General Discussion

IRGP Pro Circuit - Win the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

Comments

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to think about the prize continuum between the finals and the contenders event (the one for people who got through to the second round but not the final). 

Top 25% in the contenders event get Epics, Carbon Fibres, 150/80 gold and 10,000/5,000 credits, While the bottom 40% of players in the Finals get an Ultra Rare, Carbon Fibre, 50 gold and 5,000 credits.

Sure, the finals players get duplicate rovers and the Superbird, but I'd take an Epic over an Ultra-rare and a Superbird any day. 

Are you expecting all the people in the top 25% of the contender event to have ended up above the bottom 40% if they could enter the finals despite their generally inferior garage?

• malsmals Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    10 Porche carbons later, 0 legendarys and only 1 car I will actually be using (21rq offroader...).
    Sorry dude, it hurts... around 100$ for nothing special 😑, i was thinking buy something to try get a good porsche... thanks, wallet closed. 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 512 admin
    I'm not sure what to think about the prize continuum between the finals and the contenders event (the one for people who got through to the second round but not the final). 

Top 25% in the contenders event get Epics, Carbon Fibres, 150/80 gold and 10,000/5,000 credits, While the bottom 40% of players in the Finals get an Ultra Rare, Carbon Fibre, 50 gold and 5,000 credits.

Sure, the finals players get duplicate rovers and the Superbird, but I'd take an Epic over an Ultra-rare and a Superbird any day. 

Are you expecting all the people in the top 25% of the contender event to have ended up above the bottom 40% if they could enter the finals despite their generally inferior garage?

Looks like you're not noticing the bracket size difference, the Contenders is out of 500. So:
    - The runner-up 'Contenders' event awards a CF, epic, 5k cash and 80 gold to the top 25 out of 500, i.e. top 5%
    - The 'Finals' event awards a CF, epic, 7.5k cash and 100 gold to the top 60 out of 100, i.e. top 60%
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that you changed format
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:

Looks like you're not noticing the bracket size difference, the Contenders is out of 500. So:
    - The runner-up 'Contenders' event awards a CF, epic, 5k cash and 80 gold to the top 25 out of 500, i.e. top 5%
    - The 'Finals' event awards a CF, epic, 7.5k cash and 100 gold to the top 60 out of 100, i.e. top 60%
    Wait, what? Do I understand it right that people who did NOT make it to the final (but win the runner up event) get better prize than people who actually DID make it to the final (but are last tier in the final)? What is the reason behind it??? What epic are they getting?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭
    It was a good call to change it. Glad you thought about it
    Hutch_Tim said:

Top 5% of runner up get either the epic lotus or the epic mercedes!!!!??? While I spent gold and cash and will end up with the ur megane!!!!???? What is this madness!!!!!!!???????
    SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
    you won the chance to get Legendary. 
    Hutch_Tim said:

Still DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. 25 out of 500 who did NOT get into the final get better prize than 40 out of 100 (so 200 out of 500) that DID make it to the final. Are you insane or just cannot be bothered?

This needs to be addressed one way or another.
    I really don't see the issue with that at all. You won the chance at a high end legendary prize car and you are getting a CF + a really good UR just for showing up.
    I have 0 chance to get the legendary or an epic in the final. I would have had a very good chance to get an epic in the runner up series since my garage should be superior in theory to people who could not make it to the final.

No?
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    TD42792 said:
    I really don't see the issue with that at all. You won the chance at a high end legendary prize car and you are getting a CF + a really good UR just for showing up.
    I have 0 chance to get the legendary or an epic in the final. I would have had a very good chance to get an epic in the runner up series since my garage should be superior in theory to people who could not make it to the final.

No?
    Sure, but i still disagree that the last place in the finals should be guaranteed a better prize then top spot in the backup event. You are GUARANTEED a CF and a high end UR for just showing up instead of fighting for T1 in the other event.

Edit: If your hand is so weak that you are resigned to getting the last tier in the finals then i doubt it would be strong enough for a guaranteed T1 in the backup event either way.
    Twinkie said:
    TD42792 said:

No?
    Sure, but i still disagree that the last place in the finals should be guaranteed a better prize then top spot in the backup event. You are GUARANTEED a CF and a high end UR for just showing up instead of fighting for T1 in the other event.

Edit: If your hand is so weak that you are resigned to getting the last tier in the finals then i doubt it would be strong enough for a guaranteed T1 in the backup event either way.
    TD42792 said:

No?

Yes and he got the plymouth and other good rewards (gold ceramic the rovers)
    But hutch cant give everyone what he wants... this series was the best event thing we ever had (for me personally) but there will always be people who are unlucky somehow and not happy with what they get...
    BUT isnt the runner up series the same tracksets? So I think if u are able to get to place 25/500 in the runner ups you would still be able to get 60/100 in the ginals as its still 45 rq and also some lower garages will have made it as the challanger events where more or less rq limited and doable for newer players....
    So before being mad maybe first compete and after u got ur rewards u can complain
    Happy to give back the useless plymouth and rovers to get the lotus or the merc. Any day.

So is the idea that some people could not win 2 out of 6 relatively easy rq45 challenger events, but have a better garage with legendary motorsport porsches so should get the chance to win good cars?

