General Discussion

Not Mad, Just Disappointed

Comments

• AguiarAguiar Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that Prize car owners are already ahead by this point in the Nismo event because of the prelims. Prize car owners on average end up with a better Jaguar pack from that event, and a better Jaguar hand as a result. 

I don't know if Hutch are willing to share the numbers with us, but I'd bet at least two thirds of Jaguar prize car owners in the top trophy bracket ended up in the top half of the results. 
    Actually i can tell you that for me it didnt worked, the Max i got from the prelims was a cerâmic. 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that Prize car owners are already ahead by this point in the Nismo event because of the prelims. Prize car owners on average end up with a better Jaguar pack from that event, and a better Jaguar hand as a result. 

I don't know if Hutch are willing to share the numbers with us, but I'd bet at least two thirds of Jaguar prize car owners in the top trophy bracket ended up in the top half of the results. 
    But we're not necessarily better off and I think saying "on average" is a bit strong given CFs are more likely to spit out awful cars.

The previous two events gave away rubbish Jags that aren't useful in the finals, and I didn't hear of anyone at all getting anything decent from the CF this time around. I know I got one of the worst Jag ultra rares personally.
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    The Funny Thing, a Friend of mine asked the support if we can use pricecars in the final.
    He got a clear YES answer, so we fused many Epics in our Project 8 and maxed the xj220... 

Nice that hutch supports lies to us, directly into our face.... nice Customer Service.

Hi mate, can he please take a screenshot of that and post it here? It will be in the saved conversations. It will greatly help in our argument of getting fused cars paid back to those who fused into cars we now can’t use. 

Thanks!
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Member Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    Steph81 said:
    Best is all Whales Stop spending, but Keep playing this game and still win all events over the main playerbase which hutch wants to become more competitive... those will leave,  maybe some of them close the gap with spending thousands , but the steady cashflow of us long term Players will Fall Away and break hutchs neck... Game over
    I’ve stopped spending since 7.5 update and xj220 robbery from Hutch (couple G’s spent overall), but this is the only way Hutch will pay attention guys and gals.  I’m gonna keep saying it.... Stop spending!
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Aguiar said:
    These kinda of decisions made me realize that spending 60 euros in two flop PC games like overkills walking dead and fallout 76 was actually a better decision than spending it on top drives gold, thank you hutch you make me feel better with myself everyday
    Even the 69 Euro that i spend on a Christmas Advent wreath yesterday will give me at least 24 nice and happy days. 
    And better the local florist gets the money then any of these called hutch employees. 
  • plain333plain333 Member Posts: 10
    mikes said:
    To my understanding. the goal of Top Drives is to build a diverse garage to ultimately win events and collect more cars. The cycle basically is:
    • Buy packs with in-game cash or gold; which can be built up over a period of time, or infused with real money.
    • Then we use these acquired cars to win events and gain better rewards to progress in the game. 
    • Repeat
    For those who haven't read it in the in-game forum, the Nissan GT-R NISMO finals will have a stipulation of no prize cars. That means no Project 8 and no XJ220 allowed.This disappoints me for two main reason.
    1. What's the incentive, point, or goal of this game if investing in our garage to win certain rewards becomes meaningless when it matters most?
    2. But more importantly, it's the mindset behind this stipulation. I understand banning a prize car(s) if they are ridiculous dominant within their manufacturer. Banning the 787B from a Mazda event makes sense. Banning the Pikes Peak XL-7 from a Suzuki event makes sense. But why ban prize cars, like the Epic XJ220, when there are three stronger Legendaries available to use in the event? For many, the XJ220 is probably the strongest Jaguar in their garage and now it's taken away. For others (myself included), they have invested what limited food was available into their strongest Epic Jaguar - the XJ220.  
    This all leads to a frustrating and disappointing game play experience. What exactly am I playing towards as a goal anymore if winning rewards (and investing in them) is pointless?
    The idea that this evens the playing field sounds good, but it really won't. It will just further the gap between free to play members and the pay to win members (P2W), who will buy all of the upcoming Jag packs to win more Epics/Legendaires and acquire the food to upgrade them. Those who stand to earn the most from this are new players with big wallets who can spend away to build a great hand without worry of running into a car they cannot acquire. I fully understand new players (with money) are critical for a game to survive, but this also feels like a punishment to longer-term players.

I agree with everything but banning dominant prize cars.  There shouldn't be any prize car restriction for a final, period.  For all the reasons you mentioned in your post.  
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thank you @Hutch_Robin for the long responses to everyone’s questions. My only counter is with point #3. It’s not that I can’t use my best jaguar in the event. It’s that we didn’t get a heads-up that this restriction was coming along. I know you don't usually tell us criteria before an event, but in this case, being the first time it ever happened, advanced noticed would have been nice before I sank 15 Ultra Rares into the car. 
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Robin your point about fusing UR into the XJ220 and it will become useful in the longer term is sickening.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT CERAMICS!

having a maxed xj220 in preparation for this event was to win the Nismo. Not for ceramics. Do you think the timing of players maxing an xj220 these few days was coincidental?

