General Discussion

Mitsubishi Evo X Finals (Event)

Comments

• TryMe8TryMe8 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    What do the top hands look like?
  • rkorallerkoralle Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Damn i put everything into those standard tyred mercs....
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    I think everyone did...
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    rkoralle said:
    I think everyone did...
    i almost upgraded my second cla250 amd cls300
  • DoupaoDoupao Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    tbh... that final is really lacking some fantasy in the department of the track sets.
    Give us STD cars and no rain. enough offroad Mercs are in the game. And everyone has some. But no need and no chance to use them here too. No it's just plain flat asphalt tracks. Only one City set at all.
    And the owner club reward is not really "rewarding" only the 5x CF could help here... but also this has a nice chance for 5x UR trash cars.
    hutch has been giving out cars not useful for the final since i cant rmbr which event
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the best tune for this one? 969?

Or maybe is this one at 333 better? Dont feel upgrading epic merc as i dont have chance for t1 anyway. 

• luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Well, I could not find the post so quickly, but I am 100% sure that I read a post from Hutch where they said that the prize cars from the pre-final events will not have any use in the final at all. When I saw it I thought that we will have to use a different brand in the final, but this is also a way it could be.

So after all nothing to complain for you guys here.  Just stop crying like a baby and put the pedal to the medal.  
    SL73 could be better 969 than 996 in this event?

Mine is 966 now...
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty disappointed with the tracksets as well. Think this will be the first major finals that I just smarf. So boring. 

I get that hutch need to sell the CFs, but wow, if you’d bought all those offered since 1st January you’d have spent at least £1500 by now. Insane. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkoralle said:
    SL73 could be better 969 than 996 in this event?

Mine is 966 now...
    It’s midrange is ****, about all it’s good for is test bowl, which isn’t in the tracksets. If specifically for this event, I would lean 969
  • bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Flipping heack may as well gave away fords in the run up .

So glad i fed 6 ultra rares into a 4x4 merc and not the merc GT I had .... not
    Post edited by bobdylan on
  • Evil_RabbitEvil_Rabbit Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    how are the brackets filling up?
    got a really bad merc hand...
    Wondering if I should just skip upgrading my E63 RQ24 merc and save the UR for my BMW M4, ZL1 or a second Furai.
    Any input?
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what are the top hands and do I have chances with 2 UR mercs. 
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t be the only one that expected dry and twisty tracks right? All previous merc events have been wet and off-road to mitigate the GT3, was pretty obvious with it banned they would go dry. 
    can't decide what to do with a45 - 969 or 699. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I could not find the post so quickly, but I am 100% sure that I read a post from Hutch where they said that the prize cars from the pre-final events will not have any use in the final at all. When I saw it I thought that we will have to use a different brand in the final, but this is also a way it could be.

So after all nothing to complain for you guys here.  Just stop crying like a baby and put the pedal to the medal.  
    I’m pretty sure you misunderstood that.  It’s PRIZE cars that will not be allowed in the finals.
    TimBut said:
    I’ve got a 699 and it’s doing well, although not directly faced a 969. If you want timings let me know which tracks
    TD01055 said:
    I can’t be the only one that expected dry and twisty tracks right? All previous merc events have been wet and off-road to mitigate the GT3, was pretty obvious with it banned they would go dry. 
    But prize cars are being banned in all finals now by the looks of it so you can’t really go by that theory really. 
    I haven’t got an issue with the tracks being all dry, I think you’re right with previous criteria, what’s disappointing is the prelim prize leads you to believe there would be wet tracks involved as that’s what the prelims are meant to be for by Hutch’s event structure no?
    I just meant with this being the first merc event with the prize car banned it was a good opportunity for dry sets. Maybe it’s my cynical nature but I can’t recall prelim prize cars ever being directly related to tracksets so I try not to read into them to much.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    969 is currently better. Did mine that way out of sheer ignorance ages ago! 
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭

So why even make Mercedes the prize cars in the Prelims? Why not any UR car at all? The final was clearly an all Mercedes event, so why give the some of the worst possible Mercedes for a dry event? Your argument doesn’t make sense. Pretty much any other RQ22 car would have been preferable to the 350e if we didn’t need it for the finals. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭

This is only merc prize car. Can someone tell me if we’ve played for it already? Could have been before my time but I don’t see it very often if it’s out there
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Ultimate said:

This is only merc prize car. Can someone tell me if we’ve played for it already? Could have been before my time but I don’t see it very often if it’s out there
    Yes. 2 consecutive events. 
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4248/mercedes-event-2nd-chance-showdown/p1

Didn't found the other one. 

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    TD01055 said:
    But prize cars are being banned in all finals now by the looks of it so you can’t really go by that theory really. 
    I haven’t got an issue with the tracks being all dry, I think you’re right with previous criteria, what’s disappointing is the prelim prize leads you to believe there would be wet tracks involved as that’s what the prelims are meant to be for by Hutch’s event structure no?
    I just meant with this being the first merc event with the prize car banned it was a good opportunity for dry sets. Maybe it’s my cynical nature but I can’t recall prelim prize cars ever being directly related to tracksets so I try not to read into them to much.
    They are meant to be related to the finals to help you win the prize car, they very seldom are of any use though so you’re not being cynical. 😄
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:

Yes. 2 consecutive events. 
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/4248/mercedes-event-2nd-chance-showdown/p1

Didn't found the other one. 

Cheers. Yeah definitely before my time. You oldies get all the good stuff 
    in previous prelims was quite useful Porsche rsr 3.0

in finals before was Tahoe for those who still don't have it. 

But that's all I remember what was useful 
    how are the brackets filling up?
    got a really bad merc hand...
    Wondering if I should just skip upgrading my E63 RQ24 merc and save the UR for my BMW M4, ZL1 or a second Furai.
    Any input?
    I am also interested in this. Pulled that e63 in a merc cf...
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    James Kelly, is that you @bobdylan? Or am i misremembering? I’m Tobias Pettersson