General Discussion

Teamwork: Good or bad?

2»

Comments

• BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    To all these moaners in both threads that say they dont feel it's right, I am making a do not help list and will honor your wish, PM me or just reply here if you would like on this list so i can honor your wish as well. I will never help these people on this list, even if later they want or need my help, it's just not happening. 

This game gives you choices to spend your gold how you wish, there is no right or wrong way to spend it, or rules on this would have been made already. 

I had to change my facebook account because so many people were trying to message me , friend me, and all want me to help, i can not hide from all the people asking for help, especially on this forum, but i have always been cool and have helped when i could.
    I don't just help random people either, they have to be known around the forum, I've even had some get upset at me because i told them, i don't know them and wouldn't help them.
  • daGmandaGman Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Bugatti said:
    To all these moaners in both threads that say they dont feel it's right, I am making a do not help list and will honor your wish, PM me or just reply here if you would like on this list so i can honor your wish as well. I will never help these people on this list, even if later they want or need my help, it's just not happening. 

This game gives you choices to spend your gold how you wish, there is no right or wrong way to spend it, or rules on this would have been made already. 

I had to change my facebook account because so many people were trying to message me , friend me, and all want me to help, i can not hide from all the people asking for help, especially on this forum, but i have always been cool and have helped when i could.
    I don't just help random people either, they have to be known around the forum, I've even had some get upset at me because i told them, i don't know them and wouldn't help them.

I wish Hutch would change the display names in events. Like first name and initial of the last for this reason. Haven’t had too many people reach out on Facebook but I find it kinda creepy haha. But more than willing to help out as long as they’re close. 
    Post edited by daGman on
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Mettiti said:
    Bugatti said:
    There is no point in even going into a discussion about this here seriously with all the drama lol

There is about 10% here that don't agree and will not help and don't want help.

Then there is 90% here that will gladly help other players here get into the top with them. 

What else is there to really know or say ?
    We definitely have the freedom to talk about it 
    Just because most are okay with it doesn't mean it's right 
    Metti, out of curiosity what do you mean when you say communism? 

It's also worth noting that this isn't a public space, it's a private forum with moderators, content filers etc. Freedom of expression is routinely curtailed in these sort of spaces.
  • TD42792TD42792 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:

Lol, not sure I have seen one single moaner in this thread, just people expressing views on how they like to play the game.
    And yes you do what you want with your gold.
    I actually think the way the topic has been debated is helpful to understand motivations and actual practices, rather than guessing who does what. I for instance have a better perception of what you do now because you have explained it.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    This forum is here to discuss TopDrives things, so yes it makes sense to discuss this topic here. The more people are discouraged to post opinions or questions, the less relevant this forum becomes.
    Also, because the (vocal) majority think it is ok, it does not make it right. Imagine the history of humanity if prevailing opinions, political parties or practices had never been challenged.

Now that this is cleared, regarding the topic at hand, I have already mentioned it in the past and will re-iterate the fact that I am not really in support of such practices. Of course I have myself coordinated with other forum players in events, or benefited from not being hit here and there, but I do think it was always in a moderate manner, where a certain player was not unduly targeted or particularly picked on.

A group of people coordinating to attack a single weaker player is pretty much the definition of bullying. Almost more importantly in my mind, it is not fair play. This is a game and I find it fun to try and beat my opponents by using a strategy. I really would not enjoy getting a prize that was handed to me because a forum buddy bumped me intentionally with a weaker hand.
    Agree with you on this 100%

• MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    Bugatti said:
    There is no point in even going into a discussion about this here seriously with all the drama lol

There is about 10% here that don't agree and will not help and don't want help.

Then there is 90% here that will gladly help other players here get into the top with them. 

What else is there to really know or say ?
    We definitely have the freedom to talk about it 
    Just because most are okay with it doesn't mean it's right 
    Metti, out of curiosity what do you mean when you say communism? 

It's also worth noting that this isn't a public space, it's a private forum with moderators, content filers etc. Freedom of expression is routinely curtailed in these sort of spaces.
    I would guess specifically modding comments on either side of this would put hutch on one side of the argument
    Which I'm curious to know
    But till then 
    I'll ramble on my man
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:

Please name this list in the forum :wink: name and shame!
  • ZaphodZaphod Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    The conversation is redundant.  An advantage can be gained by working together therefore people will do it.  That's before you consider that man is a social animal and ALWAYS forms teams.

The only way you can prevent it entirely is to remove any form of communication between players, and that's not going to happen.

Like it or not it's part of the meta game and no reasoned debate (from the OP) hand wringing, pearl clutching or bitching about it (not suggesting that's from the OP) is going to change that.

Indeed, if it’s possible and gives advantage people will do it. I wouldn’t expect anyone not to do it as long as it’s allowed.

It doesn't mean that the conversation is redundant. It might or might not lead into anything, but not discussing it will definitely lead to nothing so why not discuss it. If the general opinion is that this is a problem then maybe the folks at Hutch will take note and address it. If not, well, it's interesting to read what people think.
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    Bugatti said:

Don't please! Exactly this might end in bullying by Bugatti fanboys ;)
    I'm sure many of us have some kind of personal hate list / nemesis....well, I have atleast.
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I got worked over by a duo in the last Ford event. They are on my list! 
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    oo we have a little attention seeker here
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    Bugatti said:

I'm sure many of us have some kind of personal hate list / nemesis....well, I have atleast.
    Haha come on Thomas we all know you’re his biggest fanboy :wink:
  • TomTurboTomTurbo Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    Bugatti said:

Not yet, he'd need to change region to be in our brackets, then we can become his fanboys!  :p
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    Bugatti said:

Not yet, he'd need to change region to be in our brackets, then we can become his fanboys!  :p
    Some say..... @Bugatti has a European brother
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    TomTurbo said:
    Danny said:
    Bugatti said:

:D 
2»