News & Announcements

Rarity changes and corrections in PL8 (March 2019)

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    RQ20 B 1954 Jaguar D-Type0-60 corrected from 3.7 to 4.7s.

Wait, what? 1 of the weakest MRA cars I can think of is adding 1 second to its 0-60 and it's still a B? There must be some kind of MRA adjustment too?

I just built one for the Jag event, too. :\
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakar lost 30mph from its top speed and it's still a legend?
  • benhaha85benhaha85 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Blue2moro said:

Wait, what? 1 of the weakest MRA cars I can think of is adding 1 second to its 0-60 and it's still a B? There must be some kind of MRA adjustment too?

Yeah, same here. It's only saving grace was the stupendously low 0-60. It's not got the MRA to pull the skin off a rice pudding, so unless it's getting an MRA boost I'll be feeding it to something pretty soon.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 581 admin
    TimBut said:
    And we were waiting for this...

Why would you downgrade Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV?!!?  It is one of the key cars in 90s events and I just recently upgraded it... 

And no fix to Demon
    Yup, expecting the Demon to be fixed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    The Demon fix as I recall isn't a correction but a physics change, to somehow account for traction differently such that the very fast RWD cars do hit their 0-60 time. We're not making any physics changes without devoting significant time to testing the ramifications. 

RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim was it not manual to keep the 959 dakar at RQ27 despite the drastically reduced top speed though? 
    It's true that we maintain some manual control at the Epic/Legendary boundary to avoid disruption. In this case no adjustment was necessary. I assume this is because the Dakar's primary stat is off-road, and a lower top-speed doesn't actually make much difference to its ranking in that area.

RobGripes said:

Also, Nerfing 4wd + perf cars then quattro moving to super rare seems extremely bizarre
    Yes, that was the first one that I wondered about. Points to bear in mind though:
    - The traction changes for 4WD perf cars are more significant for rougher terrain. Rain is where they changed the least.
    - As mentioned, new Slick cars mean the ranking of cars where their primary stat is rain (such as the quattro) goes up, as there are more cars they can beat
    - More new 'rain-primary' cars being added to the RQ process below a car than above it will also move it up

Not sure why the handling of the Capo Camaro was reduced? Should be improved on slicks?
    This was also part of the player-suggested corrections... I see others have now followed that up in this thread!

Blue2moro said:

No other adjustment, this is just how it came out in the RQ rebalance. To be fair the MRA was so bad it was barely beating cars on the 1/4m with a 0.5s slower 0-60 time, so I'm not too surprised that this adjustment doesn't change its ranking radically.

@Hutch_Tim

How did we go from the list for review below in December to the very short actual list of corrections?
    As per the process, each correction was assigned a priority score, and the highest priority ones were reviewed first - that's why you see so many prize cars in these corrections. Some suggested corrections were also rejected, I'll see if I can add notes on these in the upcoming Google Doc based correction list. I was hoping we could address more corrections too though.
    benhaha85 said:
    HeissRod said:
    Blue2moro said:

Yeah, same here. It's only saving grace was the stupendously low 0-60. It's not got the MRA to pull the skin off a rice pudding, so unless it's getting an MRA boost I'll be feeding it to something pretty soon.
    Yeah.  I only used it for short handling tracks.  Guess that won't even be useful now.
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:
    @Hutch_Tim was it not manual to keep the 959 dakar at RQ27 despite the drastically reduced top speed though? 
    It's true that we maintain some manual control at the Epic/Legendary boundary to avoid disruption. In this case no adjustment was necessary. I assume this is because the Dakar's primary stat is off-road, and a lower top-speed doesn't actually make much difference to its ranking in that area.
    Can you make sure that the MRA is not hurt?
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what about that Viper? Is it the RQ27 SRT Viper? Or is the RQ27 Viper ACR even faster now?
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:
    I'll second this, and add that because of the lowish top speed make sure there is no strange behavior as it nears that top speed
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 581 admin
    edited March 14
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    RobGripes said:
    Yep, I specifically checked that - having a Dakar myself I also took a personal interest! The MRA should be very similar (not identical, just because how our curves are generated from certain key points), and it will hit its top speed significantly faster than it hit the old top speed.

mikes said:
    So, what about that Viper? Is it the RQ27 SRT Viper? Or is the RQ27 Viper ACR even faster now?
    2013 RQ27 Dodge SRT Viper - correction is logged ("Should have better MRA?") but has not been reviewed for this update.
    2016 RQ27 Dodge Viper ACR - MRA improved as noted above.

Reviewing the priority scores, I see the Viper ACR scored just slightly higher than the SRT, I think because more people questioned it more definitively. That "Should have better MRA?" is a quote from a post somewhere, complete with question mark (!), and the linked source was FastestLaps.com, the reliability of which has been questioned. Looks like the SRT just missed out on being reviewed in this pass.

(Edited: got ACR and SRT mixed up just when I was trying to clarify it, argh!)
  • SubaruLover04SubaruLover04 Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, what will be the new 0-60 time on the 720s @Hutch_Tim? Glad all the work payed off. 
    Hutch_Tim said:
    mikes said:
    2013 RQ27 Dodge SRT Viper - correction is logged ("Should have better MRA?") but has not been reviewed for this update.

