General Discussion

Highway to Wealth

ThunkcoThunkco Member Posts: 4
i feel like the highway to wealth needs some love, instead of feeling like I am winning I feel like I’m losing. All across the board the game feels like it halts my forward progress, where as in the first game I had at least multiple tracks and vehicles I could work on, this feels like I’m stuck working on a track till I’m bored with it using a vehicle that is maxed out. I guess I’m just saying it feels really grindy. 

Comments

• Kratos4204lifeKratos4204life Member Posts: 4
    I've done nothing but loss the highway to wealth even with wasting 15k gem stew u and ur game at this point ...i can't believe the only way for me to upgrade my car is to gt ur stupid prestige points tht I can only try to gt once a day which is impossible how in the hell do I gt 5 bomb in a row if tht doesn't prove this is a rigged scam then I don't know what does
  • SkunkworxSkunkworx Member Posts: 1
    I agree with both of you but 2 nights ago I got my highway to wealth upto 42 !!! Having previously never got past 10. I got so much it’s ridiculous. Either this was a glitch or a system to keep me playing. Unsure but not complaing about the 1200 medals,2500 workshop, 9 fuel and 20k of gems plus plenty of custom colours all with only 2 bombs (I had no more gems to keep going). Next go I got 7 before I had my 3rd bomb. 

Still this game is the grind of all grinds. 
  • SlowButSteadySlowButSteady Member Posts: 5
    What is everyone's H2W strategy? I'm always afraid I'm going to lose, so I just collect at 5 or 10. Is everyone else always pushing to 30+? And how good are the rewards at 30?
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,068 admin
    Things get a lot better if you can get beyond stage 15, but there's a bit risk on hitting some big bombs. makes sense to me to set a gem limit and dont go past it. Can be frustrating  to lose out early but makes sense to be patient.
  • AsmoAsmo Member Posts: 72
    @SlowButSteady As a rule I invest twice (1200 Gems) per run. Sometimes I end up finished on Turn 5 with nothing, sometimes on Turn 21 with some decent wins. I find it annoying though that Prestige is behind a gambling wall with miserable odds (on average) for getting >100 Prestige per run. Makes me not really play the game much, because I have to wait 24h to try again, so I can pimp my rides to advance...
  • VideoDeadVideoDead Member Posts: 3
    Don't think i've ever managed to get up to 5 without getting bombed
    My average so far is End Turn 13, 2000 gems, 110 prestige, 105 paint per day plus a fuel in (so far) 16 out of 50 runs. My personal record so far is Turn 46, which gave me 41175 gems, 420 prestige and 3338 paint and 2 fuels. It was very exciting and entertaining to get there, no doubt, but I understand the frustration about it completely. It's a weird choice to hide game essentials behind a gambling wall.

• ReaverReaver Member Posts: 1
    Personally I get mixed results but always enough rewards to make it worth while.
    I keep 6k gems from videos in the 24hrs between each highway, I pay for 3 lives 200, 1000 and 4000, after the 4k life I quit and collect my rewards, the game can see a pattern you are using im sure, so keep mixing up the box you chose.
    Been playing a week now and have prestige the monster and have 1200 points for whatever prestige I choose next, my main vehicles have 6 points min in decor too.
  • TacoBandito342TacoBandito342 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 30
    I got a bomb 2nd pick 2 days in a row! Im on a roll folks
    Post edited by TacoBandito342 on
  • SlowButSteadySlowButSteady Member Posts: 5
    @Asmo I've adopted your technique. I let myself hit two bombs and then I quit.  My personal quitting exceptions are if the next miles are 14, 19, or 27-29, and then I stop after I get the customization item. If I bomb again at 14 or 19 I take the 1200 gem hit and back out with nothing, but if i hit it at 27+ I'll pay the 4k and keep going.  The one time I hit two bombs on 27-28 I took the 5200 gem hit and backed out. I've never gotten to 30 without at least two bombs, so I've never seen past it, but getting there a few times was as thrilling as you say.  I like that you're keeping running averages. I love looking at stats like that and I am totally going to start keeping track of my own winnings.  I feel like keeping figures in Excel or a similar spreadsheet might be beneficial to see how things change over time, as I think that they are tweeking win percentages according to the level of frustration of user reports, trying to hone in on that sweet spot of making things difficult but exciting without being frustrating and unfair.  (Although unfair is probably a bad word choice, it has to be unfair.  If things were comletely fair, the odds of getting to mile 30 would be 1 in 747, assuming a 1 in 4 chance of getting a bomb 23 times (30 minus the guaranteed safe miles on miles 1 and subsequent prize levels).  So lets thank them for riging it a little bit in our favor!) It seems pretty good now.  In the past week I've gotten both a 30 mile run and 2 bombs by 10, so I think that they might have found the sweet spot.
    Nice job @SlowButSteady I plan on putting all stats into my statistics software to analyse the data-structure and make pretty graphs to share here, as soon as I hit 100 date entries (I'm at 56 now). 100 makes everything beautifully easy to put in percentage terms, so I save brainpower and time ^.^
  • Hutch_DemorphicHutch_Demorphic Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 1,068 admin
    Would be nice to see that data visualised Asmo.