General Discussion

Tires performance discussion

gonongonon Member Posts: 6
As I have researched in recent days, I realized that the tires do not make the slightest difference in dry asphalt tracks. Why is it that way if in real life it has such a difference?
As the game is based, it has absolutely no advantage in improving a car with Slick tire. Basically the type of tire is telling me that I can use the Slick on fewer tracks
Example:
Slick: only 1 kind of tracks can go well
Performance: only 2 tracks can go well

This new car "Citroen BX 4TC Group B" will be a monster. You will only lose on asphalt tracks with rain and dry asphalt by status, but in all other things you will win until you get another better reward.

Off-road cars should lose status when competing with a performance or slick on dry tracks.

Comments

• DebulhatorDebulhator Member Posts: 3
    edited May 10
    they clearly not ever drive a offroad tires car on asphalt, they cant achieve the same level of grip of performance or slick tires.
    Huch need to change to something like this:

Multiplying the results, or some attributes from cars by a modificator

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all stats you see reflect the car's performance on dry asphalt. it's treated as a baseline surface and no modifiers for tires are applied.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stats of the cars are already taking into account the weakened performance of non-PERF tyres. The performance figures for cars are always quoted for on-road performance.

Think of it this way, if you changed the offroad tyres to on-road tyres, the performance stats would improve.
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @evilprofesseur is correct.  Slick tyred cars are therefore at an rq discount because of their uselessness in the rain.  They're less versatile, but very strong at their RQ.  The Porsche RSR and Mégane race car are a great examples of this.  

If you're F2P this is something worth considering, epic and ultra rare slick cars are well worth the investment as they punch above their weight and few events are PURELY wet.

It's why I'm so excited about the prize car Porsche 911gt1 race car and the Renault rs1
    It's why I'm so excited about the prize car Porsche 911gt1 race car and the Renault rs1
    I can't wait for the gt1, I hope the requirements won't be something I can't compete in, like, say 5x german saloons.
    sub 3s 0-60 and 105 handling at 26 rq? count me in. I know the mra will be meh but it'll be an absolute beast on twisties. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the gt1, I hope the requirements won't be something I can't compete in, like, say 5x german saloons.
    sub 3s 0-60 and 105 handling at 26 rq? count me in. I know the mra will be meh but it'll be an absolute beast on twisties. 
    I remember seeing it in a weekly challenge once a while back, MRA is awful
  • gonongonon Member Posts: 6
    Right, I get it.

But I'm still a bit disappointed. RQ does not matter anymore when in 150, and it does not take that long to get there.

Thanks for the answares
    gonon said:
    Right, I get it.

But I'm still a bit disappointed. RQ does not matter anymore when in 150, and it does not take that long to get there.

Thanks for the answares
    It absolutely still matters once you hit RQ150. The majority of events have RQ limits and/or restrictions. Say there’s an event with an RQ limit of 110. A balanced hand would be 5x RQ22 cars. If you have an RQ19 on slicks that outperforms an RQ22, that frees up three more RQ for you to use on another car, which could end up being the difference between a win and a loss against an opponent. You could run your RQ19 that punches above its weight, 3x RQ22, and an RQ25. That’s a huge change.
    Not to mention epic cars on slicks that would be legendary on performance tires so they would be much more difficult to upgrade