General Discussion

Matchmaking Gotten Harder?

mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that over the past two weeks the matchmaking has made the brackets/pools/lobbies incredibly difficult?They seem to fill very slowly and only feature the top players in the game (instead of spreading them out better). Is this due to the discussion about those above and below 6000 trophies competing against each other? Have other stipulations been put in?

As a long time player, this current situation is very demotivating and frustrating.

Comments

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a RQ140 event usually fills up two rounds of brackets in the first night. For the TBT90s we are still only around 80 people for the first bracket.
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    Pretty obvious ploy to tempt players to spend money to remain competitive. Has become a joke lately. Should always be fodder in every lobby.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Yeah, a RQ140 event usually fills up two rounds of brackets in the first night. For the TBT90s we are still only around 80 people for the first bracket.
    Yeah i just joined on of the first 90s lobbys where top has around 300 cups... really demotivating
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    some months ago a guy wrote a thread called something like debate about trophy score saving. Anybody remembers his name?   :D
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    This is really frustrating as a 10k Trophy player, i have no shot at tier 1 or 2 in any event that's not like RQ110 or under and no point waiting for another bracket because they fill too slowly. Can someone explain the reasoning as to why it's limited like this?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really frustrating as a 10k Trophy player, i have no shot at tier 1 or 2 in any event that's not like RQ110 or under and no point waiting for another bracket because they fill too slowly. Can someone explain the reasoning as to why it's limited like this?
    It stems from the “do trophies influence the matchmaking” thread, in a nutshell, Hutch thought that the majority of events (apart from tri-series) used trophies to sort the brackets, it was pointed out that it wasn’t so now it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    Deleted. I make a new thread.
  • TNThomasTNThomas Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity... Would you guys tather see trophies being removed making match making completely random?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    TNThomas said:
    Just out of curiosity... Would you guys tather see trophies being removed making match making completely random?
    Yes, but i'm obviously biased because i'm at 10k trophies. I'll listen to a good argument as to why we need matchmaking based on trophies.
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I’m stuck at the bottom of my ‘90’s Quick Thinking league, totally unable to win despite playing my best hand! And I’m not F2P either! Pretty demoralising...
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m stuck at the bottom of my ‘90’s Quick Thinking league, totally unable to win despite playing my best hand! And I’m not F2P either! Pretty demoralising...
    90's events are HARD.  There are a large number of very strong non prize legends available that make things very tricksy.  70's events are probably the "easiest" with the fewest non-prize legends.
    Re "90's events are hard"

This was around 20th position.

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^ yep, I finished about 23rd and I have two 90s Legendaries and a few other decent cars. I couldn't get any higher. Pretty ridiculous to think I needed more than that to be close to competitive.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Those below the 6000k trophies or whatever it’s been set at will be getting the same prize but easier competition. 
    If it continues people will leave in their droves. 
    There's a larger number of people below 6k than there is above and there were plenty of complaints from them about not being able to compete with people with tens of thousands of trophies. This change results in farier competition and less dissatisfied players overall.

And yes, the people at lower trophy counts with weaker hands are getting weaker competition with better prizes, but so did we when we were at a lower trophy count.

• JacoJaco Member Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭
    Those below the 6000k trophies or whatever it’s been set at will be getting the same prize but easier competition. 
    There's a larger number of people below 6k than there is above and there were plenty of complaints from them about not being able to compete with people with tens of thousands of trophies. This change results in farier competition and less dissatisfied players overall.

And yes, the people at lower trophy counts with weaker hands are getting weaker competition with better prizes, but so did we when we were at a lower trophy count.

Still, the good cars of that time we were below 6000 are overclassed by new added cars. For example the Volvo XC90 dual engine was a strong 4WD car at the start of the game and very desirable. Now it is pretty useless.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

So players who have played for a year or whatever have to suffer just so new players have it easier? Yeh good one. 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    Yeah for me the recent 90s event bought this home to me.
    Managed to crawl up to about 20 only to encounter legions of Legendaries as others have mentioned.

Now I have a reasonable garage (no 787b though - damn that still hurts!) and have spent a fair amount of money but I am nowhere near competitive.

I don't know what the answer is... new trophy system? More tiers or differentiation based on trophy count? I suspect the number of players isn't high enough though to enable this, especially with the recent trend of late entry, which is a worry

If it continues like this then it will just get more and more demoralising which can't be a good thing because at some point enough will be enough
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    i wanna ask to Hutch, how many players are over 6k trophy for server EU, Asian and American? Because the problem can be few players, and no incentives to growth up with torphy... you need to pay every 1k trophy with CF so you see a lot people play for win and we will have a lot players over 6k trophy and no problem to fill this brackets!!

Bear in mind when we were at low trophy counts you could smurf down your trophies with no floor.

competition at low trophy counts was I'd suggest MUCH fiercer that it is currently.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    Still, the good cars of that time we were below 6000 are overclassed by new added cars. For example the Volvo XC90 dual engine was a strong 4WD car at the start of the game and very desirable. Now it is pretty useless.
    But is the chance to get useful cars lower or higher than it was? Personally I'd suspect lower. There can only be so many good cars, while each update has introduced bad cars and made previously good cars redundant. 

So players who have played for a year or whatever have to suffer just so new players have it easier? Yeh good one. 
    Experienced players get the trickier match-ups, allowing the new and more casual players a gentler introduction and a fairer crack at the prizes. Many other games work this way.

I'm not saying it's perfect of course. It's still unclear how the game is going to maintain hand variety in the long run. Not having got in early enough I'm always a bit behind the curve and haven't managed to snag any prize cars so I also have concerns whether my garage will ever grow to the point of winning one or whether it'll be a perpetual also-ran as the game moves on faster than my collection.

But I do think this is a good chance for most of the player base. 
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has Hutch responded to this thread at all ?
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    But is the chance to get useful cars lower or higher than it was? Personally I'd suspect lower. There can only be so many good cars, while each update has introduced bad cars and made previously good cars redundant. 

Experienced players get the trickier match-ups, allowing the new and more casual players a gentler introduction and a fairer crack at the prizes. Many other games work this way.

I'm not saying it's perfect of course. It's still unclear how the game is going to maintain hand variety in the long run. Not having got in early enough I'm always a bit behind the curve and haven't managed to snag any prize cars so I also have concerns whether my garage will ever grow to the point of winning one or whether it'll be a perpetual also-ran as the game moves on faster than my collection.

But I do think this is a good chance for most of the player base. 
    You comparing this to other games? Again we are at the point where higher trophies should have way better prizes than lower. That is how it is in other games.