General Discussion

IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it’s either a 2 day final or it finishes on Monday night?

No chance for the ZR1 anyway but Monday is a disaster for me 😵🔫
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    TimBut said:
    Where is the hype? 
    IN MY IMAGINATION!!

(Lower your expectations)
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    HeissRod said:
    TimBut said:
    Where is the hype? 
    IN MY IMAGINATION!!

(Lower your expectations)
    For the love of all that is holy in this world, keep the hype in your imagination!

Wait a minute...your Spreadsheets fit in your pants?
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    So it starts tonight

Nope. 

It starts at 5am...  :'(
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Antoun said:
    So it starts tonight

Nope. 

4pm this afternoon
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird on my screen I have this for start time...

• TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Antoun said:
    So it starts tonight

Nope. 

It's everyday bro
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

22:00 hrs UK.......

• TimButTimBut Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you should use matchmaking rq and trophies both in qualifiers. More people would be able to join final event, but event would be the same as usual final events for them, so nothing to complain. 

Guess it's to frustrating to pass first round and then get thrown to sharks and get smashed.  It's like you gave hope. to some small local town football team win in their league and then you drop them to Champions league against Barcelona. 

• TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    @Hutch_Robin any chance of seeing some data on progression through this event? It'd be fascinating to see how many people (or what proportion of the active player base) got 3 of the smarts / rovers?  I'd love to know what portion got only one or two as well.
    I'm not sure how much detail we should share on this, but I'll give a rough high-level view:

- If the maximum possible number of people qualified (i.e. everyone won either 0 or exactly-as-many-prize-cars-as-needed in each round), with T1 in the Final being top 20 instead of Top 8 out of 500 it would have been an easier-than-usual Final competition. Of course we expected some drop-off so it would turn out to be a bit more competitive than usual - hence the 'Carbons for everyone that qualifies' Final prizes.
    - Of the people who won at least 1 Smart, a lot of them (over 1/3) got 4 or more!
    - Of the people who won at least 1 Rover, a lot of them (over 1/2) only got 1...

The combined result is that only a small proportion of the player base makes it to the final, so we're looking into altering the size of the prize tiers from that original plan.

Overall it seems to have gone down quite well as a format (albeit a bit of an odd way to use lower rarity prize cars), but in my opinion this latter stage proved a bit too brutal, and if we were to do this again should probably work differently.
    What about allowing people who have one or two rovers into the finals?
  • pSikpSik Member Posts: 46 ✭✭

The combined result is that only a small proportion of the player base makes it to the final, so we're looking into altering the size of the prize tiers from that original plan.
    I would highly suggest to not modify the structure that people spent money on to qualify for because it's not what you expected, but advertised as.

Seems like something to take back to the drawing board and improve for the next attempt.

I'll hoping I'm just misreading the communication.

Just my $ 0.02 @Hutch_Tim
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Overall it seems to have gone down quite well as a format (albeit a bit of an odd way to use lower rarity prize cars), but in my opinion this latter stage proved a bit too brutal, and if we were to do this again should probably work differently.
    Just for clarification, are you thinking of expanding the tiers to get more people the better prizes? Or shrinking the size of the tiers since less people will be joining?
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 hours 45 minutes to go. Might as well be 1000 years 😵🔫
  • pSikpSik Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    pSik said:

I would highly suggest to not modify the structure that people spent money on to qualify for because it's not what you expected, but advertised as.

Seems like something to take back to the drawing board and improve for the next attempt.

I'll hoping I'm just misreading the communication.

Just my $ 0.02 @Hutch_Tim
    Hes talking about making tier one bigger from what I can tell, nowt wrong with that!
    Ya I hope you're right.
    It just seemed to be worded in a way that could go in a lot of directions.

Perhaps Hutch expected to give out 100 prize cars per region. But then only 900 people qualified for the finals so they want to still give out the prizes.

That's ideal scenario but can be much wors
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel so privileged to have managed to win 3 rovers and make the final. Especially with the struggles in the earlier manufacturer rounds. The Jag and Honda brackets were surprisingly easy to win. I had very good hands but no legendaries to seal the deal.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are about 1500-1800 players in EU region qualified 
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    Assuming there were only two brackets open in the Americas, I be surprised if there were even 600 qualified.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim that is for the info Tim, interesting and appreciated.  I assume you're talking about making more winners per bracket?

Out of curiosity why not make the brackets smaller instead? Instead of 500 player brackets with 50 players winning, why not 100 player brackets with 10 players winning?  

Not suggesting one is better than the other, I'm genuinely curious as to the planning process.
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    I think you should use matchmaking rq and trophies both in qualifiers. More people would be able to join final event, but event would be the same as usual final events for them, so nothing to complain. 

Guess it's to frustrating to pass first round and then get thrown to sharks and get smashed.  It's like you gave hope. to some small local town football team win in their league and then you drop them to Champions league against Barcelona. 

