General Discussion

RQ27 Legendaries and their value to the game

hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Many of these cars are just more or less useless to the game because they are simply too expensive to upgrade. So I would like to discuss here options to give more use to them. 

what I was thinking of, is what would happen if Hutch would allow us to use URs as food for the first three tuning stages? that means to take one of those lower end Legendaries to 666 you would "only" need nine URs and then six Epics to max them. This half step could lead to a much more open  and interesting competition. Yes I would say it's a win-win-situation for players and Hutch. It would allow us to max cars that once were epics or are on the edge to be one, such as those cars...

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    win win solution? i don't think.. for Hutch is not a win because lost more $$ with no selling CF packs if you can use UR for upgrade this cars!!
    Good point but i don't think we will see this change!!
    Post edited by mauro07 on
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    If you want to sell something but no one buys it, you have to think about your pricing. These cars don't get upgraded because the price is to high. Only an inexperienced player or a whale under special circumstances would fuse 15 epics into one of those. But if you could upgrade them to reduced expenses that would change. Also it would apply a bit more pressure on the better Legendaries to have them higher upgraded (the more open competition i was speaking of). Yes I think this would help Hutch as well.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone upgrade this S cars with A, Hutch would refund this players with gold or money! And we will see an inflation of S rq27 upgraded 666 and the rq28 will be useless and maybe rq29... it seems a difficult game change after 2 years!!
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    At least I think Hutch could have the statistics how much the RQ27 cars are upgraded or not - but I would agree to hillclimber that they won't be used much for upgrading.
    Another option to make them more attractive could be a reduced number of Epics you need for an upgrade: When they allow to upgrade with only 2 Epics instead of 3, then you can have a RQ27 maxed with only 10 Epics.  The idea to use UR's for the upgrade might bring us to the problem that they behave more like an RQ27 Epic than an RQ27 Legendary car.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just make rq27 epic and legendaries start at rq28?
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    Wed have the same problem for 28 rq cars
    edited February 9
    Maybe something like this

27RQ Legendaries upgradeable to 2.3 2.3 2.3 with UR's

28RQ Legendaries upgradebale to 2.3 2.3 1.3 with UR's

29RQ Legendaries upgradeable to 2.3 1.3 1.3 with UR's

And triple (or maybe x5) upgrade prices for a UR upgrade

But you would still be rarely finding 27RQ Maxed Legendaries...
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    i dnt think it is ever gona happen. if u can use ur to upgrade s car then the same concept should be applied to other classes as well. Even though most rq27 cars arr not that useful but they r still useful in some events (hutchs arguement). 917 and dakar are very useful cars so i dnt think it is gona happen
    edited February 9
    mauro07 said:
    if someone upgrade this S cars with A, Hutch would refund this players with gold or money! And we will see an inflation of S rq27 upgraded 666 and the rq28 will be useless and maybe rq29... it seems a difficult game change after 2 years!! 
    Legendaries have been degraded in the past (Corvette Z06) or seriously nerved (Quadrofoglio) and there was no refund. but you're right, I'm trying here also to find out if such a change would be accepted by the player base. this half step wouldn't have to be applied to all RQ27 cars such as the 917 or Dakar,  only to cars that need a boost to become attractive. 

Another option to make them more attractive could be a reduced number of Epics you need for an upgrade: When they allow to upgrade with only 2 Epics instead of 3, then you can have a RQ27 maxed with only 10 Epics. 
    agree, that's the other option I was thinking of.

Twinkie said:
    Maybe something like this

27RQ Legendaries upgradeable to 2.3 2.3 2.3 with UR's

28RQ Legendaries upgradebale to 2.3 2.3 1.3 with UR's

29RQ Legendaries upgradeable to 2.3 1.3 1.3 with UR's

And triple (or maybe x5) upgrade prices for a UR upgrade

But you would still be rarely finding 27RQ Maxed Legendaries...
    the third option would be a dynamic pricing. Legendaries that get upgraded the fewest get the UR discount. a bit of a more complicated and less transparent option but the most balanced one.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    I also think that there should be an option for a single car upgrade if using a car from the same class. In other words, fuse a single Epic into an Epic and get a level increase. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    Ultimate said:
    I don’t know. Rq28s are clearly a step above rq27s. And there aren’t that many rq 29 and 30s that you would need to prioritise 
    Ultimate said:
    Twinkie said:
    Ultimate said:
    I don’t know. Rq28s are clearly a step above rq27s. And there aren’t that many rq 29 and 30s that you would need to prioritise 
    Compare the 911 gt1 to the gt3 rs 4.0.... not a big distance between those
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow Legendaries to be fused by using only 2 other Legendaries
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  Thst Jaguar and Porsche GT2 aren’t useless.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    So taht everybody uses to legendaries for upfrading there 30rq ones? Still 27rq would find there only use in being fused into 30rq ones
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    An idea: it would probably be too complicated to code, but perhaps fusing could be based on RQ?

Thinking out loud... an RQ30 upgrade could cost 3x 30RQ minus 2/3 of 30RQ or 70. So with only 3 cars allowed you’d need a minimum of 2x RQ23 & 1 RQ24. For an RQ27 you’d need 63 RQ which could be done any way you like as long as it’s exactly 3 cars. 

Then you could upgrade anything you like regardless of it’s standing within its class. 

Hutch - please make cheque payable to ‘Mr S Boxta’ 👍 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pSik are you listening to my thoughts? If so, that thing with the oven ready chicken did not happen. 
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 520 ✭✭✭
    Allow cars getting into another class by fusing.
    Fuse 3 C Class and get a b. Fuse 3 B Class and get an A.
    So you could literally buy tonns of plastivs and keep fusing until you can fuse into a legend...

If 3 is to easy, take 5 cars to fuse to get a higher class...
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    Legendary should be worth at least 3 epics when fusing into another legendary... 
  • iron_styleiron_style Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    To be honest, all ideas are good for the players, but really bad for Hutch’s wallet 
    edited February 10
    To be honest, all ideas are good for the players, but really bad for Hutch’s wallet 
    not necessarily in my opinion as explained above, mainly because we're talking here of cars that normaly don't get upgraded that often. what makes you feel differently?  
    edited February 10
    They are... for now u dont have a reason to upgrade a 27rq legendary... few people do it... if theyd be upgradeable with UR's more ppl would upgrade them and would spend money and fuse mats... so they need more ur food and buy more cfs...
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also talk about 28rq legendaries, as Audi r8 spyder fully upgraded still lose on a lot of tracks to upgraded epic cars. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the cars need to be put back through the RQ simulator thingy, there are just too many not competitive enough at their RQ level or against lower RQ cars. 
    As above the R8 spyder and I’ll add the R8+ for instance, why are they still at that RQ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • pSikpSik Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Very interesting discussion, and something we have talked about too.

The difference in value between fusing cars into a lower RQ car vs a higher one is tolerable for most rarities. For Epics it's quite large, but still justifiable if in a Tri-Series it helps you beat all the Ultra-rares. It's really for Legendaries that it becomes particularly extreme.

For this reason, rather than a radical change where each higher RQ requires slightly more higher-rarity cars to Fuse, just making some sort of adjustment for RQ27 Legendaries looks a pretty good idea. Not to say it's imminent, or even confirmed, just that we're open to something along these lines.
    I agree with you that the feel of upgrades for non leg/epics feel way different than super rares and lower (ultra rare are still in the middle ground of being almost right).

Now to your next point.
    I don't believe our suggestions are radical changes.  They're not minor changes either.
    I don't agree with making a small subset of a specific rarity special because it will then make the next rq point above them worse and you will hit a cycle of needing to do the same change to make it better and then you eventually do the same to 29/30 etc.

There have been a lot of 'upgrade token' suggestions to make upgrading easier. I fully agree that is a path you must explore.
    It would be easy to start running events that award them to see how they fit into the games design.
    It would also be easy to monetise them.
    Running 'on demand' events that you join for currency that award them. Works for both PvE and PvP events too.

Here's one suggestion
    You have an event you join with 10 players.
    The top prize is 1 epic token. 2 & 3 are ultra rares. Rest can be determined later.
    The game randomly selected 5 tracks with rq brackets and the rankings is based on how well you do with gaining points.

Simple easy suggestions :wink:

Anyway I'm done typing from the train :smile:
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    pSik said:

Here's one suggestion
    You have an event you join with 10 players.
    The top prize is 1 epic token. 2 & 3 are ultra rares. Rest can be determined later.
    The game randomly selected 5 tracks with rq brackets and the rankings is based on how well you do with gaining points.
    Even though I agree with you that would still make RQ27 kinda useless... First there is no legendary token in your comment, and why would I upgrade my RQ27 if I could upgrade the RQ30, 29 and 28 first? I'm assuming that this tokens will be extremely hard to get for non-whales like me so I would have to be very carefull if I could touch even one of this legendary token and definitely my only RQ27 Legendary Dodge Viper... the red one.... would not be an option to be upgraded.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn piece of junk
    edited February 11
    TimBut said:
    damn piece of junk
    I guess that's tarmac? All-Surface tires perform in the wet the same way like standard tires.