Still dont see the logic.

And sure, happy to come back and complain once the final is over :)
    edited March 16
    people are talking about "so hard" qualifications.  What was hard exactly?
    they were super easy, much easier than common prelims. 
    Almost zero effort to get in top20. 
    And you were awarded with Superbird. 
    No you are awarded with free carbon and UR car just for entrance. 
    also you had a great farm during last 2 weeks. 

p. s. I feel sorry for Asian players since their region got screwed and Hutch didn't thought about you.  Maybe VPN can help you? 

p. p. s super easy for those who are usually in tier1-2.  Hutch did a great move, because I was afraid of playing vs All European whales, Italian ticket spammers, forumers and friends in one bracket.  Now I just need to finish final event as usualy I do without any bloodbath and friendly fire. 

thx, Hutch, great event. But, next time plz work more on marketing aspects too.  This is a big one event, we needed some information, statistics, some marketing ****, a little bit of event cover would be nice to have.  

TD42792 said:

No?

I guess we have different philosophies on the construct of the event. I believe that a player who made it to the final should get a better prize vs one who did not. If I had known, I actually might have not joined the final, as foregoing the trophy useless superbird for a real chance at the lotus or the merc is a chance I would be willing to take.

My hand is weak given all the whales (p2w or not). Have been playing long enough that I know I cannot win a prize car in any rq140 event, especially in this final where all the top top best players are so heavily concentrated.

In a diluted bracket filled with rq45 players my hand is probably quite strong, as I have witnessed in the challenger series. Also dont forget all the really good players are not in the runner up event so it makes it even easier.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimBut said:
    people are talking about "so hard" qualifications.  What was hard exactly?
    they were super easy, much easier than common prelims. 
    Almost zero effort to get in top20. 
    And you were awarded with Superbird. 
    No you are awarded with free carbon and UR car just for entrance. 
    also you had a great farm during last 2 weeks. 

p. s. I feel sorry for Asian players since their region got screwed and Hutch didn't thought about you.  Maybe VPN can help you? 

p. p. s super easy for those who are usually in tier1-2.  Hutch did a great move, because I was afraid of playing vs All European whales, Italian ticket spammers, forumers and friends in one bracket.  Now I just need to finish final event as usualy I do without any bloodbath and friendly fire. 

thx, Hutch, great event. But, next time plz work more on marketing aspects too.  This is a big one event, we needed some information, statistics, some marketing ****, a little bit of event cover would be nice to have.  

You can’t in all seriousness say that it was super easy to get into the finals for most players when 50% or whatever of the players that got into the challenger series couldn’t make it through to the final. 
    will someone really change prize car Superbird to some common epic car? 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Hutch_Tim said:

Fair enough. Having qualified for the finals I could only go on screenshots and the one I saw of the contenders event showed three prize tiers, which ended at 100, so I assumed it was the same size as the finals event. 

The smaller numbers does make it much more likely that normal garage variation means there'll be strong hands taking the epics in the contenders despite their failure to qualify for the finals. 

ManUtdTobbe said:
    Except these are top drive tiers, so it's not just last place, 80% of finals players are getting a worse prize than T1 in the contenders event. 

I suspect the people most likely to be worst off here will be those ending at the top of tier 4. If you get 21st to 25th in a final like this you've got a very strong hand, potentially strong enough to get top 5 in the contenders event.

Looking at some of the hands being posted in the contenders thread on the IGF those of us at 50th and below probably wouldn't stand a chance getting into the top 5% of the contenders event. There are plenty of legendaries around. With it being 5% not 25% as I originally thought I don't think it's a big deal for most people who qualified for the finals.

Post edited by EndlessWaves on
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry Tim, you talk about number and %... but in the last final event how many brackets are opened for region? and today final how many brackets are open? you know that in this final only few player are in because a lot of players win more than 3 smart and more than 3 rover... so, i wait some number that you have... you talk about 8/100 players in every bracket win this prize car... but if we are only 1000 player, we can presume there will be only 10 brackets and only 80 players win this car; in regular finals we have brackets for 500 players but how many brackets? if you say that more peolpe will win this ZR1, i may assume there are few player that play the game...
    i think there are more 5000 player in the game, so we have the same 10 brackets, with the same 80 winners....
    Asian server have problems because there are few players than EU or US.... and i think to there are more of 5000 players in the game (range 45rq-150rq), so  i don't understand your calculations...
    PS: it would be interesting to know how many players with a lower rq of 150 are in this finals (maybe the % is good enough)
    PPS: i think in this final we have the best garages, because the pre and semi are challenging enough to esclude only few big garages but the majority of little garages!!! 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty upset when I saw that top prize in the runner up event is better than 80% of the awarded prizes in the finals, and not having a 2-11 myself really rubs salt in the wound.

But, for the health of the game overall, we need some newer players to get a lucky break and win a high end car to keep them playing. Otherwise the player pool will get smaller & more concentrated until it’s just Eric Shih & Holoman left. 

Really glad I’m not on the AS server btw. VPN? 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure we can VPN. How does the US and EU feel about us taking their prize cars...?