General Discussion

Camaro ZL1 1LE Finals [Event]

Comments

• TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Squadala said:
    Can we get some kind of boost, better chance of decent cars in the 3 days event Carbon packs, or something.
    Sick of wasting time all week to finally get a carbon pack and get complete dogshit from it.
    Sick of wasting time and money for prize cars to get tier 5 prizes 
  • SluppermadnSluppermadn Member Posts: 36
    For all of you who missed it, don't be too sad, it has ABSOLUTELY no MRA. It's to heavy for slalom. I'm clueless what it will be able to do in any decent speed!
    In UAE 1-9 it wins, just slighty, gains 50 points.
    The red TVR has better MRA than this car. God, that's disappointing!
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    Thanks to all in my pool who did help me finish 8th , after 3 9th place it feels good , got a **** 19rq BMW in the CF ... and i tryed the new camaro 1.3 vs a 699 campaign camaro on a mile drag and it losses by quite a gap ... def a twisty car
    Back at ya. Aerovette for me. @TimBut  thanks to your bud as well 👍🏼
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Numar said:
    Thanks to all in my pool who did help me finish 8th , after 3 9th place it feels good , got a **** 19rq BMW in the CF ... and i tryed the new camaro 1.3 vs a 699 campaign camaro on a mile drag and it losses by quite a gap ... def a twisty car
    he said that you raced him. 
    anyway grats and sorry for boxtas
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    TD01055 said:
    Numar said:
    he said that you raced him. 
    anyway grats and sorry for boxtas
    Afraid he was mistaken. I was constantly hitting 9th. He was 4 places above why would I bother?! 
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    For all of you who missed it, don't be too sad, it has ABSOLUTELY no MRA. It's to heavy for slalom. I'm clueless what it will be able to do in any decent speed!
    this game is not about drags and slalom. 

this is a decent epic Chevrolet. Probably the best American dream Chevrolet for twisty road, cirquit, hairpin. 
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sad i didnt get the car... im said how hutch handles with their community... 
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    Chris1775 said:
    AdxRE said:
    Hey @Chris1775 @Carlos_Racine @Nacho101, I am Ad. Ma in game and just joined your bracket. Will avoid all of you and Let’s all work together and grab the ZL1!

Things are pretty tight....and we can expect a storm of late joiners. This is going to get expensive....
    @Chris1775 @AdxRE @[email protected]_Racine saw you all hanging around top 8, hope you made it. I didn't have the cars to push any further, pos #10 for me.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CF are useless.... only crappy B class... only $$$ for Hutch.... but as player it's a waste of $$$ buy gold!!! the ratio is iniqual!!!
    Dabigp said:
    This time last minute entry didnt pay off even with a decent hand...for all the people who think it always works out.
    Last minute doesn't so much depend on your hand but rather timing and bracket - Its more of a lottery. In a bracket that opens up a few minutes before event end a week hand can win the prize car. As @Destroyer2k11999 already pointed out, that hand could have been T1 in some brackets.
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabigp said:
    This time last minute entry didnt pay off even with a decent hand...for all the people who think it always works out.
    It’s a T2 easy with this hand , enter day 2 to have better chance to avoid 🐋🐋
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I entered day 2 and made T2 just about with a 333 S, a 333 A and 3 maxed Bs. That hand above wipes the floor with my hand.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never suggest a last minute join unless your hand is particularly bad. If you've got a tier 1 or 2 hand, you're better off waiting for the whales and then joining a second wave bracket. Watch the forums and find out when new brackets have opened.

I've had success with late joining several times but it is getting harder and it only works a very small percentage of the time. You're equally as likely to get tier 4 as you are to get tier 1.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting point about luck of the draw, I kinda late entered with 10 mins left with the intention of using the 5 tickets and buying 1 extra set, luckily I dropped into a newish bracket with 40 people in.
    The top few at the time were 2-0, used all 10 tickets and ended 4th with a record of 14-2 with this hand with probably would have been closer to t2 or t3. But got lucky.

• Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    This was my last event.

Tier 2 with a decent hand. I had a shot at tier 1...
    Just tired of loosing with decent hands. The frustration is even bigger after seeing people with worse hands winning the cars.

