General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    I haven't joined a club yet, but from what I've seen it doesn't really look like many people are joining the Full Throttle club
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I think it was said that this would be replacing the old daily?  That's going to suuuuuuuuuuuuck if our main source of smurfing is replaced with this.
    Yea I haven’t installed yet, but I really hope it doesn’t replace the usual daily.
    daily is easily 40000 income/day for me. After seeing some of the rewards posted on forum for club events it doesn’t look like 40000 can be earned per day.
    but again, no idea since haven’t installed yet.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Member Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    Props to Hutch for trying something new and for all the bug fixes, this seems like a massive endeavour - so I am only grateful for that.

However I hope they have given some thought to the fact that many players are only kept afloat in this game through smurfing daily - love it or hate it - it is what it is. Not only is it a good source of cash but also of F and D tier food. And even if we were not smurfing a player is gathering cash and resources as they play opponents that seem to amount to more than the event prizes some have posted on here. Players need a staple income, without this the balance TD previously had could be threatened.

There is apparently a weekly reward so I will reserve judgement until we know more about this.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news, it looks like club event has fully replaced usual daily - bye bye 40k+ per day
  • StealthFTStealthFT Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Can't even play. This is displayed every time I try to enter when on Bluestacks.
    From phone, did manage to enter after several attempts, but the club section lags significantly. The old events work fine as before.
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happens when one club is out of territory?
    when events gonna update?
    can we have some daily rewards at least for club events? 

I see many Asians, are clubs events runs on global servers? 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer daily system... this club is only grinding, no table price... hey hutch, people study, work and have real life... we can't stay all day on TD... 
  • GT47LMGT47LM Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    I prefer daily system... this club is only grinding, no table price... hey hutch, people study, work and have real life... we can't stay all day on TD... 
    I haven't played it yet, but wasn't the whole point and said from the very beginning that the club events would be so that you can play all that you want with no restrictions? I think you might have to set some breaks and restrictions up for yourself if you want to study lol
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we need a petition to bring back prizeboards.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds as if it’s not very good but I’ll reserve judgment.
    What I can say is it’s a shambles that IOS user get shafted again. 
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    They wont stop smurfing with that, thats for sure. 
    looking at those numbers there are not that much players 25000 trophies + on android
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17.5k+ now. Still a bit high for me.
    is this thing really gonna replace daily? 
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did most of you join Legacy? 
    - there should have been clear communication that there is no connection between clubs and players cars in garage. 
    - usually when game introduce fractions, season rewards are also introduced and usually rewards are fraction based. Each club offers different Legendaries for example as a reward. 
    - Plz dont remove dailies. It is super frustrating to race without prize boards. When I play usual TD events - I just spend some spare 5-15 minutes.  When I played clubs events I felt myself as a stupid monkey without real life. 
    - If we are about earning XP, some ranking in events - WHERE is the leaderboard? Where can I see my progression and what awaits me in the end of season?  I dont want just blindly race as much as I can, I want to control my progression
    - My club was losing - I started racing and my club had advantage points like 56, but still my club was losing points.  I updated event several times - it kept losing points while advantage was on my side.
    - I really dont like that infinite racing
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Why are clubs gated behind trophy count?
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    I think they were testing the stability as they progressively lowered the trophy requirements 
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    Avenged said:
    It's only a slow roll out so they can test server load, not a permanent gate. They will allow lower trophy counts soon I'm sure, though I wouldn't be surprised if Hutch permanently restricts the mode to people over 6000 or something.
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Makes sense I guess, @Ivo_Kamburov @O__VER. Waiting to enter when the gate drops to 6k!
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most frustrating thing is that the game is still giving me server errors. I just got it 3 times in a row and I was on mobile data. It's just really stupid to be stuck there for 30 seconds on the "circle of death" screen smh
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    quite annyoing that the leaderboard jumps to the top of the table every time i raced. show some love for the smurfers, we wanna see our position too.
    Yeah,  that jumping leaderboard from bottom to top is pretty annoying.  
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 794 admin
    edited May 23
    TD01055 said:
    I worry that awards are based on the “typical player” rather than the “committed player”. So all those casuals that end the daily’s on 0-2 will be dragging the prize structure down. They need to be awarding 40k/60g per day for a player who plays a decent amount (the equivalent of playing all tickets in old money). Otherwise people just won’t bother.
    We did look at lots of different kinds of player, so we were able to ignore 0-2 casuals. We're happy to look at an even wider range next though, as do we want to be sure rewards are similar.