Reviewing the priority scores, I see the SRT Viper scored just slightly higher than the ACR, I think because more people questioned it more definitively. That "Should have better MRA?" is a quote from a post somewhere, complete with question mark (!), and the linked source was FastestLaps.com, the reliability of which has been questioned. Looks like the ACR just missed out on being reviewed in this pass.
    You mean the SRT just missed out on being reviewed?
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    mikes said:

Reviewing the priority scores, I see the SRT Viper scored just slightly higher than the ACR, I think because more people questioned it more definitively. That "Should have better MRA?" is a quote from a post somewhere, complete with question mark (!), and the linked source was FastestLaps.com, the reliability of which has been questioned. Looks like the ACR just missed out on being reviewed in this pass.
    Lol I personally thought the ACR was fine and the normal viper needed the buff. I don't know what happened there
    HeissRod said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    mikes said:

Lol I personally thought the ACR was fine and the normal viper needed the buff. I don't know what happened there
    I mean...I have a maxed ACR and I'm not complaining.  I [email protected] is disappointed, though.
    Hutch_Tim said:

mikes said:

Reviewing the priority scores, I see the Viper ACR scored just slightly higher than the SRT, I think because more people questioned it more definitively. That "Should have better MRA?" is a quote from a post somewhere, complete with question mark (!), and the linked source was FastestLaps.com, the reliability of which has been questioned. Looks like the SRT just missed out on being reviewed in this pass.

Ok, understand. Here's better links for you for the future updates.

LOL....thanks for the clarification, Tim.  It happens to the best of us.

On a side note, do you have an Excel of all the cars that are changing RQ level?  This would show cars that are staying within the same RQ rarity, but changing within that rarity (i.e. RQ20 > RQ19).  I think this has been provided in the past?
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭
    Just let's not repeat what happened to the Zonda 760RS with its "buff" 
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I like it. Short and won't dilute packs. Great job guys!
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

mikes said:

And my post on February 10th in the Correction thread

RQ 27 Dodge Viper SRT needs a buff to MRA

Standing ¼-mile: 11.5 sec @ 130 mph
    Zero to 150 mph: 16.6 sec
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15105527/2015-dodge-viper-gtc-test-review/

mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:

mikes said:

And NinjaDesignz follow-up to my post

RQ 27 Dodge Viper SRT needs a buff to MRA

Standing ¼-mile: 11.5 sec @ 130 mph
    Zero to 150 mph: 16.6 sec
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15105527/2015-dodge-viper-gtc-test-review/

The viper tested by Car and Driver is different than the viper in the game but I looked at the motortrend review of the 2013 SRT Viper and it runs a 11.5 sec 1/4 mile with a trap speed of 128.7. I can only assume that it has a 0-150 of around the same time. 
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/2013-srt-viper-first-test/
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Lancer automatically went to Ultra rare, why Nissan gtr r34 stays in Epic?  Because of better top speed? I don't get
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    That does seem like a very short list of corrections considering the time it has taken. Researching and reviewing corrections shouldn't take this long, since it doesn't require a complete game overhaul. Especially when it comes to publicly available data. It's not like Hutch is actually testing the cars in real life. 
  • ElbowWobbleElbowWobble Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I think when considering future RQ changes @Hutch_Tim the weighting given needs changing.  I would bet the reason the Evo IV is being downgraded for example is because it was tested on Test Bowls, long drag races and so on as well as the tracks it shines.  Whereas the reality is the car is never used on these tracks unless we are drunk top driving.  Personally I would only test the cars on the surface they were designed for and (include wet for 4wd perf) and also the circuits (a little harder to determine I acknowledge but I bet data would show you what the top five tracks used are for each car).  I think this may give you a different picture.
    .... unless we are drunk top driving. 
     :D  :D :D
    Personally I would only test the cars on the surface they were designed for and (include wet for 4wd perf) and also the circuits (a little harder to determine I acknowledge but I bet data would show you what the top five tracks used are for each car).  I think this may give you a different picture.
    This has been mentioned before.  If they only tested cars on the tracks where they excel, then you would get cars like the El Camino at a higher RQ level, making it useless.
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never drink and top drive people 
    Blue2moro said:
    Never drink and top drive people 

• grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when considering future RQ changes @Hutch_Tim the weighting given needs changing.  I would bet the reason the Evo IV is being downgraded for example is because it was tested on Test Bowls, long drag races and so on as well as the tracks it shines.  Whereas the reality is the car is never used on these tracks unless we are drunk top driving.  Personally I would only test the cars on the surface they were designed for and (include wet for 4wd perf) and also the circuits (a little harder to determine I acknowledge but I bet data would show you what the top five tracks used are for each car).  I think this may give you a different picture.
    This is an interesting suggestion.  It will have problems dealing with popular smurf cars I imagine.  I'm not sure how you could filer that data out.
  • rei348rei348 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    What would you do with a maxed Outlander?
    - Sell it for 58'494
    - Fuse it into an epic
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i keep my outlander...
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    I am gonna keep it, upgraded before it moved to UR anyway. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim
    pls let us know about your plans for the Demon. 
    pls share your source for the Dakar .