General Discussion

Too Many Events with Mercedes and Porsche at the Forefront

GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
edited February 15 in General Discussion
I don't have any facts on me, statistics on me, or the history to back it up, but I feel that almost every major event/ a huge majority has had and placed a large emphasis on winning the prize car by having a strong Mercedes and Porsche hand.

It has gotten old seeing the same cars all the time when the amount of manufacturers in this game is a good amount, nonetheless a Hutch team member even mentioning that this game is close to beating the world record for the amount of licensed cars in a game, and yet we have to focus solely on a few cars from two big manufacturers to win the big prizes.

What do you guys think? 

Comments

• greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry for next major event you will use Hyundai and Kia
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we tend to notice events where we are weaker and thus get annoyed. I’m probably weakest in American and Japanese events so for me it feels like there are too many American/jap events. We also have to consider how many cars are available from each manufacturer/country. Ie: there are quite a few Porsche’s, there are probably nearly as many Porsche’s as there are French cars in game.
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    I can see how you get this impression, but I think it's because a marque like Porsche has a lot of good cars that fit lots of criteria. 80s event, Martinis are everywhere, 90s event, the 911 RS comes out to play. Any german event will have a bunch of Merc and Porsche too and then you have just great Porsches in unrestricted events. Then, yes, there are Porsche and Merc events, and I can understand why they'd be a good number of them as both manufacturers are well represented in game meaning that people can use varied hands.
    I don't think there have been too many events focused on Porsche and Merc though, we've just come out of a season of US based events due to the American Dream update.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    It would maybe be good to have a European tag in game so that criteria could be used in a final to mix things up a bit and still give Hutch the opportunity to sell packs. 
    Oh I like that. Could lead to some really interesting events down the line
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    There haven’t been that many Porsche/Mercedes big events really, @Moog has explained it very well imo. 
    There are manufacturers that have been overlooked though, Audi has never been used apart from a restricted RQ qualifier/prelim which I don’t really understand as there are enough to construct an event. I don’t recall  Caterham ever having had an event, even a small one. 
    It would maybe be good to have a European tag in game so that criteria could be used in a final to mix things up a bit and still give Hutch the opportunity to sell packs. 
    Of course, post 29 March that European tag will have to exclude cars from the Independent Republic of Little Englanders.
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    There haven’t been that many Porsche/Mercedes big events really, @Moog has explained it very well imo. 
    There are manufacturers that have been overlooked though, Audi has never been used apart from a restricted RQ qualifier/prelim which I don’t really understand as there are enough to construct an event. I don’t recall  Caterham ever having had an event, even a small one. 
    Of course, post 29 March that European tag will have to exclude cars from the Independent Republic of Little Englanders.
    It's still in Europe, they won't leave the continent...
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, you need to explain that to half the population. 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    Porsche maybe. There are too many porsches in game with every little variant seemingly being represented and the comparable models for the older cars not appearing at all.  Especially now that a Porsche has taken the title of best non-prize rally car and dominates almost everything off-road with it's far too low RQ. 

But Mercedes? There are hardly any events calling for mercedes, or suiting their cars typical character of poor low speed acceleration, good high speed acceleration and medium handling. My CLK 63, one of the better mercs, is the least used of my four RQ25 cars. The Boxster Spyder, 911 GT2 RS and Camaro Z/28 are have more races per day.  

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    I believe that's because of the Audi CF debacle in late 2017, where R8s were handed out like Candy.  I think it was something along the lines of Epic drop rates.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I believe that's because of the Audi CF debacle in late 2017, where R8s were handed out like Candy.  I think it was something along the lines of Epic drop rates.
    No, it was more along the lines of Ultra Rares
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    I originally put that, but since CFs guarantee a UR....
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    The CF’s worked normally but the cheaper ceramics they offered for a couple hundred gold gave out guaranteed epics. Not sure of the exact stats but I bought 2 and got 4 epics. 
    edited February 15
    TD01055 said:
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    The CF’s worked normally but the cheaper ceramics they offered for a couple hundred gold gave out guaranteed epics. Not sure of the exact stats but I bought 2 and got 4 epics. 
    Yes, that is correct. It treated the Legendaries, Epics and Ultra Rares all the same or something like that. That's where I got my SQ5 and Audi R8 Spyder
    Post edited by mikes on
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    TD01055 said:
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    Yes, that is correct. I treated the Legendaries, Epics and Ultra Rares all the same or something like that. That's where I got my SQ5 and Audi R8 Spyder
    Thats also where I used all my F2P gold on Audi CFs like a sucker and ended up with an S8 coupe' and Audi S1 🙁
    when I learned of the guaranteed R8 packs and won an event to afford to buy it hutch already fixed the bug :/ kicking myself to this day over that mistake.
    edited February 15
    greddy said:
    So thats why everyone have so strong audi hands.. That was probably before me, as i dont remember such packs. 
    According to my RS7, R8 Spider and SQ5, it was 504 days ago. So it would have been Friday September 29th, 2017.
    Geez, hard to believe:
    1. I have been playing this long
    2. I was actually on my second account after screwing up my first account and starting over
    3. I had already accidentally sold my 12C when hastily closing up my phone by this point, and winning these three Audis is what kept me playing the game.
    P.S. - those three cars came from two Premium Audi packs (AKA Ceramics)
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re all right about the Audi packs of course but it shouldn’t imo preclude that manufacturer from being used for major events. I got an RS6 btw. 
    mikes said:
    TD01055 said:
    HeissRod said:
    mikes said:
    HeissRod said:
    Yes, that is correct. I treated the Legendaries, Epics and Ultra Rares all the same or something like that. That's where I got my SQ5 and Audi R8 Spyder
    Thats also where I used all my F2P gold on Audi CFs like a sucker and ended up with an S8 coupe' and Audi S1 🙁
    when I learned of the guaranteed R8 packs and won an event to afford to buy it hutch already fixed the bug :/ kicking myself to this day over that mistake.
    I had no gold to spend at that time and hadn't yet resigned myself to spend money on the game.  I bought none of those packs. :(
  • johns294johns294 Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    In the spirit of using a broader spectrum of cars, maybe it should be that you can have only 1 of the same car in a hand. I know reading on here I see lots of comments like, oh looks like 3 such and such for this one. Make that impossible and people will use cars that are usually on the sidelines. You can OWN several of the same car but can use only one in your hand.  
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Porsche maybe. There are too many porsches in game with every little variant seemingly being represented and the comparable models for the older cars not appearing at all.  Especially now that a Porsche has taken the title of best non-prize rally car and dominates almost everything off-road with it's far too low RQ. 

But Mercedes? There are hardly any events calling for mercedes, or suiting their cars typical character of poor low speed acceleration, good high speed acceleration and medium handling. My CLK 63, one of the better mercs, is the least used of my four RQ25 cars. The Boxster Spyder, 911 GT2 RS and Camaro Z/28 are have more races per day.  

You are right, I'm not entirely sure why I put Mercedes into the the mix because now when I think about it there haven't been many Mercedes events at all, so I'm guessing I might have just thrown it into the mix because of the Evo X finals. I retract my statement about Mercedes but stick with the Porsche bit
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    This is the main point I am trying to make, mostly about how other manufactures are grossly underrepresented while Porsche is always being used and other manufacturers get the spotlight once in a blue moon