General Discussion

Change the end of event times.

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How hard is it to make 3 servers? One for America (the continent), one for europe and one for asia/au/nz?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    TGPD said:

• South Koreans, Japanese, Australians living in the Outback gets a very late time of 12am.
    • Eastern Russians, Eastern Aussies, Papua New Guineans and Micronesians need some preparations for a 1am finish.
    • Sorry New Zealanders, you get a 3am finish. Still, better than BLOODY 6AM

So most Aussies and all New Zealanders get screwed because you don't want to wake up at 6am.

The best solution is to have a local 8-10pm time, which should be possible if we're already grouped by regions.

That is even better than 9am correct?

• MSRZ23MSRZ23 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I live in the UAE.. have an end time of 1AM. No way working guys can stay up till then. I know changing times for all events will upset everyone. I also support the different events different start time system that was tried a couple of times. That way everyone is happy.
    If the different server different time is possible, that's acceptable too.. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing the regional breakdown of the player base we can't say what's "fair".

Some variation in start times isn't an outrageous suggestion, but if 80% of the player base is European, it makes sense for event times to favour those players.

There are reasonable reasons not to have varying start times by region.
  • joel24joel24 Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm in the middle east and the events end at 1:00 AM .
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 GMT is late enough for Europé, must be tough for the working people, if they're moving the event finishes i'd guess they'd move it to 9 GMT, though 10 seems the best honestly.
    Without knowing the regional breakdown of the player base we can't say what's "fair".

Some variation in start times isn't an outrageous suggestion, but if 80% of the player base is European, it makes sense for event times to favour those players.

There are reasonable reasons not to have varying start times by region.

I don't want Europeans, or anyone for that matter, to suffer.

My intention is that Hutch makes it fair. Ideally, each region of the planet starts their events around 8pm LOCAL time. It means some people start at 8pm GMT, some will start maybe 12am GMT, but it is 8pm where they are.

If that isn't possible and 80% of players are European then make 80% of events start at their times.

But day after day, i am getting nailed because I'm not willing to be sleep deprived, and other players in my bracket don't have to be because it is 5am vs 9am...
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Individual start times for different regions would obviously be optimal if possible..

Otherwise keep it Close to what it is for most events but throw in some different start times here and there, like they had in one of the tri series prelims recently. Change the start time for a few events per week.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    before they changed the ending times the events would end at ~3am +1gmt, now they end at 11pm which is still late.
    about the different servers, players from the american continent would get the specific requirements for an event, asians would see them and have all cars prepared for the tracksets until it begins for them
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no easy solution to this problem, and a 100% fair solution may not even exist at all. Region based start times, or various start times is better than nothing, but those aren't perfect either.

Another idea, that might not work, or be good at all, just wondering what you guys think about it:

What if there would be a possibility to freeze your points in an event? It would mean that you could delete all your ghosts, and make yourself unavailable to race against, any time during an event. But after you've done that there's no turning back, you can not race again either. This way noone could knock you back while you're sleeping. This raises the question, what would happen if everyone around you "retired"? There would be noone you could race against even if you wanted to. Like I said, not sure if it's a good idea. :)

Varying start times by region confers an significant advantage to those in later time zones, it makes restrictions and track sets available in advance and allows players to upgrade their hands with knowledge of what tracks are coming their way.  

Given that regional start times are the easiest way to deal with this complaint I'm assuming that this is the major reason why the hutchians don't implement them.
    edited September 2018
    I can appreciate the potential issues surrounding the regional event times. I can't think of a solution at the moment that stsps the ability for some to be able to upgrade their hands 

Then the next best solution at present is that we get more varied times. I mean even just once a week would be a huge improvement. We have had one event in the past year that has a decent finish time. One single event, not even one day.

Edit: correcting bad autocorrect
    Post edited by RobGripes on
    RobGripes said:
    I can appreciate the potential issues surrounding the regional event times. I can't think of a solution at the moment that tracks the ability for some to be able to upgrade their hands 

Then the next best solution at present is that we get more varied times. I mean even just once a week would be a huge improvement. We have had one event in the past year that has a decent finish time. One single event, not even one day.
    I agree on both points.
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    I’d rather not have to play during school hours...  5PM for me works well.
  • iron_styleiron_style Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The actual system is the best for me, because in Spain ends at 11:00PM. But i know that in other countries the hour changes and can be more problematic.

