General Discussion

Guess the name of PL 8.0

Comments

• SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    P this is taking forever and I'm getting very impatient 0
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    When the update comes it will definitely have flying cars...
  • Phil_SmithPhil_Smith Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Maserati Mayhem...

ive given up hoping for Lambo or Ferrari!
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    B8(.0) & Switch

Plot twist, we're actually just getting two new KTMs (with no tags) and the Smart car line-up is expanding.
    YES!!

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone understood my "expanding" hint drop
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hand for Dodge final made me think of this title for coming patch:

Les Misérables
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on today’s news, PL8 will be called “The Neverending Story”. 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have French cars and US cars...

Surely it has to be called The French Connection now?
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe no name or tag for PL 8.0
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah Robin definitely confirmed there will be a tag. Something to make it so all the cars from different countries and manufacturers can still race against each other in events.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe no name or tag for PL 8.0
    You’re spinning me out! What are you? A revolutionary?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 815 admin
    New American cars will be added to the American Dream collection. New French cars form their own collection.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    That probably means cars Will be added to Renault, Citroën, DS and maybe Bugatti (i forgot any?) to fill the holes (mainly SR) to make sure the French tag garage is atleast decently complete to make for good events
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin any chance of us seeing Nissan GT-50 in this or subsequent PLs?
    New American cars will be added to the American Dream collection. New French cars form their own collection.
    Omg American nightmare will continue for me. Really hoped I could close this chapter and invest in something new.
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Omg American nightmare will continue for me. Really hoped I could close this chapter and invest in something new.
    Those new AD cars will be a nightmare to get a hold of. @Hutch_Robin, any plans for a “PL8 Pack” containing French and AD cars?
    edited March 4
    Doesn't that go against the idea that new updates get their own tag? I don't really understand the idea behind the American dream tag now.

I mean, it's great that I won't have to invest in American cars to build my new tag garage but I'm still kind of lost
    No. This update, PL8, is the French update with a French collection, French alps, French title screen. But also, in addition, we're adding player suggested models based on the PL7 release.

Additionally, all these reasons:
    - Some American Dream cars weren't ready for PL7, but are now ready
    - Some additions are, or could be in future, very small, so they don't support their own collections
    - Some of the models in PL8 fill in some gaps in American Dream
    - If we build new campaign areas in the future, they will likely be built around new collections, so having a good sized collection is beneficial to make that as interesting as possible.

That said, I'm not against cross country collections in future. We want more opportunities to play KTM, we want Spyker to be useful if introduced.

The American Dream collection was a way to increase hand diversity, make it easier to acquire the new models, and to allow all cars to be used in some events (Solving the Rover problem).

TD01055 said:
    Those new AD cars will be a nightmare to get a hold of. @Hutch_Robin, any plans for a “PL8 Pack” containing French and AD cars?
    No. PL8 is the French update, all of our pack art supports that. These are like bonus cars being added to PL7. It's not a bad idea for packs like this though.
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be pretty tough to keep up. Focusing on the new french tag, while also trying not to fall behind in the american dream
    So we going to get 32 new cars that will be AD tagged.
    will all other new cars be French?
    im not sure but has Hutch earlier indicated total amount of new cars in this update?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    Doesn't that go against the idea that new updates get their own tag? I don't really understand the idea behind the American dream tag now.

I mean, it's great that I won't have to invest in American cars to build my new tag garage but I'm still kind of lost
    No. This update, PL8, is the French update with a French collection, French alps, French title screen. But also, in addition, we're adding player suggested models based on the PL7 release.

Additionally, all these reasons:
    - Some additions are, or could be in future, very small, so they don't support their own collections
    - If we build new campaign areas in the future, they will likely be built around new collections, so having a good sized collection is beneficial to make that as interesting as possible.

That said, I'm not against cross country collections in future. We want more opportunities to play KTM, we want Spyker to be useful if introduced.

The American Dream collection was a way to increase hand diversity, make it easier to acquire the new models, and to allow all cars to be used in some events (Solving the Rover problem).

TD01055 said:
    No. PL8 is the French update, all of our pack art supports that. These are like bonus cars being added to PL7. It's not a bad idea for packs like this though.
    I smell 10x PL8 CF on sale for 1699 gold.
    come on, I'm just about to hit 16000 gold which was meant specifically for [email protected] I'll need some slots too.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin Can you tell us how many new cars are being added?

I mean 32 cars are being added to American Dream set, does that mean there aren't actually that many being added to the new tag?

• OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

I mean 32 cars are being added to American Dream set, does that mean there aren't actually that many being added to the new tag?

43MK4 said:
    im not sure but has Hutch earlier indicated total amount of new cars in this update?
    32 is the number of Peugeots, if I'm not mistaken. Also confirmed that we'll have new AD cars (there also was a video showing some/all of those), and we've seen a few Citroens and Renaults in the last TD show. Am I missing something?
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:

43MK4 said:
    32 is the number of Peugeots, if I'm not mistaken. Also confirmed that we'll have new AD cars (there also was a video showing some/all of those), and we've seen a few Citroens and Renaults in the last TD show. Am I missing something?
    32 is the number of American cars in blossoms YouTube video.
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Ozzman said:
    RobGripes said:

43MK4 said:
    32 is the number of American cars in blossoms YouTube video.
    Well so is the number of Peugeots confirmed by Hutch in the "New 8.0 Cars" thread here. So we both may be right. :)
    edited March 4
    RobGripes said:
    Admittedly, I kinda skim-read the thread during a quick work break.

The reason I am asking really, is because I think it is a mistake to play catch-up with adding cars to previous update tags. I can get onboard with PL8.0 adding those american cars to the AD tag (which btw has cars that aren't american), but PL 9.0 shouldn't have more cars added to the PL8.0 tag whatever the name becomes.

If we're playing-catch up in each update by adding cars to previous tags at a later date, it diminishes the excitement of the update's own individual tag.

I thought when I bought those American Dream packs, I had the chances of pulling any / all of the AD cars, now I find out I absolutely must buy more packs if I want those other cars. Some people may have pulled 3 challenger hellcats, and now 'risk' pulling more in order to get the Charger Hellcat.
    If the new American cars were not American Dream cars, they'd just be United States cars, and that's it, making it even more difficult to earn them from packs and excluded from all the new US car events. I understand your point, but whenever we add cars, you stand the chance of getting older cars from packs (manufacturer packs, country packs). Collections have reduced this.

I'll repeat my above reasons because they are key:

We unfortunately don't have Ligier in PL8, but if we get them in the near future, they'd likely join the French tag. If we can fulfil player requests of missing Peugeots, we want to add them with this group. If we want a new French campaign, we ideally want to have lots of models to support this.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i repeat.. i don't like the tag American Dream and the new one for French cars... a lot of cars now are useless... because the 90% of events required AD TAG!!!