General Discussion

Bad smurfers

Comments

• RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Member Posts: 27 ✭✭✭
    I love this thread.  Having only joined this forum recently, I've learned a few things.  First, I've been smurfing to make money for a long time, but didn't know it had a name!  

But to check that I'm doing this right and not messing up someone else let me share what I do and if you could tell me if I'm ruining it for others.  At the start of the daily event I always quit without choosing an opponent five straight times with my lowest F-cards.  After a couple of hours I repeat.  I like to get down around the 10-15 loss mark before I win anything.  After that I will typically win 4 hands with good cards, and then play my 5th ticket with a hand of easily beatable cards, but one that I can .  But a question here: In order for others to still see my bad hand do I need to actually play a match on that 5th ticket, or will my bad hand show up with another quit-win?   Being unsure, I typically play a match with some E-cards at that point so that I don't give anyone a win they don't want, but hopefully still leaving a hand that can be beat by others.  

I'm still picking up losses in between prize boards, so I'm assuming others are able to beat me and that it's my fifth ticket that matters, but after seeing a few posts in this thread it's left me wondering if I can be a better smurfer by choosing different hands in tickets 1-4?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can quit out on your 5th hand, without selecting an opponent, and your smurf hand will show for others.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    the smurf option i prefer and practice is using 5 weak hands, instead of the 4:1.  if your hand is too weak in the first race, quit, adjust, farm. this way i stay beatable on all tracksets instead of just one. works best in events with broad restrictions

edited February 16
    jiga said:
    RexKwonDo said:
    I love this thread.  Having only joined this forum recently, I've learned a few things.  First, I've been smurfing to make money for a long time, but didn't know it had a name!  

But to check that I'm doing this right and not messing up someone else let me share what I do and if you could tell me if I'm ruining it for others.  At the start of the daily event I always quit without choosing an opponent five straight times with my lowest F-cards.  After a couple of hours I repeat.  I like to get down around the 10-15 loss mark before I win anything.  After that I will typically win 4 hands with good cards, and then play my 5th ticket with a hand of easily beatable cards, but one that I can .  But a question here: In order for others to still see my bad hand do I need to actually play a match on that 5th ticket, or will my bad hand show up with another quit-win?   Being unsure, I typically play a match with some E-cards at that point so that I don't give anyone a win they don't want, but hopefully still leaving a hand that can be beat by others.  

I'm still picking up losses in between prize boards, so I'm assuming others are able to beat me and that it's my fifth ticket that matters, but after seeing a few posts in this thread it's left me wondering if I can be a better smurfer by choosing different hands in tickets 1-4?
    Win feeders obviously but also those who in dailies drop to the bottom of the table and build a very big minus score before swapping to a hand that is top 10 quality. 
    Instead of looking at the "bad" side of it, look at the fact that you were able to farm endlessly from that player for the entire time they were smurfing a negative score.  What you described is what I do.  Every daily, I use all of my tickets to quit the first day.  This usually puts me at the bottom of the board or close to it.  When I get up the next morning, I'm usually 300-400 points further in the hole than when I went to sleep.  I then put out my best hand and climb back up and out.  From my perspective, I gave them 15-16 hours of farming the weakest hand I could put together.  If you then complain that you aren't able to smurf for the entirety of the event, maybe you're a selfish smurfer?
  • ReaktorKalleReaktorKalle Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Someone had something like this? Just Played 2x 5 tickets and its showing 0-40 -230?
  • jigajiga Member Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    jiga said:
    RexKwonDo said:

Win feeders obviously but also those who in dailies drop to the bottom of the table and build a very big minus score before swapping to a hand that is top 10 quality. 
    Instead of looking at the "bad" side of it, look at the fact that you were able to farm endlessly from that player for the entire time they were smurfing a negative score.  What you described is what I do.  Every daily, I use all of my tickets to quit the first day.  This usually puts me at the bottom of the board or close to it.  When I get up the next morning, I'm usually 300-400 points further in the hole than when I went to sleep.  I then put out my best hand and climb back up and out.  From my perspective, I gave them 15-16 hours of farming the weakest hand I could put together.  If you then complain that you aren't able to smurf for the entirety of the event, maybe you're a selfish smurfer?
    OK apologies.  It is not fair to classify you on here as a bad smurfer and I do not mean to do that.  It is from my perspective when smurfing that i see players who operate that way as not helpful to what i am trying to do.  I don't farm from them as a rule.  I may occasionally take a win if no other options and i want to be further up table.  I want to avoid those players because i have been burnt by them too many times when a group of them make their way up and hammer the lowest placed smurf hand.  One or two such players don't cause much issue but three or four can snuff out a smurfer's day.