I think that the problem is very difficult and have bad solution, one of this can be that all the events can have different hours of ending, and the players can choose one of them and dont play in the other 2.

For example, 3 events of Pikes Peak prelims at same time, one of them ends at 9:00pm gmt, other one ends at 4:00am gmt, and the other at 12:00am gmt. If i started one, i only can play in this event and i cant play the other 2.

I think that is one better solution, because if Hutch made different servers, the people always play vs the same people. With this way you can choose one good hour for you, and you can play vs all the world

Sry for my english 
    @iron_style, great English for Second language mate.

Your idea is a good one. We actually had this idea also and i love it. It means variety in players we encounter, and everyone can choose the times that suit them best.

However, it does mean that some people will be able to fuse cars in preparation of they choose a later time.

RobGripes said:
    @iron_style, great English for Second language mate.

Your idea is a good one. We actually had this idea also and i love it. It means variety in players we encounter, and everyone can choose the times that suit them best.

Varying start times by region confers an significant advantage to those in later time zones, it makes restrictions and track sets available in advance and allows players to upgrade their hands with knowledge of what tracks are coming their way.  

Given that regional start times are the easiest way to deal with this complaint I'm assuming that this is the major reason why the hutchians don't implement them.

Actually I've just realised that most people are fusing cars in preparation for an event anyway. Done join only after all are finished, and come in a later, newer bracket.

What if the earlier finish time for the alternate event actually finished earlier instead. So the total event time for those are 24 hours less?

Another day, another tier 1 lost.

@Hutch_Robin any response from Hutch regarding plans to make event times fairer for all?

It will fall on deaf ears.
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate I think that's the most fair solution I've read so far at least for the big events 
  • DabigpDabigp Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello my asian friends! I am looking forward for my 3-week holiday in april in thailand. I saw that the event finishing time is at 5 am there. So i will probably not be able to reach top ranks in these upcoming events, question to players in similar time zones, what can I expect if I dont play the last 4-5 hours? do the big players there (@stvhan, cey kim etc.) play also around this time? So I guess i will be down to smurfing this time, anyways...i can enjoy my holidays more and the time with the family. Thanks in advance for all the responses, tipps!
  • winterbonewinterbone Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, first time posting here, i'm at +7 gmt which falls at 5am, its not great but im not actually complaining, but i do have a suggestion :)

I read somewhere in forum about finals brackets which mention that usually there's about 4 brackets in each region (if i recall correctly) give or take.

How about we have different end times depending of when the bracket starts, rounded up in about 6 hours (ex : bracket starts at 7 gmt rounded up to 12 or down to 6 depends on whether 6 gmt bracket exist or not). So each region will also have around 4 different end time brackets.

I realise thats its probably will have at least 1 end time which is not ideal for each region, but i think this is quite fair.

Anyways just my two cents, thanks for reading :)

• hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    Hello my asian friends! I am looking forward for my 3-week holiday in april in thailand. I saw that the event finishing time is at 5 am there. So i will probably not be able to reach top ranks in these upcoming events, question to players in similar time zones, what can I expect if I dont play the last 4-5 hours? do the big players there (@stvhan, cey kim etc.) play also around this time? So I guess i will be down to smurfing this time, anyways...i can enjoy my holidays more and the time with the family. Thanks in advance for all the responses, tipps!
    you will need one of those devices 

from what I've read they all get up at night for the big events. 
    edited January 31
    Dabigp said:

We do, and it suuucccccks. 

Wife actually made me sleep in the other room to win the Demon. 

If only it could be made that finals end on Saturday night? @Hutch_Tim
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Dabigp said:

I like it Sunday night so that it doesn’t affect Saturday evening/night activities :)
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    RobGripes said:
    Dabigp said:

I like it Sunday night so that it doesn’t affect Saturday evening/night activities :)
    It currently finishes in the middle of my Monday morning at work. Would definitely prefer them ending a day earlier.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finishes at 10pm Sunday night for me, absolutely perfect time lol