General Discussion

PL8.1 - Club Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• AntounAntoun Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t find any interest on that club thing, will try it later when changes will be made.
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Antoun said:
    Didn’t find any interest on that club thing, will try it later when changes will be made.
    Same...not even disappoited...I did expected crew to be what it is now...Lol...Same **** all the time...Hutch can't make game right...we have to test it first so they can try to make it how it should be...and that's don't take week or two but few months!That's wrong and bad.Lol..
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how legacy went from controlling the whole map to having only seven zones. What changed?
  • andykb3andykb3 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited May 24
    Well I've tried the new club thing, and as far as I'm concerned it's a con to reduce the level of prizes that can be won - I'm guessing in the hope that people will part with more real cash for upgrades rather than earning them in-game (IMO the daily challenge is a way to build cash and gold at a reasonable rate whilst competing against other people).

The club event means playing mainly against bots with virtually no prizes..... and it is soooooo dull.  With the daily event, the prizes are decent so I will actually try to win.  With the team event there is the tedious territory ****, followed by a few races against some bots (occasionally against a person) which offer such worthless prizes that I don't care whether I win or not.  I can't be bothered to waste any more of my time on it.

If the team events continues in addition to the daily challenge, that's fine.  I'll play it occasionally when I'm really bored (and I mean REALLY bored), but no more.  However, if the daily challenge goes, so does a good chunk of my interest in the game, therefore I doubt I will play anywhere near as much as I do now - and I certainly won't be parting with any more of my real life cash. 

IMO the team event is nothing more than an attempt to fleece the players (especially if the daily event disappears).  I'm out.  There are plenty of other games to choose from which won't try to rip us off.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how legacy went from controlling the whole map to having only seven zones. What changed?
    I think it's a timezone thing.  The majority of the people in the Legacy group are at work right now, while the other groups are off work.
  • RWareRWare Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what my incentive is in this.

I have played quite a few now. And one set I played I rotated my hand and got something like 42-3 score by the time it ended. I got 2160cr total for all of that.

Am I missing something?
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my clubs strategy is to either race just 1 race or go all in if I have the time.

For the 1 race strategy:
    * do 1 race in a club event your team is either just about to win or is scoring heavily (that number in the rev counter type display)
    * go and do 1 or 2 regular event races
    * back to clubs to collect reward, usually around 1k
    * rinse repeat until you've cleared all your normal event races

Doing this nets me an extra 5k or so each couple hrs. Enough for an extra ceramic per day.
    The bit that really needs working out with clubs is that I can get 1k from 1 race taking a couple mins at most.

Whereas if I put in a solid MVP session over 3 or 4 times the amount of time and effort then i get only double the rewards.

Theres really not the incentive to do more than a 1 battle splash and dash and pickup the winnings later.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I think it's a timezone thing.  The majority of the people in the Legacy group are at work right now, while the other groups are off work.
    Yeah, but I would imagine a lot of Europeans chose that club and they have been off work for hours. Oh well, doesn't matter much as it is nearly wiped out. I wonder what happens? Do we even get to play again for the next four days?

R.I.P Legacy Club. Your time was too short. Your members were too small (or disinterested).
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the timer is anything to go by then Legacy is in big trouble by the end of the event. No matter how many zones Legacy takes, if this is how it’s going to look with 11mins to go, it’s not going to finish well.

There needs to be a more neutral finish time so that a third of the playing group isn’t clocked off when the end comes.
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long live BLUE team! 🤣
  • krystiankrystian Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Majority of people off work now...many can't be bother to play it....
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate said:

If the timer is anything to go by then Legacy is in big trouble by the end of the event. No matter how many zones Legacy takes, if this is how it’s going to look with 11mins to go, it’s not going to finish well.

There needs to be a more neutral finish time so that a third of the playing group isn’t clocked off when the end comes.
    Still 4 days left.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve joined but I really don’t know what’s going on, only events I seem to be able to enter are super low common things which give me the bowk and no matter how well I do the team gets pumped.
    I think I’ll wait for version 2.0. 
  • UltimateUltimate Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m making a projection of the end result. Yesterday was the same, Legacy was getting hammered before I went to bed. And again this morning when I woke up, Legacy again was in a similar state. Maybe activity will pick up on the last day, I’m not so sure I’ll be doing an all-nighter to defend club territory though
  • TimButTimBut Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to waste time playing alongside 75rq players.  **** 

A lot is going to depend on what the end of club event rewards are or even what they're based on!

Will they be on number of sectors won?
    Will it be a snapshot of number of sectors owned at end of event?
    Or maybe something else entirely?
  • O__VERO__VER Member Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin why can't I enter this event?

• S3XYS3XY Member Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Hey I am in an event that every time the opponent's health bar depletes and it resets to 600. And the event just never concludes... I have been staring at it for 5 loops now... Anyone have the same issue?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 810 admin
    O__VER said:
    Same reason as before. The second point.

Players can start/join events only:
    - In territory that is controlled by another Club, and borders your territory
    - Where the area is contiguous (i.e. reachable) from your HQ, without going through a contested area or other Club's territory.
    O__VER said:

- Where the area is contiguous (i.e. reachable) from your HQ, without going through a contested area or other Club's territory.
    The one he is trying to (bottom left) is contiguous from his HQ
    edited May 24
    S3XY said:
    O__VER said:

Sorry guys, I admit fault here. It wasn't clear enough that I was already in an event, which is why I couldn't enter.

I entered an event almost an hour ago and didn't realise it was still going (they usually don't go that long).
    edited May 24
    S3XY said:
    Hey I am in an event that every time the opponent's health bar depletes and it resets to 600. And the event just never concludes... I have been staring at it for 5 loops now... Anyone have the same issue?

Team Legacy has been leading 3000-4000 points for 10 minutes (6:19->6:29). At this rate it would have been finished a few times.. but look at the score 
    O__VER said:

I see a tiny bit of the orange bar that circles an active event you're already in (top right of the HQ). You can only be in 1 at a time.
    Blue2moro said:
    O__VER said:

I see a tiny bit of the orange bar that circles an active event you're already in (top right of the HQ). You can only be in 1 at a time.
    Yeah, my fault. Forgot because events don't usually go on so long!
    O__VER said:
    Blue2moro said:
    O__VER said:

I bet Hutch has some server problem ending the events...
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 810 admin
    S3XY said:
    Oops, I haven't quite memorised everyone's team yet. I'm stuck on repeat with that reason.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S3XY said:
    O__VER said:
    Blue2moro said:
    O__VER said:

I bet Hutch has some server problem ending the events...
    I am in an event that has gone too long but also shows 2 different player counts and scores. Maybe a caching issue?
    edited May 24
    @S3XY Yeah there's definitely something going wrong with the events we're in. They're not ending.

I just watched the opponents points count down below 400, then I exited clubs and went back in and it's back up over 900 points.

There are nearly 150 yellow players vs. 6 opponents and we have +4000 points.