General Discussion

Today's tournament

El_MutroEl_Mutro Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
I was under the impression that this weekend the betting from the AI's was going to be a little more loose and I thought whenever possible, you would be matched with. A live person instead of an AI?? Neither of which happened during this tournament.

I know that there were live players, and not sure how Larry did it, ended up with almost $200k, I was a distant 2nd at $60k and ran for the entire 60 mins, losing only one race. Not once did I ever get matched up against Larry and it wasn't until the last two races, with less than 5 mins left in the tourney did I finally get matched up with a live player.

Since this new update, I am racing more AI's than live players and have yet to run up against Larry, when I know he is on. Can this be explained please?

Comments

• LarryDLegendLarryDLegend Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    El_Mutro, you are correct that I raced almost the entire hour except I needed to service my Focus. Check out the Report Bug area and read my "Quid Pro Quo" post. I was kicking serious butt on the mini oval and figure 8 though.
  • SunshineSunshine Member Posts: 10
    Yeah I was in 3rd place for the tournament and I think the only person in the tournament I raced was El_Mutro. Otherwise I did my best using the brz that wasn't really upgraded.
  • StormyStormy Hutch Staff Posts: 70 Wrenchman
    We are in the process of sending out another batch of beta invites so it should help increase you chance of match making! Other then that we are doing out best to come up with solutions to bring everyone as much as possible.
  • El_MutroEl_Mutro Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Thanks Larry, didn't see that one.
    Here's a suggestion, not sure if it is possible, if the "Today's Tournament" is supposed to be a drift challenge...why not incorporate some of the suggestions hummingbird had about drifting, by grading and stuff. It could be an added dynamic to the game, rather than just race. In a drifting challenge, your reward could be based upon your score, or spend money on a multiplier. Say, for example, out of a possible score of 40, you earn a score of 38. With that you could be awarded $10k, with no multiplier. Say if you want to multiply you could spend $5k for a payout 2x multiplier, say $10k for a 3x multiplier. Say for a score of 0-10, no payout, 10-20, you get $2k, 20-30 you $3k, 30-35 you get $4k, 35-40 you get $5k. Make it a cost of $1k or $2k for each race. Not sure if this is feasible, but I think would make a great dynamic to the game
  • SunshineSunshine Member Posts: 10
    Yeah that actually sound good to me
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Wow! You never cease to amaze me.
    Oh, would you please explain the meaning and significance of the promotion, El Mutro? I can't get an answer to my question, please?
    Which promotion are you referring to? For the today's tournament races, it's just a fats and furious set of tracks to earn money. Sometime soon they are looking at doing a tourney where, if you win, you will have the option to name a car or name an AI that would be a permanent fixture in the game when released
    My promotion to level 2.
    edited May 2016
    I'm done doing the today's tournaments. I wasted 30 mins of my time racing AI's as Larry is running away on the leaderboard, And he started racing after I started. I tried doing the glitch that he spoke about and nothing. Not to mention, not once did I get matched up against him. I'm getting sick of racing AI's and getting nothing for it.
    Ok, sorry about that. Had a couple drinks in me plus personal stuff had me irritated as well. That just kinda put me over the edge. Here's my question, during the tournaments, the achievement cash you receive, is that supposed to be added in to your winnings total?? If so, that was not happening and could be why I was not advancing as quickly as Larry. It was odd that the one time I got an achievement for $10k, and the. When I went to the leaderboard, that was what my winnings total was. I thought it odd at the time, but waived it off and kept playing, well, till I let my emotions get the best of me, for which, I truly apologize, again.
    Next time I am going to pay closer attention to my winnings total after each race because I think there may be a glitch in the adding of winnings to the totals.....
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,083 admin
    Thanks for the suggestion of events rewarding drifting, and other mechanics. i will get this across to the designers, to make sure they see it. Off the back of this, I am also thinking of pulling together a feature board where we can display possible features that the design team think might work and giving the option to vote on your favourites.

@Hummingbird, the level 2 promotion is related to forums. There's a separate set of achievements here on the forums that reward things like activity, posting, commenting and voting.

@El_Mutro Apologies for the frustrating mechanics in the weekend tournaments. I agree, it's not very good when the leaderboards are running away and the you are unable to stay in touch due to bugs in the rewarding mechanics.

We are looking closely at the racing from this weekend and some of the issues it has raised.
    I can't find my original post. The one I did find was posted on May 28. I asked this question 2 or 3 times. It was not answered until today. Yes you did finally answere my question, for which I am very grateful. I have a big article to write and I am caring for my grandchildren. I am looking forward to racing, analyzing and commenting, tomorrow evening. Thank you for addressing these important issues.