General Discussion

Matchmaking and League entries

2»

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CometDan in the lasts events, rq140, i see players with less of 8k trophy.. but today i enter serpentine and bmw event and i find only people with over 8k trophy and league are empty, we are only 50/60 players... when one week ago when i enter a similar event, this is full in one hour or less...
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ive been absent for 1 month from the forum just waiting for matchmaking to get improved. And after all this time it still sucks! Every daily top 10 have 1-2 bugatti, every other event top 10-15 guys have same hands. When will the gaps begin to show??? Do I have to wait 6 months to get into my level brackets????
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trophies still don't reflect the true potential of players' garages. That's all that needs to be improved.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been what 2 months since the new trophy system came in? As an example, a player, (let’s call him Eric) in that time has increased 2000 trophies to be at 8000 while seemingly still having success in all the major competitions, another player, who shall remain nameless has increased from 49,000 trophies to 50,000 without getting a tier one prize in any major competition. 
    Now apologies if my maths are wrong but if that trend continued it would take “Eric” 8 years to be at the same trophy count, if the plan is for the brackets to be tightened to give a more balanced competition for players that’s what your looking at. 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's call him Eric has become a joke now…
    TGPD said:
    Let's call him Eric has become a joke now…
    You’re a joke. 
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    yes, I couldn't agree more. back at rq120 I was always in a bracket of not much more than 10 players, but strong ones. now in in rq130 I'm always in a full group of 100 players, but not so strong ones, no one had more than one Bugatti.

maybe hutch should give us some more transparency? 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s been what 2 months since the new trophy system came in? As an example, a player, (let’s call him Eric) in that time has increased 2000 trophies to be at 8000 while seemingly still having success in all the major competitions, another player, who shall remain nameless has increased from 49,000 trophies to 50,000 without getting a tier one prize in any major competition. 
    Now apologies if my maths are wrong but if that trend continued it would take “Eric” 8 years to be at the same trophy count, if the plan is for the brackets to be tightened to give a more balanced competition for players that’s what your looking at. 
    I forgive you, but your maths is wrong.

lets say he’s gaining 3,000 a month and you’re getting 500 / month, he’s getting 36,000 a year vs you will get something like 6,000 a year.  He’ll overtake you in 18 months or so, assuming nothing else changes.

But of course other things are changing, and this is, I imagine, a severe edge case.  How many players are above 10k trophies? I’ve been playing since autumn almost every day and have 5k trophies.

It sucks for you to be that edge case, it really does, but it can’t be the focus of the devs time, they have to concentrate on the thick middle rather than the thin edges.
    I forgive you, but your maths is wrong.

lets say he’s gaining 3,000 a month and you’re getting 500 / month, he’s getting 36,000 a year vs you will get something like 6,000 a year.  He’ll overtake you in 18 months or so, assuming nothing else changes.

But of course other things are changing, and this is, I imagine, a severe edge case.  How many players are above 10k trophies? I’ve been playing since autumn almost every day and have 5k trophies.

It sucks for you to be that edge case, it really does, but it can’t be the focus of the devs time, they have to concentrate on the thick middle rather than the thin edges.
    I beg to differ, he’s gaining give or take 1000 a month, I’m gaining 500 a month, but your forgetting the difference at the moment which is 42000 odd, even for him to catch up if I didn’t earn another trophy would take over 3 years.
    I’m not complaining about my situation, I’m fine with it, I can compete, I was referring to how long the separation will be before he is on a level field with the likes of myself and others that have even greater trophies but comparable garages to his. 
    Sorry I must have misread.  Having said that I was sure he was at zero when the change over happened.
    dodojanik said:
    The new matchmaking works accually really good. I am playing Topdrives since november and did not win a single Daily Challange. Where after the update i have also won ZERO Daily challenges. This game is a seriuos joke.
    Serious question, if the game is so bad why are you still playing after 5 months?
    Sorry I must have misread.  Having said that I was sure he was at zero when the change over happened.
    I’m only surmising on his pre update trophy count, it’s a moot point anyway as I could be talking about any number of players, it’s done now anyway, imho they’ve made a mess of it but I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong if proven so. 
    It's true that the process of people reaching their appropriate level will take a little while, and you could certainly make a coherent arguement that everyone should have had their trophy count set to zero, although I don't think doing that would have been a good idea, and probably would have particularly hit new players coming through.  

I didn't engage with the multiplayer until i'd finished the campaign, at which point I had something like 3000 trophies.  Can you imagine if you'd only started playing the day trophies re-sent? You'd only just be seeing the likes of Eric leaving your trophy level now, and would still have probably months ahead of having to deal with players at my level (6 legendaries, a handful of upgraded but not maxxed epics and a garage of 300+ cars) before things balance out.

Mid ranking players like me would have had a pretty **** time of it too, I would have gone from being competitive to being hammered by the 5 Chiron crew.  It could easily have led to a mass exodus of mid ranking players.

Maybe we're both wrong, IDK, but I have to think that hutch would have gamed through a number of options before making their choice.

YMMV of course.
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 487 admin
    Some good, useful discussion here!

For the record, Eric has gained about 5,000 trophies in the 5 weeks since the change. That still Implies a long time for you two to converge, but to be fair you two are probably within the top 0.1% most extreme players at either end of the spectrum.

In general it seems to be working well, the worst side effect right now is some very sparse leaderboards in some cases. Naturally, we continue to review and think about how it can be improved. 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    When are the guys that are obviously out of my league(around 6000 trophies) go into higher tier brackets?
    Answer: Never! Because every event only 1-3 players get mediocre to high trophy count addition when they win, which in 99% still leaves them in my reach anyway... other 30 OP players who couldnt get the tier 1 prize, but are still ridiculously superior to me in every terrain/condition will float around me for next 6 months by getting a +10 at end of event. Is this the idea of the great new matchmaking?
    edited April 2018

The groups are so small in the high trophy daily event people are even joining at the last moment to try and nick an aluminium pack rather than playing and getting destroyed. All’s good though in the trophy system. :smiley:
2»