General Discussion

Extended Daily?

2»

Comments

  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    This alteration in event end-time is to create a short break in events during our work hours so we can migrate the servers to the new event system, which the Jaguar update will make use of. My understanding is you shouldn't see any changes until the Jaguar update goes out though.
    Thanks Tim. After the migration are we going back to the old event times? Not the best, but better than 5am, lol. 
    We have no immediate intentions on switching from 10pm GMT. The main reason it is 10pm now is that is the peak time for Top Drives.



    That's fair enough, if most people are playing at 10pm organically without prejudice to event times.

    Our of curiosity, are there any tentative plans for making regional event times?

    I think 10pm is a great time for events to change because it is a good bedtime for most.
    i would love it if Asia could also have 10pm times by making events stagger-start by region.

    I'm sure it wouldn't be high up on the agenda but it seems like it would be plausible to implement.

    Might even help relieve stress on your servers if people aren't all playing en-masse at 10pm GMT every day
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    This alteration in event end-time is to create a short break in events during our work hours so we can migrate the servers to the new event system, which the Jaguar update will make use of. My understanding is you shouldn't see any changes until the Jaguar update goes out though.
    Thanks Tim. After the migration are we going back to the old event times? Not the best, but better than 5am, lol. 
    We have no immediate intentions on switching from 10pm GMT. The main reason it is 10pm now is that is the peak time for Top Drives.



    That's fair enough, if most people are playing at 10pm organically without prejudice to event times.

    Our of curiosity, are there any tentative plans for making regional event times?

    I think 10pm is a great time for events to change because it is a good bedtime for most.
    i would love it if Asia could also have 10pm times by making events stagger-start by region.

    I'm sure it wouldn't be high up on the agenda but it seems like it would be plausible to implement.

    Might even help relieve stress on your servers if people aren't all playing en-masse at 10pm GMT every day
    They'll need more servers then, which is not going to happen :'(
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    @TGPD

    I'm not that knowledgeable on this area, but why would they need more servers? 

    I thought it would spread the load on the existing servers to various times of the day.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    @TGPD

    I'm not that knowledgeable on this area, but why would they need more servers? 

    I thought it would spread the load on the existing servers to various times of the day.
    It's another one of those good ideas, but it's just not going to happen in the near future
  • GilTrucksGilTrucks Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    No Brasil, os eventos terminam as 20h. É agradável.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys the current daily ends in 40 minutes
    the next starts in 2 hours and 40 minutes
    we have 2 hours of nothingness!
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    guys the current daily ends in 40 minutes
    the next starts in 2 hours and 40 minutes
    we have 2 hours of nothingness!
    Maybe 2 hours I could actually work. My boss will be happy about it...............
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaco said:
    TGPD said:
    guys the current daily ends in 40 minutes
    the next starts in 2 hours and 40 minutes
    we have 2 hours of nothingness!
    Maybe 2 hours I could actually work. My boss will be happy about it...............
    well stop getting distracted in the first place..
  • JacoJaco Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Jaco said:
    TGPD said:
    guys the current daily ends in 40 minutes
    the next starts in 2 hours and 40 minutes
    we have 2 hours of nothingness!
    Maybe 2 hours I could actually work. My boss will be happy about it...............
    well stop getting distracted in the first place..
    Well, almost alone here, everyone is celebrating Carnaval in this moment, but I am defending the fortress here.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    I'd rather they avoid putting on events if there will be an update imminent. Avoid the whole merc finals fiasco.

    I'm hoping they are changing the event times though.

    I am sick and tired of dropping down in tier prizes because of the 6am change over of events. I do not wake up before 6, ever!
    They only changed the event time endings a couple of months or so ago, unfortunately it’s impossible to please everyone with this. 


    Yeh I think I was around when they brought it forward 3 hours. It used to be 9am then it was 6am.

    I certainly preferred 9am over 6!

    10pm finish is fine for me in the uk

    10pm would be ideal!

    I had previously suggested 4pm GMT being the time that would allow most people to play.right now the whole of Asia is finishing around 4 to 7am.


  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    This alteration in event end-time is to create a short break in events during our work hours so we can migrate the servers to the new event system, which the Jaguar update will make use of. My understanding is you shouldn't see any changes until the Jaguar update goes out though.
    Thanks Tim. After the migration are we going back to the old event times? Not the best, but better than 5am, lol. 
    We have no immediate intentions on switching from 10pm GMT. The main reason it is 10pm now is that is the peak time for Top Drives.



    That's fair enough, if most people are playing at 10pm organically without prejudice to event times.

    Our of curiosity, are there any tentative plans for making regional event times?

    I think 10pm is a great time for events to change because it is a good bedtime for most.
    i would love it if Asia could also have 10pm times by making events stagger-start by region.

    I'm sure it wouldn't be high up on the agenda but it seems like it would be plausible to implement.

    Might even help relieve stress on your servers if people aren't all playing en-masse at 10pm GMT everyday.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.