General Discussion

Unbelievable results

Comments

• vladimir1989vladimir1989 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

How is this possible? Can anyone explain this one?
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

I'm guessing that the wrong card is displayed and that wasn't really a bbr mx-5.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

I’ve noticed that my BBR is rubbish on slalom & g-force. It’s good on racetracks though.

I have a feeling it’s to do with the comparatively high mass. I think mass is an issue on slalom & g-f but not elsewhere.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

I'm guessing that the wrong card is displayed and that wasn't really a bbr mx-5.
    That’s possible. My maxed bbr is faster than beat
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

But the Beat was faster here
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Good one! Over 3 sec!

But the Beat was faster here
    Yes if BBR picture is the correct one. Sometimes the game is showing the wrong car while in reality some other car is racing.
  • gonongonon Member Posts: 6
    I have my doubts.
    I lost because of "Better mid-range range acceleration" in stability tests

Other case, lost because of "Better off-the-line acceleration"

I do not have the print, but in other case the 'Sport Megane Trophy' lost to a 'Furai' in Twisted Road because of 'Better off-the-line acceleration' with 3.3 in 0-60 mph and 98 handling.

Not sure about this one. M5 is slightly quicker to 60, higher top speed and 1 more handling point. Power & mass basically the same, but M5 has way more torque.
    So it’s MRA I guess. I’d love to know why the game’s algorithm thinks the M3 would be faster? 

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    Fully upgraded 969 RQ29 off-roader loses to an 336 RQ26 off-roader by over 4 seconds:

Twisty circuit is one of the SQ5's strongest tracks, and dry dirt should be where all surface tyres are strongest. I'm not sure if there's a bug in the RQ ranker, or if the balance factors are just not right but it's definitely frustrating to have a higher RQ car beaten where it's strong. 
    edited May 26
    Fully upgraded 969 RQ29 off-roader loses to an 336 RQ26 off-roader by over 4 seconds:

Twisty circuit is one of the SQ5's strongest tracks, and dry dirt should be where all surface tyres are strongest. I'm not sure if there's a bug in the RQ ranker, or if the balance factors are just not right but it's definitely frustrating to have a higher RQ car beaten where it's strong. 
    Whilst the RQs are clearly wrong, I think the result is probably right. 4wd Group B rally weapon against over-engined, leather filled family carrier.

I think the whole RQ29 Epic think we have with Audis was a big mistake in itself, but how the BX is Epic I’ll never understand.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    M3 has great MRA and the stats understimate the value of this car (this car is better of hte stats that you see)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Not sure about this one. M5 is slightly quicker to 60, higher top speed and 1 more handling point. Power & mass basically the same, but M5 has way more torque.
    So it’s MRA I guess. I’d love to know why the game’s algorithm thinks the M3 would be faster? 

The E39 M5 runs the quarter mile in 13.2 seconds @ 107 mph.
    The E92 M3 runs the quarter mile in 12.7 seconds @ 113 mph.

That 6 mph difference in trap speed is your MRA difference.  The results are what I would expect.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/5-series/2000/2000-bmw-m5/
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16579304/2008-bmw-m3-long-term-road-test/
    HeissRod said:
    BoxtaS said:

The E39 M5 runs the quarter mile in 13.2 seconds @ 107 mph.
    The E92 M3 runs the quarter mile in 12.7 seconds @ 113 mph.

That 6 mph difference in trap speed is your MRA difference.  The results are what I would expect.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/5-series/2000/2000-bmw-m5/
    https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16579304/2008-bmw-m3-long-term-road-test/
    Maybe IRL, but in game, the M5 is maxed and has basically the same power to weight ratio. So do we think the difference is down to gearing? Aero / drag? I think those M3s do rev very high, and are crazy fast so I guess it’d always be close.
    I just would have thought a maxed M5 would beat a 333 M3. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    Yeah, right. I know it's probably because of weight, but still, seems stupid.

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Member Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Yeah, right. I know it's probably because of weight, but still, seems stupid.

engine upgrades = better traction lol
  • DING097DING097 Member Posts: 35

I know it's only a Super rare car, I know I shouldn't be bothered but excuse me what the f*ck..."YOu rAn OuT oF rOaD bEfoRe ReAchIng tHe tArgeT SpEed" ****... got a DNF aroun 25 seconds, the audi kept going for a whole minute. On 1 mile drag the Thema achieves 142mph and it takes 34.7 seconds. I know a lot of cars can't reach a 150 in time besides their top speed but this is heart breaking for me because I love the Thema and it was so long to get it and now it's a piece of **** basically.
  • DebulhatorDebulhator Member Posts: 3
    edited May 27
    I think the pilot miss a gear shift
    stability test, i have better accel, grip, mra, top speed and lower weight

• lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Member Posts: 60
    DING097 said:

I know it's only a Super rare car, I know I shouldn't be bothered but excuse me what the f*ck..."YOu rAn OuT oF rOaD bEfoRe ReAchIng tHe tArgeT SpEed" ****... got a DNF aroun 25 seconds, the audi kept going for a whole minute. On 1 mile drag the Thema achieves 142mph and it takes 34.7 seconds. I know a lot of cars can't reach a 150 in time besides their top speed but this is heart breaking for me because I love the Thema and it was so long to get it and now it's a piece of **** basically.
    You're right I'm afraid, Hutch has said that if a car can't hit 150 mph without any upgrades, it won't ever hit it. Which is crazy.
    Mine has been sat in my garage for a while.

DING097 said:

You're right I'm afraid, Hutch has said that if a car can't hit 150 mph without any upgrades, it won't ever hit it. Which is crazy.
    Mine has been sat in my garage for a while.

So basically that's a theoretical top speed? Unbelievable, I'm confused about the Thema, what's the purpose of a sleeper if it's slow, actually the Peugeot 405 Mi16 also a sleeper and it's awfully slow even for D-class standards. The only sleepers which are really useful for drag are the Carlton and the E500 Merc (for me... I don't have either the RS2 Audi and Jag XJR)
    Soon we will run out of excuses for the cars and start blaming the driver. 
    "His foot slipped on the break accidentally" - possible quote from Hutch in 2020
    Soon we will run out of excuses for the cars and start blaming the driver. 
    "His foot slipped on the break accidentally" - possible quote from Hutch in 2020

That's funny because I thought maybe I lost because it's a Lancia and it fell apart during the race. Of course if you have an Alfa Romeo it has a high chance to brake down. LOTUS logo will be replaced with this -----> Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious. I think these will be in the next update :D
    My Nissan GTR R32 turned 996 lost to the same car tuned 969 on a 1/2 dirt drag race, how is this possible? I thought that drag races at least worked without issues.
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Nissan GTR R32 turned 996 lost to the same car tuned 969 on a 1/2 dirt drag race, how is this possible? I thought that drag races at least worked without issues.
    MoRe WeIgHt
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard tires for the win!
    MoRe WeIgHt
    I wonder why they tried to make all those Group B rally cars as light as possible, people where so stupid in the 80's, if they only knew this what we know now, that more weight equals faster cars, I am sure the Cadillac would have won the Group B championship (sarcasm)