General Discussion

Porsche Carrera GT Tri-Series

lg29lg29 Member Posts: 670 ✭✭✭✭
Hello, a new Prize Car Tri-Series. This time, the Carrera GT again.
Also, how hard could it be to include all of the three events regarding the Tri-Series for a Prize Event car in one discussion? Would it be all right with the fellow formers? Or is it just another dumb idea by myself?

Back to the subject of the Tri-Series event... It seems to be an all-Italian requirement (for the prelims, at least)... I have a meh hand...

Comments

• SprungGeoduckSprungGeoduck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    I do have a Giulia Quadrifoglio and a maxed Brera S, but I literally only have two other Italian cars (another Brera and a Delta Integrale Evoluzione). Even with a few Italian premiums and maybe a CF, I don't know if I'll really be competitive in this. I suppose it'll be one for the Pagani brigade, especially now that the 760RS is back in business.
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    My italian garage is pretty good, maybe because i'm italian... :smile: >>i have all alfa, fiat, lancia (excluded prize car/S class) maxed, some of them double also.
    Problem is: I have no pagani! So I suppose I won't have any chance anyway...
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I can't really get invested in this event. The Prize car doesn't add much to my garage because of all the damn porsche. So I will probably never ever go past 333 with it.
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I would really like to own that car. Just because I like it. 
    But i will not invest anything in prizecars as long as you can not use them in finals. Whats the point of owning those beautys, if you can't use them, when you need them the most ... 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember it’s a repeat. If you normally have a 9th-15th finish you have a real chance. It’s a whale-free zone.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭
    I see you all talking about prize cars and stuff, so let me point your attention to the last line of Hutch's post on the in-game forum:

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And not a single pagani in sight... T3 is my destiny I suppose, I'm not upgrading anything with chances like that

• nel1978nel1978 Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    No prize cars allowed (NO 760RS allowed) but a lot of Huayra that is stronger that 760RS  🤦🏻‍♂️
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe no prize car + RQ restriction will allow only one legendary
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you all talking about prize cars and stuff, so let me point your attention to the last line of Hutch's post on the in-game forum:

I don’t like the content of last line but I like that u posted it. I must have missed it reading it at 6am.
  • Parimal_2000Parimal_2000 Member Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

Why does position 11-50 say jaguar premium pack? Shouldn't it be Italian premium pack?
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does position 11-50 say jaguar premium pack? Shouldn't it be Italian premium pack?
    I’m assuming a copy and paste misprint. 
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    stvhan said:
    Already i had one
    Is it any good? Decent MRA?
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    stvhan said:
    Already i had one
    Is it any good? Decent MRA?
    Thought I remember hearing MRA was pretty good. No personal experience with it though so take my opinion with a grain of salt...
    It’s pretty good, better than the race car iirc. 

GT2 at 969, GT at 633. Not many Porsche’s can take more than 50pts in a drag vs the maxed GT2
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:

GT2 at 969, GT at 633. Not many Porsche’s can take more than 50pts in a drag vs the maxed GT2
    The RQ26 911 GT1 race car? Yeah, I remember that thing having absolute garbage MRA when it was in a challenge some time ago
    TD01055 said:

The RQ26 911 GT1 race car? Yeah, I remember that thing having absolute garbage MRA when it was in a challenge some time ago
    Sorry I meant the gt1 road car!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nel1978 said:
    No prize cars allowed (NO 760RS allowed) but a lot of Huayra that is stronger that 760RS  🤦🏻‍♂️
    The new 0-60 and MRA adjustment of the 760RS may have made it faster than the Huayra
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    nel1978 said:
    The new 0-60 and MRA adjustment of the 760RS may have made it faster than the Huayra
    Yup 760rs it’s faster in majority of races.
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭

What happens if an owner of the Carrera GT sold it because it was not usefull? Could this player play this finals again? Will Hutch deny the entry because he had one before? Or can he race again to correct his mistake? 
    Jaco said:

What happens if an owner of the Carrera GT sold it because it was not usefull? Could this player play this finals again? Will Hutch deny the entry because he had one before? Or can he race again to correct his mistake? 

Oh that's a great question!
    O__VER said:
    Jaco said:

Personally I think Hutch should make them stump up the $275,000 selling price to get it back rather than allowing them to take a prize car away from another more appreciative player for the second time.
    In fact is that also my question. How shall Hutch handle this players?

I think it would be a great mechanic to be offered to purchase it for its current real world market value and if you can't afford it then be allowed to compete again? (back then we needed a good Porsche hand to win it and now we need Italian cars so it should be fine I guess?) 
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭
    I personally don't like the "Italian" requirement.  That requirement was already there for the 760rs.
    joel24 said:
    I personally don't like the "Italian" requirement.  That requirement was already there for the 760rs.
    I don't know if you know, but I'll remind you just in case that no prize cars will be allowed at the Finals 
    Jaco said:

I'm almost sure that Hutch answered this during the Pikes Peak Owners finals, but I can't find it.
    HeissRod said:
    Jaco said:

I'm almost sure that Hutch answered this during the Pikes Peak Owners finals, but I can't find it.
    Maybe you mean this? And reading it, it indeed implicates if you owned one before ( and not really owning one ) you have to play the Owners club finals 
    I thought someone had specifically asked about selling the Pikes Peak