General Discussion

Mercedes Meet (Event)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who wants some Mercedes Meat?

Comments

• hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    any chance this is a small prize car event? Chrysler 300 SRT-8? Ram 1500 Rebel? they both, in particular the second one, could give a limited use for the finals. And yes I know it's a RQ140 event but remember the Dakar Finals and the Miata/MX-5 GT270.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any chance this is a small prize car event? Chrysler 300 SRT-8? Ram 1500 Rebel? they both, in particular the second one, could give a limited use for the finals. And yes I know it's a RQ140 event but remember the Dakar Finals and the Miata/MX-5 GT270.
    Didn’t the GT270 event utilize essentially the same requirements as the prize car series though? IIRC, it was 5xMazda with an RQ limit. I think if this was going to be a smaller prize car event, we’d see something using similar restrictions to the current prelims/upcoming finals (American Dream or Chevrolet).

Could be wrong, but just my two cents
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RQ140 are never prize car events I'm fairly certain.
    edited January 15
    Didn’t the GT270 event utilize essentially the same requirements as the prize car series though? IIRC, it was 5xMazda with an RQ limit. I think if this was going to be a smaller prize car event, we’d see something using similar restrictions to the current prelims/upcoming finals (American Dream or Chevrolet).

Could be wrong, but just my two cents
    you are right about that point! than again back then Mazda was brand new to the game  but you can't say about the American Dream cars today the same. to avoid that those with a developed AD garage win automatically both trophy cars hutch might have chosen to bring a second manufacturer in.
    Post edited by hillclimber on
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭
    it will be like always before final - usual ceramic event. an 90s skyline probably too. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard ceramic pack prizes, smurfing time.
    mikes said:
    RQ140 are never prize car events I'm fairly certain.
    GMC Yukon I know for sure was, Buick GNX I think so too, the TVR Cerbera was before my time but I thought I read something in this regard. I think there has been more
    ...unfortunately not this time.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quiet event. Has this one not started for some servers or something?
  • ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16

Many forumers in here. @mazeoops @Bucks73 @S3XY and John is also known. I’ll avoid you guys when possible. If not, I’ll hit you equally. Feel free to race me, it’s just a secondary event.
  • ojlerouxojleroux Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I predict the track sets will be something like this. this time I have a real good feeling 👍

Does anybody know what the sign right next to the sun sign means? f.i. last set first race 30-130mph.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ojleroux said:
    I predict the track sets will be something like this. this time I have a real good feeling 👍

Does anybody know what the sign right next to the sun sign means? f.i. last set first race 30-130mph.

That means it is a rolling start ie. Not from standstill.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so USA and EU now have mixed brackets?
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    @DeserT we are in the same bracket. Are there anyone else ?

• Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:

Many forumers in here. @mazeoops @Bucks73 @S3XY and John is also known. I’ll avoid you guys when possible. If not, I’ll hit you equally. Feel free to race me, it’s just a secondary event.
    Yep, we’re all in there. You have a good solid hand so no problem, it’s all yours and happy if you have to play against me. I’m happy with a Ceramic all the same. 
  • DeserTDeserT Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    Pasha said:

None that I know of. It’s gonna be a hard event as I’m using a stock AMG GT.
  • PashaPasha Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    DeserT said:
    Pasha said:

None that I know of. It’s gonna be a hard event as I’m using a stock AMG GT.
    Considering that the bracket is full and we are still in T2. I don't know if you, but I'm more than happy with T2. Have a 3 almost stock legends and not enought for T1, Glenister, Choi and Kim as usuall on top of the mountian ))))
  • DeserTDeserT Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I was kinda hoping for T1 but in this bracket it seems hard. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 4 epics & a host of upgraded ultras I thought I might have a chance here. Can't break the top 10 without at least 2-3 legendary. Maybe I just have a tough bracket. Off to smurfland I go.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    With 4 epics & a host of upgraded ultras I thought I might have a chance here. Can't break the top 10 without at least 2-3 legendary. Maybe I just have a tough bracket. Off to smurfland I go.
    I have two legends but not much more, even my ultras are not maxed.  Merc events happen so often though that I need to start working on it.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Not much smurf action in this one, so i started climbing a bit earlier. any forumers in here to be avoided?