General Discussion

Let’s Talk About Events II

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we find a different acronym ... MRA makes me think of the men's rights movement and then I come out in hives.
  • vossixvossix Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I find it would be nice when the player know what type of race it was in city street.
    it was good when there in the name stand city race long or short.
    So the player can better see what car make the race.
  • willcf15willcf15 Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    The first rule of topdrives club is...
    To be honest, this would probably involve @TGPD 's catch phrase

I'd also like to express particular interest in the following items:

-Car drafting arena mode. Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, It would be really cool to try to make the best of whatever hand you're given, and really test your understanding of the game. I don't even care if there are any rewards, I'd do this for fun.
    -improve trophy system. I think this, together with league tables and seasons, would really help give motivation not to smurf, and actually try in every event. Just have to be careful not to provide players with a reason not to enter an event they know they will be weak in.
    -Greater number of prize tiers.  There are many events (like both Mercedes events) where zero effort and maximum effort won't get me different prizes. It would be awesome if that wasn't the case.

Good to see that you guys are still listening. Keep up the good work. Also fix that weight/grip bug :P
  • benbqbenbq Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of an arena mode akin to hearthstone’s. Would be a neat way for everyone to temporarily get a taste of cards they don’t own! I bet it would be a huge pain to code and implement but boy would it be fun!
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    vossix said:
    I find it would be nice when the player know what type of race it was in city street.
    it was good when there in the name stand city race long or short.
    So the player can better see what car make the race.
    And rolling start vs standing start variants.
    This should be a bigger deal. This is supposed to be a tactical, life-like game right? Basic knowledge of the race conditions seems pretty key, can’t think of any real life situations where you would have to guess like we do.

in slalom the difference is huge, standing start needs acceleration.
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    There's not really any need to remove hutch bots from the leaderboard.... Just make them always challengeable. This would also stop the events where most people have negative trophies. And it would also stop the people that enter last minute race a single race and get top spots. It would possibly even cut down on "smurfing"

And this would be much easier to code than removing every hutch bots from every league in every event.
  • aleale Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Bellissime le idee.
    Secondo me pero gli eventi di 3 giorni sono troppo lunghi e diventano noiosi.
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 17
    One idea for 'stopping people entering at the end of the event': Actually the events end at 23:00 at my time zone. Until you did not take part in the event, countdown to enter the event will stop 2 hours before that time, so maybe 21:00. If you joined the event before 21:00, the countdown time will automatically extend to 23:00 for you - meaning other people can race against you for at least 2 hours - and bring you down in the  board. Don't know how complicated this will be, but it will defenitely stop this problem.

Second thing regarding event concepts: There should be more restrictions to the data of the cars, something like:
    * only cars with engine/weigth/grip update max. 1.3
    * only cars with weight below / between / above
    * only cars with grip  / top speed / ... under xy

And it will be a good point to use a kind of a bonus system related to the used RQ number of the cars used in an event. It will increase the joy for the players with a more weak hand due to less own RQ - not all players are RQ 150.
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭✭
    Bonus Point.. for challenge or some PVE it's ok but in event with others players.. i think it's better don't see it.. IMHO
    About late enter, you need to stop something and not with change of points but maybe with close the event one day before the end... and 3 days event are too long...
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    Bonus Point.. for challenge or some PVE it's ok but in event with others players.. i think it's better don't see it.. IMHO
    About late enter, you need to stop something and not with change of points but maybe with close the event one day before the end... and 3 days event are too long...
    Everyone gets their dash for the first 5 tickets.
    After that it's how many gold you can spend on tickets that dictates how much you win
    the longer the event, the better you spend gold on tickets (if you have a strong hand)
    I agree 3 days is too much. Adjust event duration to 2 days
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 444 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:
    After that it's how many gold you can spend on tickets that dictates how much you win
    the longer the event, the better you spend gold on tickets (if you have a strong hand)
    This is so true in many cases

PS, nice Swiss International 777
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:

Oh love those things!
    Boeing or Airbus?
  • flight4590flight4590 Member Posts: 444 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:

Oh love those things!
    Boeing or Airbus?
    Boeing, without a doubt.  Long Live the 787
    TGPD said:
    TGPD said:
    mauro07 said:

Oh love those things!
    Boeing or Airbus?
    Boeing, without a doubt.  Long Live the 787
    i despise airbus
  • luckylumpiluckylumpi Member Posts: 17
    okay drivers, back to topic.

Would it make sense to change the score system in the events? I mean, why do we give out negative points, what is the sense behind it? In other sporting competition you will not score negative points.  Maybe do it this way:
    • win against opponent: 18 / 20 / 22 points (for winning with 1/2/3 stars) - your oponent gets 0 points
    • be equal / odd with your opponent: 10 points for both players.
    Apositive side effect: The late event entrys will be automatically at the bottom.

What doyou think abot that, guys?
    okay drivers, back to topic.

Would it make sense to change the score system in the events? I mean, why do we give out negative points, what is the sense behind it? In other sporting competition you will not score negative points.  Maybe do it this way:
    • win against opponent: 18 / 20 / 22 points (for winning with 1/2/3 stars) - your oponent gets 0 points
    • be equal / odd with your opponent: 10 points for both players.
    Apositive side effect: The late event entrys will be automatically at the bottom.

What doyou think abot that, guys?
    Watch your spaces!
    A Positive instead of apositive
    Do you instead of doyou
    I said, I have OCD
    change that now!
    Watch your spelling!
    Opponent, not oponent.
    :D
  • MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More events please
  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    More events please
    Nothing to do again
    Rysio said:
    Mettiti said:
    More events please
    Nothing to do again
    Although this might mean that the new update is coming soon!
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Olhando assim, realmente teremos coisas boas no futuro.
    O que realmente tem atrapalhado é sempre enfrentar os mesmos oponentes.
    Outra coisa é uma quantidade de pontos negativos, assim como alguns oponentes entram faltando 15 minutos para terminar, jogam uma vez e ficam na frente de quem jogou muitas vezes, pois foi mutilado por jogadores com mãos melhores, ficam sem prêmios decentes, mesmo que fiquem jogando e tentando ficar em frente.
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    GilTrucks said:
    Olhando assim, realmente teremos coisas boas no futuro.
    O que realmente tem atrapalhado é sempre enfrentar os mesmos oponentes.
    Outra coisa é uma quantidade de pontos negativos, assim como alguns oponentes entram faltando 15 minutos para terminar, jogam uma vez e ficam na frente de quem jogou muitas vezes, pois foi mutilado por jogadores com mãos melhores, ficam sem prêmios decentes, mesmo que fiquem jogando e tentando ficar em frente.
    Google translate for friends, it's easy 

: Looking at this, we really will have good things in the future. What has really messed up is always facing the same opponents. Another thing is a number of bad points, just as some opponents enter with 15 minutes left to play, they play once and stand in front of who played many times, as it was mutilated by players with better hands, they do not have decent prizes, even if they stay playing and trying to stay ahead.
    Always like a cheeky non-English post once in a while :)
    edited February 17
    Has the point gain per match won been increased to combat late league entries or not ?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 475 admin
    Mettiti said:
    Has the point gain per match won been increased to combat late league entries or not ?
    Not in the latest. That's in the list of future things to work on.
    No upcoming events? -_-
  • daGmandaGman Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    No upcoming events? -_-
    Think it’s on their list of future things to work on
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Can we rename this thread "let's talk about the lack of events"?
  • ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin, so Hutch, can you guys tell us what’s really happening in the after update? No daily’s, no info whatsoever on upcoming events. Besides getting still the same adversaries on the events and the same matchmaking problems.
This discussion has been closed.