General Discussion

Increasing RQ Limit

GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
I have been meaning to make a post for a while on the subject of raising RQ levels, but was waiting to see if PL 8 would be doing something about it. I would like to discuss the RQ levels of vehicles, specifically and more targeted towards Legendary vehicles.

To start off and to get straight to the point, a lot of the cars at RQ 30 are too powerful being at what their RQ level is. The main vehicles I am referring to are the Bugattis, Pikes Peak, Porsche 918 spyder, McLaren P1, etc. I say this because they have much more versatility compared to other cars at RQ 30 but also cars at 29RQ. How do we solve this problem? By raising the RQ levels. 

I don't know if PL 8 is going to increase the RQ or if they already stated that they will increase the level, but the new maximum RQ limit, in my opinion, should be set at 175, with the higher end cars that I stated before, like the Bugatti Chiron, Pikes Peak, McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, etc., being set at RQ35. Being that they are at a whole other weight class compared to cars not only at the same level, but they also provide too much value at 30 RQ.

There are a tremendous amount of Legendaries that truly deserve being considered Legendary, but performance between cars that have the honor of having the "Legendary" title are very far between. A good example of this being the RQ29 Porsche 911 Turbo and the RQ30 Bugatti Chiron. They both are AWD and have low ground clearance. The Porsche having a top speed of 193, 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds, and 88 handling. The Bugatti on the other hand has a top speed of 261 mph, 0-60 time of 2.4 seconds, and 91 handling. A very immense difference for a 1 RQ change. This is not including the insane MRA of the Bugatti Chiron as well. Albeit this is more of an extreme example, but an example that exists in the game, with similar gaps in performance with various other legendaries as well. 

The benefit of this would not only be increasing the range of the RQ level and having a more accurate representation of where cars should be at, but it would also provide the other RQ levels of 31, 32, 33, 34, and 35, so that other cars may fill in the void. We players and the Top Drives community together will have an even more precise RQ placement of future cars. 

The problem this brings would be that the current range of Legendary vehicles will now be from 27RQ - 35RQ. This is a wide range, especially for vehicles of a very high caliber, so to counteract this, the new Legendary range can be from 30RQ - 35RQ.

Because of this change, changes in vehicle rarities across all levels will go down tremendously with future updates, while allowing slight adjustments to RQ changes while not having to change the cars rarity, which is a plus in of itself. As several updates have come and gone, there have been several rarity changes as well as RQ level changes. The same amount of RQ level changes can shift, not having much of a large impact to the cars usage thanks to a wider RQ spectrum, but the rarity changes will be less common, saving players and Hutch support from headaches of having to deal with a large change to the cars identity.

There are many more pros of course, but those are the main ones for the moment. Thoughts? 

Comments

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post and I think it’s an issue that definitely needs addressing. Your Chiron vs 911 Turbo example is spot on. 

For me though the most pressing issue is that the Chiron costs exactly the same to upgrade as a 911 RS 4.0, or any RQ27, which makes most of them, Dakar excepted, not worth upgrading. 

If you could max a 911 Turbo more easily than a Chiron, the game would be blown wide open. 
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same yesterday when my 911 Turbo S at RQ30 got spanked by an RQ29 McLaren despite better stats across the board.

OK that is down to the poor MRA but it does highlight the fact that at RQ30 it should be one of the best cars in the game but there are so many cars better than it. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy to have it, it was the last S I pulled and I was mega stoked at the time (over 6 months ago... sigh).

I guess it is RQ30 because of 4WD. Out of interest, does 4WD Perf have less of an advantage over 2WD Perf on Wet Asphalt these days?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    BoxtaS said:
    For me though the most pressing issue is that the Chiron costs exactly the same to upgrade as a 911 RS 4.0, or any RQ27, which makes most of them, Dakar excepted, not worth upgrading.
    This makes me think the solution shouldn't be increasing the reach of the Legendary class to RQ35, but rather creating a class above Legendary. Mythic, if you will.

This could be for cars in RQs 31-34 and essentially be tacked onto the existing RQ structure. Mythic cars would be a small group of cars that are just as likely to drop as Legendaries, but come with higher RQ and upgrade penalties to offset their performance.
  • prexprex Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Having 2 Chirons myself, I often wondered how this car can be assessed as beeing the same RQ level as cars which it outperforms by a wide margin. Is it performing that bad on other tracks to be on average the same as other RQ30s or is it manually fixed?

I agree, that extending the range could mitigate this difference and—as a byproduct—would increase the number of events which permit using a Chiron at the same time. Having a Chiron and not being allowed to use it is tremendously frustrating.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrizztSalvatore that’s a really, really good point. 

So, Matchington Mansion? I wonder if there’s a forum...
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t need another tier just because the roof RQ is raised, just change the tiers. 30-35 Legendaries, 24-29 Epic, 19-23 UR 🤷‍♂️

Give the low end of legendaries some way of getting 2-3 upgrades cheaper then the high end legendaries
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    you could alter the scale of fuse material, 30-31 needs only 1 epic, 32-33 needs 2 epics and 34-35 needs the current 3 epics, that way top cars still cost the same as now to upgrade but lesser legendaries are easier to upgrade, this way it would not stop newer/f2p players being able to progress if they get a top car

• prexprex Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Don’t need another tier just because the roof RQ is raised, just change the tiers. 30-35 Legendaries, 24-29 Epic, 19-23 UR 🤷‍♂️

Give the low end of legendaries some way of getting 2-3 upgrades cheaper then the high end legendaries
    That’s the contrary of what @DrizztSalvatore said. Long-term top players would see this as nerfing their expensively upgraded legendaries (RQ 27-29). Justifiably.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    All these ideas are really great and are things I have never thought about that can contribute to a fair and balanced RQ change.

It is finally time for the RQ to be adjusted. I would hope that it would be adjusted well enough so that it can be considered future-proof where we wouldn't have to have another RQ change so soon.

With Top Drives now having the world record of licensed vehicles in a video game, 30 RQ levels is not enough to satisfy the plethora of vehicles in a game that will indubitably continue to grow and add even more cars to the game.

Hyper cars, like the recently announced Koenigsegg Jesko, will need much more room to spread its wings to give it the RQ level it really deserves.

Brace yourselves, hyper cars are coming
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭
    This should have been thought out by the Hutch team at least 6 months before this post. Many have already shared this oppinion in various topics, but they ran into brick wall. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    GT47LM said:

Hyper cars, like the recently announced Koenigsegg Jesko, will need much more room to spread its wings to give it the RQ level it really deserves.

I must have been in a coma, when did they announce Koenigsegg joining the lineup?
    Ultimate said:
    GT47LM said:

I must have been in a coma, when did they announce Koenigsegg joining the lineup?
    Whoops, sorry if I made it sound like it's coming to the game! I just meant that since Hutch is constantly adding more cars, I'm sure koenigsegg will be down the line
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭
    Koenigsegg... here take my wallet
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    GT47LM said:
     30 RQ levels is not enough to satisfy the plethora of vehicles in a game that will indubitably continue to grow and add even more cars to the game.

28 RQ levels, not 30. 1 and 2 are not used making it a similar story at the bottom end with some RQ3 cars being far worse than other RQ3 cars. Perhaps we need to move to a range of 1-50 instead and just rebalance everything.
  • TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    GT47LM said:
     30 RQ levels is not enough to satisfy the plethora of vehicles in a game that will indubitably continue to grow and add even more cars to the game.

28 RQ levels, not 30. 1 and 2 are not used making it a similar story at the bottom end with some RQ3 cars being far worse than other RQ3 cars. Perhaps we need to move to a range of 1-50 instead and just rebalance everything.
    At first RQ 175 would be fine to me...
    Later on we can still have 200,225 and 250
    Well have like 10x CF for 17K at RQ 250🤔
  • MoogMoog Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    Moog said:
    GT47LM said:

Ah, you’re talking player rq level? I was talking car rq levels.
    An increase to the player rq level would see anyone who farms very quickly hit the cap again 
    Moog said:
    Twinkie said:
    Moog said:
    GT47LM said:

Ah, you’re talking player rq level? I was talking car rq levels.
    An increase to the player rq level would see anyone who farms very quickly hit the cap again 
    so u want to higher car rq level but keep player rq levels steady? That would mean u couldnt use all cars?!
    An increase of player rq level would also cause an increase in car rq level
    Yes, increasing player RQ level would indeed increase the maximum RQ level you can use with cars. That's how early progression works when players start the game, so if they are RQ level 58, then they can only use a total of 58RQ with their cars until they level up. I know, it's been a long time since we leveled up lol
    I say increase it to 175 since it'll allow a maximum of 35RQ per car, which would really help fix the problem of the cars that are much too overpowered for their levels to settle down in a RQ level that better fits their performance, while leaving the middle and lower end cars almost unchanged since it's only a top-end problem. It would be +25 RQ, which should be a sufficient amount for the time being seeing that it would take us a while to level up a total of 25 levels. It is not a big jump but enough where it would fix balancing issues.