General Discussion

Austin Challenge Series - February

Comments

• HvalenHvalen Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Thank you guys! It seems that I lack either the Stradale or the RS200. Just spent 3200g on two 80s CF packs. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done that. I am out of tickets atm, do you think that I can do it with RQ21 Silvia 969, RQ16 IROC-Z 333, RQ21 Silvia 969, RQ3 Seville 969, Porsche 959 333, in that order? or will the Seville loss be too much? Porsche wins by around 175 points on the drag, does anyone remember how much the Corvette ZR1 wins by?

Edit: Fiesta -> Seville 'cause I'm an idiot who can't math without available tickets
    Edit 2: it did it! 371-118. Might've put a fuse in my 959 if it didn't.... stupid, unattractive-attractive Austins..
    Post edited by Hvalen on
  • bullet_splatterbullet_splatter Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭
    All the cool kids are doing it...

• LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    I can't win step 18!!
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used this for 16-20, 85RQ, so still 3 left.

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit my 1st roadblock at round 24. Missing out by 3 points, damn that stradale.
  • ritter_seboritter_sebo Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    What's your hand?
    which 80s cars you have?
    Round 24 was really easy I thought...
  • kolov7kolov7 Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I can't win step 18!!
    Show me your hand?
  • nel1978nel1978 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Round 25, farming hand in order

What's your hand?
    which 80s cars you have?
    Round 24 was really easy I thought...
    Oh, I'm certain I'll beat it. I'll clear the last 4 cards on the prize board 1st and then most likely just switch cars 1 & 2 for the round win.

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    round 20-24 in different order

• ZotZeZotZe Member Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭
    Was much easier then the last challenges... the last challenging challenge was the 3rd or 4th after they got implemented ... but there all cried it is to hard, so they changed it and now i think 90% or more Finish them easily...boring and not close to a challenge. 

The only challenge is not to forget to finish it...
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    how many Austin prize cars have been up for grabs so far...apart from this weeks Allegro..??
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    This one is the 3rd Austin
    oh well, not played for 3 months so looks like the challenge this weekend will stop at round 2 for me.. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28

even worse now then, at best I can only get 4 austins so can't even go for the moby in august......wonder if admin will put on and extra chance or 2 in the weekly challenge to get an Austin that has already been played for ....especially for anyone who didn't take part in the Oct/Dec rounds..(chance to make some money by admin by making them gold entry fee to take part....LOL!!!!!!!)
  • didabigdidabig Member Posts: 37
    I'm actually confused, will the moby dick be awarded as a challenge as well or it will be multiplayer? Will we only be able to use 5 austin's? Won't be much variety.... for a multiplayer "thing"
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didabig said:
    I'm actually confused, will the moby dick be awarded as a challenge as well or it will be multiplayer? Will we only be able to use 5 austin's? Won't be much variety.... for a multiplayer "thing"
    They’ve said before that it won’t be PvP, so I guess it will be part of the challenge, requiring 5x Austin for the final level
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I think 5x Austin's would be needed to pass first 5 rounds and then there would be some extreme requirements. So I guess not all Austin owners would be able to win Moby dick
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭

Moby dick is a prize for final weekend challenge
  • ShadowFTLShadowFTL Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    TimBut said:
    yeah, I think 5x Austin's would be needed to pass first 5 rounds and then there would be some extreme requirements. So I guess not all Austin owners would be able to win Moby dick
    It would be stupid... spend 1 year and callecting this trash just to hit the pay wall at the end
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think the final challenge would be like the current weekend challenges, the more Austins you have the more you progress. I don't think they'd let everyone without 5x Austins not have a chance at winning something. Also I don't see why they would make the final rounds to get the Porsche hard, I say if you're able to win 5 Austins the Porsche should be handed to you but who knows. Personally I think they should make the last round to get the Porsche 5x ice and all the opponents cars are the Moby dick. Watch your Austins destroy those slick tires. 
    I hope it isn't a case of needing particular Austin's tuned in a particular way to win it. Imagine having all 6 Austin's but not being able to complete the challenge. That would be instant uninstall territory for me.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says the final will have a 5x Austin requirement, then says "if you can beat it", you will win the Moby Dick.

I take this to mean that the final challenge will have multiple rounds, like the forthcoming Carbon Fiber challenge this weekend.  For example, round 5 would have a 5x Austin requirement to enter and round 6 would award the Moby at the end, but not have a 5x Austin requirement.
  • RawelRawel Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    It says the final will have a 5x Austin requirement, then says "if you can beat it", you will win the Moby Dick.

I take this to mean that the final challenge will have multiple rounds, like the forthcoming Carbon Fiber challenge this weekend.  For example, round 5 would have a 5x Austin requirement to enter and round 6 would award the Moby at the end, but not have a 5x Austin requirement.
    it says the final winner's challenge ends with a 5x austin
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    HeissRod said:

it says the final winner's challenge ends with a 5x austin
    I understand that as the beginning of the end not the end of the end. lol