• Chris1775Chris1775 Member Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    Chris1775 said:
    AdxRE said:
    Hey @Chris1775 @Carlos_Racine @Nacho101, I am Ad. Ma in game and just joined your bracket. Will avoid all of you and Let’s all work together and grab the ZL1!

Things are pretty tight....and we can expect a storm of late joiners. This is going to get expensive....
    @Chris1775 @AdxRE @[email protected]_Racine saw you all hanging around top 8, hope you made it. I didn't have the cars to push any further, pos #10 for me.
    It was an intense finish for sure! I barely squeezed in there. Raced until the very last second! They were targeting me haaaard.....pretty sure @AdxRE and @Carlos_Racine made it, that’s how it looked after my last race
  • AdxREAdxRE Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    Nacho101 said:
    Chris1775 said:
    AdxRE said:

I hoped I was in a more secure position in T1 so I can give you a hand, yet it was basically 30 minutes of non-stop ticket buying and servicing while fighting server errors. Even had to take my S class 991 Turbo to 366 (from 333) last minute to defend. Just scraped through thankfully. 

How about you guys @Chris1775 @Carlos_Racine?

EDIT: Looks like my post was delayed - Glad to know you made it too @Chris1775!
    AdxRE said:
    Nacho101 said:
    Chris1775 said:
    AdxRE said:

I hoped I was in a more secure position in T1 so I can give you a hand, yet it was basically 30 minutes of non-stop ticket buying and servicing while fighting server errors. Even had to take my S class 991 Turbo to 366 (from 333) last minute to defend. Just scraped through thankfully. 

How about you guys @Chris1775 @Carlos_Racine?

EDIT: Looks like my post was delayed - Glad to know you made it too @Chris1775!
    Nah don’t worry I had no chance, gap was too large anyway, I made it to pos 10 and stopped playing. Thx tho
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my last event.

Just tired of loosing with decent hands. The frustration is even bigger after seeing people with worse hands winning the cars.

I saw you down there in the teens. Would've helped more if I could have. I finished 9th myself. There were some really tough hands up there. As @mazeoops said, I think the ultra rare was basically a guaranteed 75 points for anybody racing you. I might've been able to scrape by in 8th, but I was busy and didn't get to spam tickets until about 45 seconds left and had to try and climb up from 11th.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulled my first duplicate Legendary....the worst SLS.  Darn it!

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4

Since my only S class Porsche was a prize car, had 0 Epics, just 5 maxed UltraRares (and not the best ones either), I tried a last minute join (not proud). My heart was jumping out of my chest when I saw my opponent was a Hutch bot, but then quickly calmed down after finding myself in 202th place with that one victory. :) Eventually finished 18Xth, with an alu as my reward. Probably should've smurfed, from day 1. Lesson learned: only @SubaruLover04 is lucky enough to do this. Edit: apparently he's not the only one. :)

Post edited by Ozzman on
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Well yet another P9, getting a bit tedious. Well ok it was P10 because I gave up after burning hundreds in Tickets and Services.
    Can't compete against multiple players kicking you down.

I'm not even that disappointed, just another nail in the TD coffin for me.

I'll be sure to pick my battles better in the future (as they dwindle to zero). Then I guess i'll just have to lower my expectations  :)
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my last event.

You would have been comfortably out of the top 8 in my bracket with that hand.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    This was my last event.

You would have been comfortably out of the top 8 in my bracket with that hand.
    Funny. Good, maxed epics really were key this time. Only significantly upgraded legends or 917/962 could be safe from 26rq porsches, especially gt3rs. Objectively my hand was worse but due to bonuses from twin rs' (and my own 962) i was I able to squeeze into top 8.
    Post edited by evilprofesseur on
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yet another P9, getting a bit tedious. Well ok it was P10 because I gave up after burning hundreds in Tickets and Services.
    Can't compete against multiple players kicking you down.

I'm not even that disappointed, just another nail in the TD coffin for me.

I'll be sure to pick my battles better in the future (as they dwindle to zero). Then I guess i'll just have to lower my expectations  :)
    I think we have the same luck: