General Discussion

Since the 2019 Suggestions thread is closed

2»

Comments

• GsearchGsearch Member, Administrator, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,340 admin
    the Forest River Crossing in the Black Forest environment, I would suggest to let the river slow down cars with low ground clearance more than cars with medium ground clearance and let cars with high ground clearance be the fastest. that's only plausible and makes the car selection more interesting. 
    Nope..  Performance tires with low clearance would hydroplane right over that creek.   lol.  Just kidding.  You would think that a high ride vehicle would move through much faster and the 6X6 wouldn't even notice the terrain change.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsearch said:
    the Forest River Crossing in the Black Forest environment, I would suggest to let the river slow down cars with low ground clearance more than cars with medium ground clearance and let cars with high ground clearance be the fastest. that's only plausible and makes the car selection more interesting. 
    Nope..  Performance tires with low clearance would hydroplane right over that creek.   lol.  Just kidding.  You would think that a high ride vehicle would move through much faster and the 6X6 wouldn't even notice the terrain change.
    What’s the chances of the water cutting out the engine of low height cars? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will we can see some rewards for trophy steps? i have over 30k trophy and is quiet impossible win something and when i say something is about some trash ceramic pack with good gold (250) or a nice CF (but only one time a week this event) and always with events too long!!
  • SinguSingu Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    I think there should be a change about the brackets at the events. The gap between old and new player gets too big.
    It’s so hard for new player to compete with older players. As long as they still play and smurf there is no way.
    If you have 300 days more of smurfing and buying ceramics a new player will never get you. But all players are together in a bracket. So a new player can quit already as long as he doesn’t pay to close the gap. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know.. but when you talk of old player, here in this forum there are a lot.. but in game, i don't know... maybe Hutch know the numbers about how many active players with over 365 days... it could be interesting!!
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    There still needs more to be done about hillclimbs, I hope they touch this in the next update. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Singu said:
    I think there should be a change about the brackets at the events. The gap between old and new player gets too big.
    It’s so hard for new player to compete with older players. As long as they still play and smurf there is no way.
    If you have 300 days more of smurfing and buying ceramics a new player will never get you. But all players are together in a bracket. So a new player can quit already as long as he doesn’t pay to close the gap. 
    The only events a relatively new player can be in with higher trophy count (or long term players) is RQ45 events which tend to be the better prizes that new players shouldn’t really be winning anyway. 
    The majority of other events use trophy count to determine brackets. A new matchmaking system wouldn’t go amiss but it’s no less fair on existing players than new players as it stands at the moment imo. 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Similarly specced cars with off road tyres should not be able to compete with performance tyres on a twisty track. Way too much block movement on a corner to maintain similar speeds.

• hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    Gsearch said:
    What’s the chances of the water cutting out the engine of low height cars? 
    that river you see there should be between 20-50 cm deep. a more shallow might not reflect nature and a deeper one might be hazard to a low ground clearance car at any speed (that truely would lead to a DNF and extraordinary maintenance costs of 100g). But for sure slowing down would not only prevent from water intake but also from general damage  even more than it helps to go slow over a speed bump. it's not only water.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Similarly specced cars with off road tyres should not be able to compete with performance tyres on a twisty track. Way too much block movement on a corner to maintain similar speeds.

The stats on the cards are based on their performance on dry asphalt. So if that Silvia had performance tires, its handling stat should be higher. Therefore since this race was on dry asphalt and the Silvia has the marginally better stats, the win makes sense.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Blue2moro said:

The stats on the cards are based on their performance on dry asphalt. So if that Silvia had performance tires, its handling stat should be higher. Therefore since this race was on dry asphalt and the Silvia has the marginally better stats, the win makes sense.
    I did forget about card stats being dry asphalt. Thanks for the reminder.

However, I stubbornly refuse to believe a 4wd car on performance tyres would be beaten on a twisty course by a similarly engined rwd car on off road tyres. It really shouldn't happen. That thing should be struggling to maintain any reasonable corner speed.

I'd be interested in the data used to justify an off road vehicle obtaining such levels of grip on asphalt.
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said: 
    O__VER said:
    Blue2moro said:

I did forget about card stats being dry asphalt. Thanks for the reminder.

However, I stubbornly refuse to believe a 4wd car on performance tyres would be beaten on a twisty course by a similarly engined rwd car on off road tyres. It really shouldn't happen. That thing should be struggling to maintain any reasonable corner speed.

I'd be interested in the data used to justify an off road vehicle obtaining such levels of grip on asphalt.
    Oh yeah I totally agree on handling stats being a bit high for off-road cars in general. Like how does the UR Porsche Rally finish with a handling stat on asphalt of 94? That's as high as any UR Porsches even get and this somehow does it on off-road rubber?

And then there's the issue of handling inconsistency as well. Like how does the aforementioned Porsche achieve 94 when the Dakar only gets to 89? But then in my opinion handling is ridiculously inconsistent across the whole game, so...
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off road tyres should have a penalty on dry asphalt
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    Completely agree that the stats are high for some offroad cars, but it's worth factoring in that some of those mentioned like the Porsche are race cars not road cars and are designed for just being fast. It is still not quite right though that a 1970s rally car is handling better than a current fast road car.
    (I appreciate that my argument can be countered with the Jag Trans-Am's poor handling stat!).
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    Being able to lock Cars everywhere but only unlock in the My Car section. Right now it's the opposite and super anoying...
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix event filters conflicting. 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 581 admin
    Rather than give off-road cars a penalty on asphalt (as that's not how it works, asphalt is the standard), we could deploy a general downgrade of handling on all off-road tire cars if people believe it can't be right as it looks?

TimBut said:
    I think I know what you mean, but can you clarify? I think the issue is that if there are two requirements that are both needed (e.g. 5x Super-rare, 2x UK), selecting both uses an 'OR' function rather than the 'AND' function you'd actually need. Is that it?
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Rather than give off-road cars a penalty on asphalt (as that's not how it works, asphalt is the standard), we could deploy a general downgrade of handling on all off-road tire cars if people believe it can't be right as it looks?

TimBut said:
    I think I know what you mean, but can you clarify? I think the issue is that if there are two requirements that are both needed (e.g. 5x Super-rare, 2x UK), selecting both uses an 'OR' function rather than the 'AND' function you'd actually need. Is that it?
    Yes, I believe that is what he means. I agree, would be a great fix.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Or maybe we could employ a fictional surface where all handing is based?  Performance tires would get a boost on asphalt and non-performance would get a hindrance.  I imagine this fictional baseline surface existing between asphalt and dry dirt.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

TimBut said:
    Yes, I believe that is what he means. I agree, would be a great fix.
    this isn't pretty either 

it appears when you want to use the event filter on the held cars.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Or maybe we could employ a fictional surface where all handing is based?  Performance tires would get a boost on asphalt and non-performance would get a hindrance.  I imagine this fictional baseline surface existing between asphalt and dry dirt.
    I don't want to start a dangerous precedent, but I agree with @HeissRod
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    I don't want to start a dangerous precedent, but I agree with @HeissRod
    Mind. Blown. 
    Hutch_Tim said:

TimBut said:
    yeah absolutely right.  Just the same as usual filter. 
    I would also love to have lowered chances to get another copy of legendary. 

When it is so hard to get one legendary and there are no obvious way to earn it (except work hard, get money :) its such a frustration to pull 3d copy of Pagani Zonda s73 or audi r8 coupe, or second 12c. Or third Ford gt 2005. 

In Destiny game activision had a special pack buying which there were a 100% chance of getting new legendary item. Maybe we can have something like this.

Maybe not only with legendary, but for example each week on Wednesday we can but pack which guarantees new car from B to S class.  
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    I think it has been said several times. 
    As the cars are geting more and more the premium packs are getting more interesting to pull certain cars. I'm fine with paying a little extra for that. 
    But i would realy appreciate to have the same drope rates for premium packs like for ceramics. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they can change it from test bowl to motocross.
  • ljhcjpljhcjp Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Please add a filter by ‘unlocked car’  I’m not sure why you wouldn’t add that when you designed in the lock feature?