General Discussion

Is this what is intended by the developers of this game?

didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37

Does anyone think that going against so many furais is fun? Great decision on carbon fiber Mazda packs!

Comments

• Steph81Steph81 Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Thats nothing, most top Players have at least 4 of them or more. 

• JakeKJakeK Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, gotta say I was a little disappointed by the Japanese Daily, not much variety of tracks/cars needed. Perfect hand is Pike Peak, 787B and 3x Furai. German Daily is much better, yeah you absolutely need a 918 if you want to do well, but then you also need a least 2 medium height cars, 1 off road car 2 decent rainy cars and 1 handling car and 2 drag cars, makes for much more interesting and varied hands.

I'm hoping they introduce an American and English Dailies as well (France and Italy don't really have deep enough pools yet). But designed more along the lines of the German Daily (in terms of track variety) than the Japanese one.

• didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    Agree with @JakeK don't make much sense when you can just use the same car 5 times and win the races, I thinks it's poor thinking of the tracksets... The japanese daily should as well have at least 1 or 2 off roads(Gravel and Snow), and some rainy (not necessarily in every single trackset but...) and some city streets for medium heigh cars. This would force more variety between cars... I can get tier 1 in my bracket by rocking 5 furais which I don't have, because i don't even have more then 1 Dodge Stealth because I hate duplicates!

I just would like the duplicate ban or at least the use of 2 of the same car max! Or if not, just a better thinking of cars so 5 furais would be useless...
  • baestbaest Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    Dailies are for the big whales. See you for another post at 6K trophies though ;)
    @baest And do you think that makes sense? Specially with all the "keep new players in the game" update suggestions
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely understand frustration with hands being overpopulated with a single powerful car. In this case, where Mazda CFs were present, and the lack of a legendary amounted to a ~20% chance to pull a Furai, it makes sense that there are Furais everywhere - especially when you take into account the previous iterations of Mazda CFs we’ve had. 

I think this argument can be attributed to a few factors: the rarity to performance ratio of the Furai, the gap between F2P and P2W players, and the setup of this particular qualifiers event.

First, the Furai. An RQ26 epic with an immensely high grip stat. Much easier to upgrade compared to a legendary, and much more prevalent (easier to pull from CFs than a legendary, and more likely to pull this out of a Mazda CF than something like the RQ26 GT3 RS out of a Porsche CF). Do I think it should be bumped up to legendary? At this point, no. People have invested far too many resources into obtaining and upgrading these cars because they provide great performance for its RQ. How would Hutch respond to people that bought all the Mazda CFs, earned a few Furai, and then bumped them up to legendary, making them much more expensive to upgrade? 

Next, the spending gap. The main thing holding F2P players back in this event was their gold. Without a desire to spend substantial amounts of gold, they have less of a chance to obtain as many Furai as their P2W brethren. Some will say the tracksets should’ve been more varied, but implementing offroad surfaces would’ve just changed the optimal pull from the CF from a Furai to a CX-9 - still leaving the P2W players with more of an advantage.

It’s really a tough situation for Hutch. As somebody mentioned in the other thread, it’s a “damned if they do, damned if they don’t”. That was in reference to prize car usage if I remember correctly, but the same thing applies here. If they crank the RQ down really low, the P2W players that have spent to obtain the high-RQ beasts get mad because the money/gold they spent loses value. If they leave the RQ up higher, the F2P players that can’t/won’t shell out to obtain multiple Furai get mad that they can’t compete. I don’t claim to have a solution to the problem. I think dropping the RQ down a bit would’ve been okay as it forces players to strategize more with their hands - you could run multiple Furai, but then you’d make yourself vulnerable with the rest of your hand.

Until Hutch figures out how to implement more than two restrictions though, I don’t think we’ll see a ban on duplicates. RQ limits and other restrictions (coupled with tracksets) are what gives this game its variety. Taking away half of the potential for variety by making one restriction “No duplicates” all the time really limits what Hutch can do with events. 
    @milewski1015 But I don't have a problem playing against someone with better hands then mine, my concern is the lack of variety in player hands... It's really boring.

And as @baest said, I will probably rant again at 6k trophies because it doesn't make sense that i'm playing against fully upgrades legendary hands when I can't afford to fully upgrade epics yet, neither can I upgrade most of my ultra rares...
    didabig said:
    @milewski1015 But I don't have a problem playing against someone with better hands then mine, my concern is the lack of variety in player hands... It's really boring.