Hutch should absolutely honour any reimbursement requests.
    yeah Ceramic events are a joke above rq 120 or something. 
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Robin your point about fusing UR into the XJ220 and it will become useful in the longer term is sickening.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT CERAMICS!

having a maxed xj220 in preparation for this event was to win the Nismo. Not for ceramics. Do you think the timing of players maxing an xj220 these few days was coincidental?

Hutch should absolutely honour any reimbursement requests.
    How Hutch will treat reimbursement requests will tell if it is a mistake or malicious
    Steph81 said:
    21) The Funny Thing, a Friend of mine asked the support if we can use pricecars in the final.
    He got a clear YES answer, so we fused many Epics in our Project 8 and maxed the xj220... 

Nice that hutch supports lies to us, directly into our face.... nice Customer Service.
    21) I apologise if that was said, it would have been a mistaken comment. It's not a lie, it's not malicious.

• UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    He’s talking about the jag prize packs, not the prize cars themselves @MSteeL
  • topdrives22642topdrives22642 Member Posts: 1
    I created an account to address this point. I do feel that as the game continues, the chasm between newer players and older players will only increase, especially with restrictions like these.

@Hutch_Robin, have you considered making an event that groups people in brackets by the amount of prize cars/legendaries they own (and can use in the event), rather than by RQ? If, for example, a player only owns the xj220 and has maxed the car in preparation for this event, they *might* stand a better chance in placing higher if they were able to use it in competition with similar garages.

You could take it a step further and group players in brackets by the total amount of prize cars, even if I don't own prize cars that apply towards the event. That way, I'd be competing against players who might have a similar garage, thus making it more competitive.
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    And I'm here just wondering why the game will just sporadically crash on startup.  I'm at a point now to where I'm quietly grinding in the background with little to no luck, only now am I expanding my garage to start adding more varied options than I already have.  I'm getting the feeling more and more that focus should almost be entirely on grabbing F and E class cars due to the sheer number of events regarding them. 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    if you rally cared about new players, you would add some rain and city streets tracks, do that UR jags would be useful, but you did not. You just want us to spend more money on upgrading epics and legs. 
  • CharlieRCharlieR Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    Aguiar said:
    Just say that its about the packs and thats it. That was a lot of text from hutch Just to explain sonething that isnt even a issue. 
    Jags dont have extremely good prize cars, therefore no explanation for restrict them. 
    Justifying everything with the new players is useless when nothing is done about them. If its a problem, make groups restrictions, or lift the level cap of players and restrict very high level players to their own group
    How is this gonna help new players? I'm plaing for a year, i have all Jags maxes and i'll eat those new players for lunch anyway... they are not helping them, they are just making old players mad... then in the long term - new player will be  happy about this till he pulls his 1st S or win his 1st prize car - it will be end of the game for him when he'll understand that he just wasted miney and time wining 'em... plainly ridiculous, absolutley short sited and this clearly shows how incapable they r managing this game. This begs the question - do the decisions makers in this company know about this forum? I think than when customer voice will eventually reach them someone will be sacked and that needs to happen fast
  • AguiarAguiar Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    @CharlieR i actually believe All the company actually knows about the fórum and the complains, after All they are Just a "small number" of People. Heheheheheh. I actually believe that making like lvl500 the Max you could actually make life easier for the start of a New players by making events split in rq100/200/300/400/500, that way if thats what they wanted, witch they se em to arguably say the want, the new players wouldnt be splashed by the old guts, Just by the pay2win guys.

Also the excuse that its because of New players is sad and useless because like any other game there Will allways be New players
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    I wonder, what is "new player" in Hutchs mind.  Is it who is still not 150rq?  Or is i who is playing less than N months? 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t going to stop whales at all. The only people it will affect is the hard working f2p and occasional spenders. The ones who play every ticket and SHOULD be the ones Hutch cares most about.  I’m one of those and I have quite a few prize cars, which are the best in my garage. Obviously I want to upgrade them but I won’t bother if I can’t use them in prize car events. I would need to save my food for the lesser cars, and where’s the fun in that?

This seems like it has been done to try and appease the new players, but it’s a con, they’ll still get beaten by SVR’s rather than Project 8’s, what’s the difference?

Really really poor move and leaves me wondering what my goals in this game are.
  • Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    The only people it will affect is the hard working f2p and occasional spenders. The ones who play every ticket and SHOULD be the ones Hutch cares most about. 
    Lol, why should they care only 1 second about you f2p People? .... because you like to play a gratis game all the day? 
    Hutch wants Money Money and Money. You doesnt offer anything, so you are not important at all for them