General Discussion

Citroën BX 4TC testing

sinnersinner Member Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭
Come on then let's get some times up and see how it compares to the Metro and Porsche.

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12
    Higher power and torque, better 0-60 and top speed, marginally worse handling and slightly higher weight... this should be a close one with the Metro.

Medium ground clearance is a winner though.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

@333 and already better than anything else I had...
    Too bad my UR garage is decimated after this event. 
    Maybe someone with a 333 Metro can compare.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UncleGary said:

Agreed. I’m quite light on UR food now
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12
    Don't think anyone would have a 333 Metro by now. Surely it's been long enough that everyone's is maxed.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    333 Dakar

669 Metro (yes, I still haven’t maxed it)

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UncleGary said:

Is that a different twisty road in the 3rd image? That SRX is 25 secs slower than the 1st 2.
  • sinnersinner Member Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue2moro said:
    UncleGary said:

Is that a different twisty road in the 3rd image? That SRX is 25 secs slower than the 1st 2.
    He just took the screenshot earlier in the other two 👍
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    It looks strange, and I was puzzled by it at first too, but what happened is I just waited longer before I captured the third image. the time counter on the srx is still going up on the two others while it is capturing the screen. It was USA west coast 8-1. dry dirt.
  • AnzatoroAnzatoro Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    I believe 4TC will me better and 100 times more useful than Metro just because its medium height, apart from any stat differencies
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see it maxed against a metro and also what decision Hutch come to on the 6r4, if it’s stats are corrected to that of the rally car it will quite rightly destroy the Citroen. Would be a bit silly to have what is generally accepted as the worst group B car ever made beating the 6r4 in anything really. 
    Has there been any more discussion @Hutch_Tim ?
    I mean, you're right, clearly; but I don't have a metro and I DO have the Citroen so you know what I'm thinking 😉
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see it maxed against a metro and also what decision Hutch come to on the 6r4, if it’s stats are corrected to that of the rally car it will quite rightly destroy the Citroen. Would be a bit silly to have what is generally accepted as the worst group B car ever made beating the 6r4 in anything really. 
    Has there been any more discussion @Hutch_Tim ?
    I mean, you're right, clearly; but I don't have a metro and I DO have the Citroen so you know what I'm thinking 😉
    I think @grandvache is right here ☝️
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    metro fix when
  • TreyWelshTreyWelsh Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14
    Make some little tests...and surprise the Citroen is not as good as the metro but better then the Dakar :confused: !
    All three cars are 969 tuned.

Hutch pls explain!

• Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, seems to be more of an all rounder. It's may not win many against both but it will win every time against 1 of them. It's not the slowest on any of those tracks.
    Basically it beats the metro on drags and the Dakar on twisty stuff.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14
    Doesnt seem bad to me? Faster than metro on drags and faster than dakar on twisties?

Or did you expected that citroen will be unbeatable? 
    greddy said:
    Doesnt seem bad to me? Faster than metro on drags and faster than dakar on twisties?

I expected that the Citroen will beat the metro everywhere cuz of higher acceleration, higher ground clearance and only one less grip. For sure I forget about the 100kg more at the Citroen ;)

The Dakar for sure is overrated since beginning.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TreyWelsh said:
    greddy said:

I expected that the Citroen will beat the metro everywhere cuz of higher acceleration, higher ground clearance and only one less grip. For sure I forget about the 100kg more at the Citroen ;)

Yeah, I was so happy about winning the dakar. Seems to get more and more disappointing over time. And really, now that the citroen exists it really should drop down to epics.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭
    TreyWelsh said:
    greddy said:

Yeah, I was so happy about winning the dakar. Seems to get more and more disappointing over time. And really, now that the citroen exists it really should drop down to epics.
    It new high speed should definitely drop it to epic, but even if it became epic and maxed it's useless
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @evilprofesseur I think the Dakar will stay Legendary based on ‘prestige’ rather than performance, like the Panameras 👎
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I’d like explained is the ride height. 🤷🏻‍♂️

6r4

Citroen 

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no ride height listed there.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And more confusing is the fact the Citroen came with a hydropneumatic suspension.
    Low

High

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    There is no ride height listed there.
    😄 my bad. 
    HeissRod said:
    The Dakar is made for hill climbs and short drags, which it does well.  
    The Citroen has a higher RQ because of it's ride height (which allows wins on city streets vs the Metro).  That higher RQ doesn't automatically mean it will be better than the Metro everywhere.  It also wins the drags, which helps bolster it's RQ as well vs the Metro.

There is nothing for Hutch to explain.
    Then pls explain you to me the stats of both cars...you wouldn't think the Citroen can beat the metro in twisty stuff with the higher acceleration and ONE grip less?
    Especially twisty road with the higher ground clearance?
    Or are you not able to see the facts? ;)
    The Citroen is heavier
    Just wait until the Metro gets it's stats fixed
  • justjukiejustjukie Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    The Citroen is heavier
    I wish you would leave with all this logic, it's obvious everyone wants to run up to nearest hardware store and get pitchforks.