And as @baest said, I will probably rant again at 6k trophies because it doesn't make sense that i'm playing against fully upgrades legendary hands when I can't afford to fully upgrade epics yet, neither can I upgrade most of my ultra rares...
    I think part of that lack of variety is due to the relatively smaller size of Mazda as a manufacturer. Something like Porsche that is much more extensive would have greater variety among the hands. However, Hutch want to utilize different manufacturers, or else the game would get stale running the big events with the same manufacturers all the time. I think @Hutch_Tim spoke about this in the other thread but I’m at work and can’t be bothered to go track it down at the moment.

As for matchmaking, again, it’s another tough situation. I don’t have it fresh in my mind, but Hutch did state in the past Top Drives Show that they’re aware of the complaints about matchmaking. It is what it is at the this point. There’s no telling if it’ll change anytime soon. As @baest said, the dailies are where all the stops are pulled out. Smurfing would be a much better use of your time. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    over 30k only 10 legendaries, no maxed S but i play to win every event, so i do trophy in every event, not every, in daily never!! :D :D
    didabig said:

I think part of that lack of variety is due to the relatively smaller size of Mazda as a manufacturer. Something like Porsche that is much more extensive would have greater variety among the hands. However, Hutch want to utilize different manufacturers, or else the game would get stale running the big events with the same manufacturers all the time. I think @Hutch_Tim spoke about this in the other thread but I’m at work and can’t be bothered to go track it down at the moment.

As for matchmaking, again, it’s another tough situation. I don’t have it fresh in my mind, but Hutch did state in the past Top Drives Show that they’re aware of the complaints about matchmaking. It is what it is at the this point. There’s no telling if it’ll change anytime soon. As @baest said, the dailies are where all the stops are pulled out. Smurfing would be a much better use of your time. 
    I mean... having Mazda events, I'm fine with it... I just don't think that having, if I'm not mistaken, 10x CF's Mazda Packs out makes much sense for a brand with such low variety of cars. Hutch is basically yelling "HEY! FURAIS HERE EVERYONE". Having 5 of this packs would still be too much! 1x CF Mazda Pack would be enough, followed by 10x Ceramic Mazda! This would guarantee that everyone can join the event, without making the event a P2W, and not only this event but anything where a Mazda Furai can fit in.... the game is overcrowded with furai's.

I got my furai like... 1 to 2 weeks before the mazda event and I was so happy by getting it because I really wanted it for a very long time, now? I might as well discard it... It wont make any use against 3 furais... Might as well turn the furai into a Common car now!

But that is not even my point. I'm not talking about the Mazda event alone, I'm talking about the whole Japanese section of cars, you can dominate by having 5 furais fully upgraded! I'm even scared to put my Nissan GT-R against one Furai! IT'S THE FURAI NIGHTMARE!!!!
    I'm talking Legendary vs Epic!

And I'm not talking about Furais alone, any car that is over used in one hand is boring! That's why I think that people should be able to trade repeated cars!

I'm exaggerating in some stuff, but if you think everyone should be able to use duplicates, then Hutch... please but pleeaaaase at least think better the Packs you put out, the tracksets you choose for the events, and the restrictions!

What happened if there was an Acura CF Pack? It's a really really over exaggerated scenario but everyone would be getting the NSX!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    didabig said:

I'm over 40,000 trophies and I do not possess a single fully upgraded Legendary yet.

I regularly come across players with 6000 or 8000 trophies with four maxed legendaires in prize car events.
    I'm one fuse away from maxing my 12C!  (Been that way for months)
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    didabig said:

I'm over 40,000 trophies and I do not possess a single fully upgraded Legendary yet.

I regularly come across players with 6000 or 8000 trophies with four maxed legendaires in prize car events.
    I'm one fuse away from maxing my 12C!  (Been that way for months)
    My most maxed legendary is XJR-15 of all things... it was instrumental in winning GTR-Nismo, though.

...which wasn't useful even once yet...
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    if hutch put offroad in Japan event  then it will be a total Pikes peak domination. And probably qx70. 

If it's city streets - prize Lancer and evo X.

drags - mazda, Pikes peak, gtr, R390.

With any tracks - you will probably lose. Any daily events are events where you can use your best cars, it's not about strategy and garage diversity.

the only thing which needed - lower buggatti dominance. And hutch did pretty well. 
    2 offroad days,  1 German, 1 Japan and two events for those chirons. 