As far as i am concerned i am not feeding off them but they are feeding off players like me who continue to play smurf hands.  And if there were not players with smurf hands your journey up table would not be so rewarding.  So it seems to me in your interest that their smurfing activity is also rewarding enough for them.  Mutual interests of smurfers.   ;)  

Part of our difference here is likely due to our opposing time zones.  You have your main period of play after sleep at night i presume, while mine and others on AS is from the morning, with sleep coming at the end of that just before (or during) the end of the event.  This probably makes for a quite different perspective on how to farm the daily.  I want to be able to smurf all day and when i go to bed i am happy to leave a smurf hand for those whose day ends later than mine.  Thus when i wake up in the morning i am also at the bottom of the table and looking forward to opening another plastic pack.

so no i don't think i am a selfish smurfer.  a hungry or even slightly zealous smurfer maybe
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    What the hell is going on in my daily today?

Went to bed in last with about 18 losses.
    9 hours later i'm in the low 80s and this is going on:

Seriously? That has to be quite some ticket buying.
    Are people mad?

EDIT: Ok just read Server Error thread, faith in humanity restored
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭
    I had same thoughts and emotions when I woke up and saw people with 80 losses after night
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    jiga said:
    HeissRod said:
    jiga said:
    RexKwonDo said:

OK apologies.  It is not fair to classify you on here as a bad smurfer and I do not mean to do that.  It is from my perspective when smurfing that i see players who operate that way as not helpful to what i am trying to do.  I don't farm from them as a rule.  I may occasionally take a win if no other options and i want to be further up table.  I want to avoid those players because i have been burnt by them too many times when a group of them make their way up and hammer the lowest placed smurf hand.  One or two such players don't cause much issue but three or four can snuff out a smurfer's day.

As far as i am concerned i am not feeding off them but they are feeding off players like me who continue to play smurf hands.  And if there were not players with smurf hands your journey up table would not be so rewarding.  So it seems to me in your interest that their smurfing activity is also rewarding enough for them.  Mutual interests of smurfers.   ;)  

Part of our difference here is likely due to our opposing time zones.  You have your main period of play after sleep at night i presume, while mine and others on AS is from the morning, with sleep coming at the end of that just before (or during) the end of the event.  This probably makes for a quite different perspective on how to farm the daily.  I want to be able to smurf all day and when i go to bed i am happy to leave a smurf hand for those whose day ends later than mine.  Thus when i wake up in the morning i am also at the bottom of the table and looking forward to opening another plastic pack.

so no i don't think i am a selfish smurfer.  a hungry or even slightly zealous smurfer maybe

@jiga is the best smurfer ever! it is 24/7 Smurfing commitment!

I think I did mention before that I think people should be able to smurf any which way they like.

Ideally we all put hands out that earn us 3 stars, but not too strong to prevent others from doing the same. I distribute my wins among all the smurfers so that we're all around the same positions and can graduate our hands throughout the day. I have found recently I don't even need to go above rare tier at any point, but sometimes when short on time I just put out the best hand. 

• RexKwonDoRexKwonDo Member Posts: 27 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the good feedback everyone. It looks like I can adjust my strategy a little and still get the benefits that I am getting today while adding to the local smurfing group.  

Based on some of the comments about an Asian server, I'm assuming Hutch is using our location somehow to put us into servers with people close to our time zones?  I've never thought about where the people on my server are located. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16

Poor form Daniel snookes, poor form!
    RexKwonDo said:
    Thanks for the good feedback everyone. It looks like I can adjust my strategy a little and still get the benefits that I am getting today while adding to the local smurfing group.  

Based on some of the comments about an Asian server, I'm assuming Hutch is using our location somehow to put us into servers with people close to our time zones?  I've never thought about where the people on my server are located. 

we are all subject to geo-location in the TD game. Unless you use a VPN, you will be grouped with players first based on your region, Europe / North America / Asia. I have absolutely no idea about South America.

I believe that was a question, not a statement.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this is ridiculous. 6 wins from Phillip 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This smegging smegger right here.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    This smegging smegger right here.

Smeeeeeeg heeeeeeeeeead.

I just can't do it mr Lister sir
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a new way how to make it into here

• TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    the smurf option i prefer and practice is using 5 weak hands, instead of the 4:1.  if your hand is too weak in the first race, quit, adjust, farm. this way i stay beatable on all tracksets instead of just one. works best in events with broad restrictions

i gave you about 1000 losses over the last year :smile: don't know if you are helping me but you have been in almost all my brackets.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    TopDives said:

i gave you about 1000 losses over the last year :smile: don't know if you are helping me but you have been in almost all my brackets.
    yeeha, flowers on the way -:smile: . its always nice to see familiar names and give them beats, so do i. as we all now, smurfing works best in a group , not as a one man job.
    @AndreasSimmer you're right, this is the "best" way to smurf, but honestly sometimes I'm just too lazy 😞.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AndreasSimmer @TopDives
    are we smurfing together for over a year?
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG someone just released a “how to farm video” on YouTube encouraging players chose opponent before quitting 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    OMG someone just released a “how to farm video” on YouTube encouraging players chose opponent before quitting 
    Link us this video so we can flood the comments with the correct way to do it. 
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    43MK4 said:
    Link us this video so we can flood the comments with the correct way to do it. 
    https://youtu.be/TMgiSuDYWBI
    Seriously, we all need to comment here.