I don’t think a small town team would care whatsoever about the finals if they got a chance to play Barcelona! They made it to the big leagues as far as they’re concerned. Expectations expectations. People too often think they should get way better than they deserve. I enjoyed the brutality of the event, even if it meant I didn’t make it to the next round, although I did, it’s a good way to assess how good/bad/ugly your garage is, holding up to multi-layered event like this. First round was friendly, second round was tough, the way it should be.
  • kaje73kaje73 Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    TimBut said:
    Assuming there were only two brackets open in the Americas, I be surprised if there were even 600 qualified.
    Think my bracket was full (500)
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically every whale is guaranteed  the t1 and that leaves about 3 cars for the rest of us to fight over.
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Member Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15

The International Racing Grand Prix is announcing its inaugural knockout tournament, the IRGP Pro Circuit!

Racers must place in the top 20 in multiple events to win certain prize cars to progress through each round. The Pro Circuit Finals will award the  champions the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 prize car.

You won’t need to race with the awarded prize cars - so no need to rack up the mileage. They function as tickets that authorise you access to the later rounds. Events will features racers of varied RQ and Trophy levels. This is a test of the strength of your garage and your resolve.  Each event has different criteria and tracks. You’ll be rewarded for your ability to adapt and prosper under varied conditions.

Summary

1. Compete in Qualifier (Q) events to win 3 Smart Fortwo EVs

2. Enter the Fortwo EV Progression event with those cars (and two more Smart cars) to claim your guaranteed Rover 220 Coupé Turbo - granting you access to Challenger events

3. Compete in Challenger (C) events to win 2 additional Rover 220 Coupé Turbo

4. Enter the Rover 220 Coupé Turbo Progression event with those cars (and two more Rovers) to claim your guaranteed Plymouth Superbird - granting you access to the Finals

5. Compete in the IRGP Pro Circuit Finals!

Every Qualifying event, where the name begins with (Q), awards the Smart Fortwo EV prize car to the top 20.

If you have earned the Smart Car Fortwo EV in previous competition, the IRGP are recognising your achievement as one of the three necessary victories in the Qualifying round. You will be one event closer to the next round before even stepping foot (wheels?) on the track!

1) Place in the top 20 in THREE Qualifying events to win 3 Smart Fortwo EVs!

(If you have previously won the Fortwo EV, place in the top 20 in TWO Qualifying events.)

QUALIFIER SERIES

Nine 48-hour events, beginning in 8 hour intervals from Wednesday 6th at 2pm (UTC):

(Q) Classic Car Meet
    (Q) City Racing League
    (Q) Icebreaker League
    (Q) Street Meet
    (Q) Storm Series
    (Q) Rally League
    (Q) Pacific Coast Clash
    (Q) Port Hercules Cup
    (Q) Zephyr Cup
    Fortwo EV Progression Event

2) You must have 3 Smart Fortwo EVs and 2 other Smart Cars to enter the ‘Fortwo EV Progression’ event that runs this weekend. Every entrant will be guaranteed the Rover 220 Coupé Turbo - Your ticket to the next round!

The Rover 220 Coupé Turbo is required to get access to the Challenger Series, noted by (C) in the event names. Other players will not see these events. Every Challenger Series event allows you to win additional Rover 220 Coupé Turbo.

3) Place in the top 20 in TWO Challenger events to get a total of THREE Rover 220 Coupé Turbos!

CHALLENGER SERIES

Six 48-hour events, beginning in 8 hour intervals from Monday 12th March:

(C) Transatlantic Trophy
    (C) Metropolis Championship
    (C) All-Star Racing Cup
    (C) Cross Country Conference
    (C) Golden Sun League
    (C) Desert Rally Cup
    Rover 220 Coupé Turbo Progression Event

4) You must have 3 Rover 220 Coupé Turbos and 2 other Rovers to enter the “220 Coupé Turbo Progression” event next week to claim the prize car Plymouth Superbird. A great prize, and your ticket for the Finals!

PRO CIRCUIT FINALS

5) Compete in the IRGP Pro Circuit Finals for a guaranteed Carbon Fiber pack and the chance to place in the top 20 to win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

@hutch_robin You clearly say just above that a top 20 spot wins the ZR1, so why do the finals brackets have top 8 only winning it? Was the above comment an error? 

Edit: have seen your response in the event thread, so please ignore! 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was for 500 person brackets, they changed to 100... so they doubled the prize cars available
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    mmmmm, top 20 looks hard for me I can't even get close to 130 rq with the highest cars I have.....lol
    so would the Renault prize be better than the merc..

• PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    mmmmm, top 20 looks hard for me I can't even get close to 130 rq with the highest cars I have.....lol
    so would the Renault prize be better than the merc..

Im missing that Renault so id be fine with that, or even the Lotus which I dont have.  Anything but the Merc!
  • SluppermadnSluppermadn Member Posts: 36
    10 Porche carbons later, 0 legendarys and only 1 car I will actually be using (21rq offroader...).