I hope they add American event, I want to use my demon and hellcats. 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭

First, the Furai. An RQ26 epic with an immensely high grip stat. Much easier to upgrade compared to a legendary, and much more prevalent (easier to pull from CFs than a legendary, and more likely to pull this out of a Mazda CF than something like the RQ26 GT3 RS out of a Porsche CF). Do I think it should be bumped up to legendary? At this point, no. People have invested far too many resources into obtaining and upgrading these cars because they provide great performance for its RQ. How would Hutch respond to people that bought all the Mazda CFs, earned a few Furai, and then bumped them up to legendary, making them much more expensive to upgrade? 
    Bumping the Furai up to Legendary would be far more unfair on those that do not have one yet. Anyone who would pull one post change may as well get rid of it as they would be up against maxed legendary Farai's everywhere and be unable to max theirs... so no not a good idea.
    Nacho101 said:

Bumping the Furai up to Legendary would be far more unfair on those that do not have one yet. Anyone who would pull one post change may as well get rid of it as they would be up against maxed legendary Farai's everywhere and be unable to max theirs... so no not a good idea.
    I’m not saying it should be. I was getting at the point you stated - it wouldn’t be fair to the people that pull one after a hypothetical bump because it’s much harder to upgrade while some people already have 4 or 5 maxed.
  • bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    Nacho101 said:

I’m not saying it should be. I was getting at the point you stated - it wouldn’t be fair to the people that pull one after a hypothetical bump because it’s much harder to upgrade while some people already have 4 or 5 maxed.
    Hutch would never do such a thi....

• bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30

Was thinking about this case. Don’t recall exactly how they explained it - something to do with prestige maybe?
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about this case. Don’t recall exactly how they explained it - something to do with prestige maybe?
    Wasn’t this car just a rq26 epic that due to new cars added got higher rq and bumped up to higher tier?
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:

Wasn’t this car just a rq26 epic that due to new cars added got higher rq and bumped up to higher tier?
    Yeah PL4. Guess who’s pulled 2 since then...
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4724/rarity-and-rq-changes-in-pl-4-april-2018/p1

• 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    43MK4 said:

http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4724/rarity-and-rq-changes-in-pl-4-april-2018/p1

Ouch for the timing of the pulls! But personally I think it’s ok that some rq26 epics get promoted to legendaries if that’s where they belong after adding cars or changing mechanics.
    same way it’s fully ok for rq27 legendaries cars to drop down to rq26 epics.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    TD01055 said:
    43MK4 said:

Ouch for the timing of the pulls! But personally I think it’s ok that some rq26 epics get promoted to legendaries if that’s where they belong after adding cars or changing mechanics.
    same way it’s fully ok for rq27 legendaries cars to drop down to rq26 epics.
    It’s a big difference for an fully upgraded epic getting promotion compared to a 333 legendary getting downgraded (seriously who could be bothered upgrading an rq27 legendary?). The amount of resources required to upgrade, for example a furai, just to match it (not even giving it an advantage) with other fully upgraded legendary furai would be astronomical. I’ve played about 10 months and I’ve yet to max out 1 legendary, that’s to give you scale of the task for non-spending players. @Nacho101 is right, if furai gets bumped up, there will be no point for anyone who pulls it new to keep it
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    I don’t have a Furai, and it’s  pointless trying to get one as most have at least two. So, I won’t buy any Mazda packs, or Japanese packs as they won’t get me anywhere. Unfortunately, that means quite a few events where I can’t compete, which means losing interest in the game (which I really enjoy). 

The situation is a real mess and hutch really messed up with this brand’s release. Hopefully they have learned a lesson.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I mentioned in another thread already, but I purchased the Mazda pack for the Furai and luckily managed to get one. I knew it would give me no chance in this event, but I thought that it was a key car. Even though multiple were used a lot in the Mazda event, there are other events, not just Japanese ones, where a quick car with very good handling would be important. 

Regarding whether it should become a legendary or not, well, I think that purely comes down to what the ranking says when it's next run. Personally, I don't think prestige or anything else should come into it, it should purely be down to the performance based ranking. Yes, this will make it difficult to upgrade if it does go up, which is why RQ changes are published in advance of the changes. I think having RQ29 and 30 non-legendary cars is a bigger problem but that's another topic.