General Discussion

No prize car restrictions

grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
hello hutchians.  Is this restriction the new normal for tri-series finals?

It seems a little punitive to me, could you give us some more detail on your thinking here?

Also, please don't mate the same mistake with Dodge CFs and the hellcat as you have with Mazda CFs and the furai.

Answers

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is everyone seeing the restrictions, TD TV? 
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day we'll all find a use in prize cars...
    That day will be the day that prize cars are worth as much as 2 other fuse materials...
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭
    also they let us use prize cars in prelims so "new players" have small chances to get prize carbons and would need to buy ones for finals where they "have" chances without prize cars. 

It's to sad that I can only zip lock my wallet and there are times when I can't control myself, either way I would say that I'm 100% f2p now. 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    Totally agree, this one feels pretty sickening. If I’m being super-cynical, I’d also say that they realised no-one would spend any gold to win this car close to the update, BUT - they would spend gold on Dodge CF’s to get multiple hellcats. Tell me I’m wrong.
    If they really wanted people to spend, they'd make it Dodge finals with 20CFs to win a McLaren P1 GTR.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TD01055 said:
    Totally agree, this one feels pretty sickening. If I’m being super-cynical, I’d also say that they realised no-one would spend any gold to win this car close to the update, BUT - they would spend gold on Dodge CF’s to get multiple hellcats. Tell me I’m wrong.
    If they really wanted people to spend, they'd make it Dodge finals with 20CFs to win a McLaren P1 GTR.
    It wouldn’t matter what the requirements for the GTR would be, they sell the Cf’s Anyway. The dodge carbon fibres with a useless car is very calculated imho.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    O__VER said:
    TD01055 said:
    They will sell honda cfs for the p1 gtr
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    I do disagree with the price of packs and the too regular increases of those packs, but I can’t argue with a business trying to sell a product... that’s commerce 101
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:
    I do disagree with the price of packs and the too regular increases of those packs, but I can’t argue with a business trying to sell a product... that’s commerce 101
    Are they selling regular packs 24/7? Yes. But overflowing the game with brand specific carbons is a bit too much? 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    It’s been said before but the cycle of putting valuable resources (whether it’s fuse material, gold or your time) into winning these cars then for them to be only useful to win a ceramic once in a blue moon is getting old pretty fast. 
    Yeah, The FQ-400 can't possibly take you above Tier 3 in the current prelims, there are so many better Mitsubishis. 

But that happens once in a blue moon right? No wait, the best car that meets both requirements in the other event running right now is also a prize car.

And anyone want to bet that the prelims will include some 1/4 mile drags?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been said before but the cycle of putting valuable resources (whether it’s fuse material, gold or your time) into winning these cars then for them to be only useful to win a ceramic once in a blue moon is getting old pretty fast. 
    Yeah, The FQ-400 can't possibly take you above Tier 3 in the current prelims, there are so many better Mitsubishis. 

But that happens once in a blue moon right? No wait, the best car that meets both requirements in the other event running right now is also a prize car.

And anyone want to bet that the prelims will include some 1/4 mile drags?
    The best hands in the Mitsubishi event probably won’t even have the FQ-400 in them due to the RQ limit but yeh it’ll get you tier 2 and the CF to pull an ultra rare if you have other maxed Mitsubishi cars. 
    The Porsche in the other event is the first time it’s been useful in the 4 months since it’s been awarded and it’s for a ceramic as I said. 
    Neither of these events are prize car finals which is the main point of the discussion. 
    If you want to continue to try and be obtuse at least have a reasonable argument. 
    Again, just disagree without any reasonable argument as you have none. 🙄
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    I didn't have time to write an argument when I visited.

Games were you accumulate advantages are generally progressive in the economic sense. The better you do, the harder it is to do well. Otherwise everything ends up stratifying with the same players always taking the top rewards and nobody else having any interest in playing.

Top drives goes against this, with the prize cars being more powerful on average than similar cars. Is an FQ-400 less useful than an RS7 or a Cayenne Turbo less useful than an ML63 or F-pace? Although of course the reality is even more skewed, since the prize car winner can own the non-prize car as well.

Measures like stopping prize cars being used to win more prize cars and offering more packs for sale are there to ensure a wider number of people get a chance at the top prizes, not just those who have won them before. 

The trend will continue and I'm sure the developers are working on plans on how to keep the game competitive in the long run but in the mean time there's absolutely no chance they'll accelerate it by making prize cars stronger.

Asking bigger paybacks from prize cars is the unreasonable argument here. 

I didn't have time to write an argument when I visited.

Games were you accumulate advantages are generally progressive in the economic sense. The better you do, the harder it is to do well. Otherwise everything ends up stratifying with the same players always taking the top rewards and nobody else having any interest in playing.

Top drives goes against this, with the prize cars being more powerful on average than similar cars. Is an FQ-400 less useful than an RS7 or a Cayenne Turbo less useful than an ML63 or F-pace? Although of course the reality is even more skewed, since the prize car winner can own the non-prize car as well.

Measures like stopping prize cars being used to win more prize cars and offering more packs for sale are there to ensure a wider number of people get a chance at the top prizes, not just those who have won them before. 

The trend will continue and I'm sure the developers are working on plans on how to keep the game competitive in the long run but in the mean time there's absolutely no chance they'll accelerate it by making prize cars stronger.

Asking bigger paybacks from prize cars is the unreasonable argument here. 

Like I said, no viable argument. 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think everybody’s right, except me. So let’s just forget I said anything 👍