TheMazaRiniTheMazaRini Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Hutch_Ian said:
    Sen1or said:

Bro do you know when game upd? In this week maybe? Or in two-three days? 

• MSTMST Member Posts: 3
    edited September 29
    Can the rewards in event change? Cause yesterday I saw carbon fiber pack and A grade audi in audi event for 1-2 place, today its ceramic pack and no cars for 1-3 place haha. What the hell really lol
  • SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    How about implementing a slingshot mechanic e.g if someone is lower than rank 50 for every say 2 ranks below that they gain an extra throphy for winning (does not occur once above rank 50)
  • KellyKelly Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I have to agree with WarriorRui, the game is kinda boring to login and play just a few races.