General Discussion

Any sneak peak to the new updates?

Comments

• bobdylanbobdylan Member Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was what they were working on but sadly told they have to include IOS users, so sorry Android guys maybe next time
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Not to mention that they also have to do the next Austin challenge this weekend. It's the last weekend of February. It just has to happen. I mean, how hard can it be?
    The next Austin challenge will run next week (Sunday 24th Feb - Friday 1st March, in UK timezone), the winner's challenge will then run right after.
    ...and the update? 
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Not to mention that they also have to do the next Austin challenge this weekend. It's the last weekend of February. It just has to happen. I mean, how hard can it be?
    The next Austin challenge will run next week (Sunday 24th Feb - Friday 1st March, in UK timezone), the winner's challenge will then run right after.
    Thank you for the update!
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is TD patch plan for 2019:
    Spring 2019 - 8.0
    Autumn 2019 - 9.0
    43MK4 said:
    Spring 2019 - 8.0
    Autumn 2019 - 9.0

Or should I lower my expectations?
    Antoun said:
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Spring 2019 - 8.0
    Autumn 2019 - 9.0

I would say Spring 2019 - 8.0
                        Autumn 2042 - 9.0
    Autumn 2042 - 9.0. New Moon tracks added!
    Crater Bowl
    Crater Climb
  • S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Antoun said:
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Spring 2019 - 8.0
    Autumn 2019 - 9.0

I would say Spring 2019 - 8.0
                        Autumn 2042 - 9.0
    Autumn 2042 - 9.0. New Moon tracks added!
    Crater Bowl
    Crater Climb
    10 years game. Will reach to 10.0 in 10 years, maybe
  • erjuitoerjuito Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    I just hope that the update is very good but I think it should lower my expectations
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think the new update name will be? 
  • NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well would be cool to at least announce on what devs team are working on , majority of games have weekly updates from the devs , even if it’s just a message to announce a future feature ... havent red all threads but as i know it’s been a while since any news beside the Austin challenge from our dear Hutch team (also seen that the ZL1 1LE(had to verify it IG ahah) should be boost , still true ? In next update ? ... dont want to enter the sarcastic game saying i should lower my expectations but it would increase game’s interest from the majority of us i believe ... 
    Top Nukem Forever
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Korean Plebeians
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    Well would be cool to at least announce on what devs team are working on , majority of games have weekly updates from the devs , even if it’s just a message to announce a future feature ... havent red all threads but as i know it’s been a while since any news beside the Austin challenge from our dear Hutch team (also seen that the ZL1 1LE(had to verify it IG ahah) should be boost , still true ? In next update ? ... dont want to enter the sarcastic game saying i should lower my expectations but it would increase game’s interest from the majority of us i believe ... 
    I have posted about some of ideas we are pursuing.

http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6382/a-new-kind-of-event
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6424/a-new-kind-of-event-part-2

I don't think the majority of games have weekly updates from developers. Personally, I don't have much to say on a weekly basis, because features take months to develop, so there just isn't much to say each week.

If you really want to know the day to day reality, you may find it kind of dull:

- Updated daily reward and set up a process to improve me doing that more in advance
    - Designed the next series of events and corresponding packs
    - Worked on the localisation pass
    - Discussed details with the TD Show team to sign off anything mentioned
    - Analysed our car release plan, so that each update has a good spread of cars, and ensured that things are in place to have all cars licensed by the time we want to use them
    - Checked in with EVO with their progress on cars, and discussed some new car options with community members
    - Reported to others in the studio our challenges/successes in events
    - Discussed marketing approach for 8.0 for the stores
    - Discussed a number of new features as a team, talking about the design and any challenges involved. The next step is breaking down the features to allow for us to accurately estimate the development time involved. Then it's assessing the potential of a feature versus alternate options. I also discussed some features separately with different disciplines, as each faces different challenges/opportunities, e.g. future of the home screen when we want to add additional features with limited room.

The team are still working on our 8.0 feature, with frequent team tests. Everyone is happy and making good progress!
    Yeah please give us more from this.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
     stream your everyday standups on youtube :smiley:

• NumarNumar Member Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    I have posted about some of ideas we are pursuing.

http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6382/a-new-kind-of-event
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/6424/a-new-kind-of-event-part-2

I don't think the majority of games have weekly updates from developers. Personally, I don't have much to say on a weekly basis, because features take months to develop, so there just isn't much to say each week.

If you really want to know the day to day reality, you may find it kind of dull:

- Updated daily reward and set up a process to improve me doing that more in advance
    - Designed the next series of events and corresponding packs
    - Worked on the localisation pass
    - Discussed details with the TD Show team to sign off anything mentioned
    - Analysed our car release plan, so that each update has a good spread of cars, and ensured that things are in place to have all cars licensed by the time we want to use them
    - Checked in with EVO with their progress on cars, and discussed some new car options with community members
    - Reported to others in the studio our challenges/successes in events
    - Discussed marketing approach for 8.0 for the stores
    - Discussed a number of new features as a team, talking about the design and any challenges involved. The next step is breaking down the features to allow for us to accurately estimate the development time involved. Then it's assessing the potential of a feature versus alternate options. I also discussed some features separately with different disciplines, as each faces different challenges/opportunities, e.g. future of the home screen when we want to add additional features with limited room.

The team are still working on our 8.0 feature, with frequent team tests. Everyone is happy and making good progress!
    Thank you , i’m prob the exception but i like this little infos post , game’s interest raised ^^ keep up the good work , i feel that this 8.0 will be great (Ferrari ? Aston ? Bentley ?)
     ok i admit game’s updates on weekly basis is kind of optimistic ^^
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    Imagine if the next update only has minimal changes.
    Imagine if the next update only has minimal changes.
    Well, we've seen a glimpse of the team battle mode so it can't be that.
    So in last TD episode we saw 3 new cars to be released in 8.0. All 3 are French.
    here is some more French cars from old TD version. They haven’t been released yet but we already know they were present in earlier version of the game, so maybe they will be released in 8.0 too?

• Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    So in last TD episode we saw 3 new cars to be released in 8.0. All 3 are French.
    here is some more French cars from old TD version. They haven’t been released yet but we already know they were present in earlier version of the game, so maybe they will be released in 8.0 too?

So you just spent how much time to look up a bunch of **** cars? The only interesting cars I saw were the Honda and the Mazda lol
    43MK4 said:

So you just spent how much time to look up a bunch of **** cars? The only interesting cars I saw were the Honda and the Mazda lol
    I already had them on my phone. Taken few months ago while watching TD episode. Otherwise I wouldnt bother.
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:

43MK4 said:

French update? sounds interesting.
    French cars suck in the game.
    I wonder if they can bring Peugeot
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick search of peugeot rally into google.