General Discussion

New Event ending times?

HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's with the event end times this week?  Some events end at the normal time and some end ~13 hours later.  Is this temporary or the norm from here on out?

Comments

• MettitiMettiti Member Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would end me it this is perksnper
  • Dale96Dale96 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    I hope they don’t change the original times they are perfect for me
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    That makes sense.  Glad to hear it won't be permanent.  Thanks for the update, Robin.
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 444 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    What's with the event end times this week?  Some events end at the normal time and some end ~13 hours later.  Is this temporary or the norm from here on out?
    They have been ending at 11am to allow us to do event maintenence.

Additionally, players said they didn't want events interrupted through updates, too. So I'm setting up events in a cautious way to potentially allow for an update, minimalising impact on players.
    Can we ask if the update is the fixed bugs update or the potential jaguar update?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 577 admin
    edited February 14
    It will be a content update. So new cars, new powerful event criteria system, bug fixes.
    Sounds good!! 3 things in one update. Has Christmas come early?
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny said:
    DUh cHriStmAs iS oVer Hahahahh
    Huskic69 said:
    Danny said:
    DUh cHriStmAs iS oVer Hahahahh
    There’s another one this year around the 25th December I’ve heard. Seems there’s one every year. Who would of thought it?!
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Dale96 said:
    Event times will change come March 25th with Daylight savings time change. This is confirmed by Hutch support through in game help, all events will end 1 hour later meaning ... game over for me, as for many others.  
  • prexprex Member Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:
    Event times will change come March 25th with Daylight savings time change. This is confirmed by Hutch support through in game help, all events will end 1 hour later meaning ... game over for me, as for many others.  
    Your country doesn't have daylight saving time?
    prex said:
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:
    Your country doesn't have daylight saving time?
    it does. The events will not end at the current time but rather move one hour ahead along with daylight saving time change. Right now my events end midnight. After March 25 they will end 1am. 
    edited February 15
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:
    Event times will change come March 25th with Daylight savings time. This is confirmed by Hutch support through in game help, all events will end 1 hour later meaning ... game over for me, as for many others.  
    I'm the person that does the events. I think that question came through to me. We will seek to have events end at Top Drives peak times.

I think I said that we might have to actively change events to conform with DST.
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushing it one hour will definitely benefit east Asia. Events will finish 7am instead 6am. I like that!
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:
    Event times will change come March 25th with Daylight savings time. This is confirmed by Hutch support through in game help, all events will end 1 hour later meaning ... game over for me, as for many others.  
    I'm the person that does the events. I think that question came through to me. We will seek to have events end at Top Drives peak times.

I think I said that we might have to actively change events to conform with DST.
    @Hutch_Robin not sure if it was you! Your names don't match the in game forums :neutral: 
    As far as i understand, the events will end 1 hour later. Support said they will keep a close eye and if the participation is affected they change the end time. 
    TopDives said:
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:

@Hutch_Robin not sure if it was you! Your names don't match the in game forums :neutral: 
    As far as i understand, the events will end 1 hour later. Support said they will keep a close eye and if the participation is affected they change the end time. 
    Yeah, I'm not customer support, but support will have to ask the game team for answers they don't know. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on peak times of Top Drives.
    @TopDives But, if they move one hour, as time does, there is no difference? Currently it ends 10 pm GMT+0; it will be 10 pm GMT+1 for summer. This will be the same for your country–it will still end midnight. Or will they move events an extra hour to 11 pm GMT+1?
    TopDives said:
    Dale96 said:

Peak time is whenever  you set the events to end 
    Just don't pick a time that doesn't make sense
  • BrettBrett Member Posts: 25
    They are always going to end at a time that doesnt make sense for someone. There are people playing this game all over the world
    edited February 15
    Mettiti said:
    (...)
    Good point!
    edited February 15
    prex said:
    @TopDives But, if they move one hour, as time does, there is no difference? Currently it ends 10 pm GMT+0; it will be 10 pm GMT+1 for summer. This will be the same for your country–it will still end midnight. Or will they move events an extra hour to 11 pm GMT+1?
    @prex After March 25th events will end 1 hour later. If it ends 10pm for you right now, it will end 11pm. 
    But that's not that much of an issue right? For the rest, going from 12 to 1am, not going to be able to survive work the next day.
    edited February 15
    Mettiti said:
    No it isn't. Peak time is relatively independent from event end times.
    edited February 15
    Mettiti said:
    No it isn't. Peak time is relatively independent from event end times.
    It seems to me that there is a lot more racing in the last 10 minutes, especially if the prize is good. i think that's what @Mettiti meant.

New ending time seems to be best. Simply end it randomly...
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭
    free ceramic with bad work of free 4x4 and suzuky... now we wait a free carbon.. for this **** of change end time of events... if you know that you do some updates, some work on server.. you can put the end one day later or stops event for 2 days.. but no... we must spend $$ and you are happy... i'm not happy if you said the event are long 2 days or will finish at 23pm the day after.. nad now they are all ends.. are closed...  meh... and no messagges from hutch about this...
    edited February 15
    What happened to the old events...?