General Discussion

Patch 5.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• RawelRawel Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    anyone see any difference with points in drag races? it was supposed to be changed ("adjusted down"), but el camino still loses 190 points vs mclaren in monaco. can it be that only points in multiplayer have changed? or maybe I don't understand something?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does the 037 Rally not have off-road tires?
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Why does the 037 Rally not have off-road tires?
    Because they Rally must of forgot  :p
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    i wait my Lancia Delta HF Integrale with All terrain or off road tyres.. but nothing :(
  • wheat0rwheat0r Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    So who have test new 650s and 675LT?
  • RysioRysio Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    Updates looking like a nothingburger. No stelvio, have the 037 but not the rally version, and lacking of new features to keep people interested... waited a month for this...
    Our last update before this one was only three weeks ago.

We are a small team. We are not able to regularly release updates with new features, which require a huge amount of work. We have released regular updates featuring new cars, environments, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements. I would recommend tempering your expectations to avoid disappointment.
    You don't need to release new update every month.It will be better if you do one big one every two months in my opinion.
    The way to keep players playing is to run some big events with nice prize cars and not once a month.Last few main events was disappointed for me.Event with mg/vauxhall.OMG what was that?Almost all top8  run the same cars.3 days of boring event I waited for whole month.
    wheat0r said:
    So who have test new 650s and 675LT?
    720 033
    675 303
    650 303
  • Olli8888Olli8888 Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    Sorry nvm
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    anyone see any difference with points in drag races? it was supposed to be changed ("adjusted down"), but el camino still loses 190 points vs mclaren in monaco. can it be that only points in multiplayer have changed? or maybe I don't understand something?
    so happy I'm not the only one  :smile:

@hutch can you tell us please if the adjusted drag points do already effect the game and if so what about the current events and players with or without the update?
    Rawel said:
    so happy I'm not the only one  :smile:

@hutch can you tell us please if the adjusted drag points do already effect the game and if so what about the current events and players with or without the update?
    I'd say it is
    without the update
    0-100-0 did never score that heavy
  • wheat0rwheat0r Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    650s at 1.3/1.3/1.3 beats 12c at 2.3/1.3/1.3 on 1/2 mile drags. 
    650s at 1.3/1.3/1.3 draws to 12c at 2.3/1.3/1.3 on 1 mile drags. 
    675LT at 1.3/1.3/1.3 beats 12c at 2.3/1.3/1.3 on both 1/2 mile drags and 1 mile drags.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great update imho, far more fun hunting these cars out and being able to max them fairly cheaply to match up against existing cars. Personally I find it more fun than grinding to try and max out S cars you have little chance in pulling in the first place unless you spend real money, each to their own though. 
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Or check the Impala...
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    How do u do that fuse thing
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    Like the update. Like the addition of the new cars. Dislike the nerfing of the 650s. Seems every car I get that can beat the 12C in a straight line gets nerfed.
  • mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemez said:
    Or check the Impala...
    Oh. That’s the six cylinder model. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Member Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Does anyone dislike the styling on the Alfa SZ?
    Is there something wrong with your eyes?
  • Goodhews89Goodhews89 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    While I quite enjoy the SZ, I can certainly see where some would dislike it
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Also hutch why no Italian packs.
    I doubt they would do a CF Italian pack since there are only 5 ultra rares in the latest update (and then there are the Paganis), unless I'm missing something?
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    No, by that I mean I love the styling and struggle to find a reason to dislike it. So futuristic.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    th1318 said:
    Updates looking like a nothingburger. No stelvio, have the 037 but not the rally version, and lacking of new features to keep people interested... waited a month for this...
    Our last update before this one was only three weeks ago.

We are a small team. We are not able to regularly release updates with new features, which require a huge amount of work. We have released regular updates featuring new cars, environments, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements. I would recommend tempering your expectations to avoid disappointment.
    Take your time guys. Us players don't really expect you to come up with thousands of cards in a day. Maybe push small updates, like once every 2 weeks adding small amounts of highly requested cards to existing manufacturers. Maybe make an update after this to put the 037 rally or Stelvio Quadrifoglio in the game. How about that? I personally don't know how much time it takes to create a card but I can't imagine it to take more than 48 hours.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Administrator, Hutch Staff Posts: 577 admin
    edited May 17
    TGPD said:
    Take your time guys. Us players don't really expect you to come up with thousands of cards in a day. Maybe push small updates, like once every 2 weeks adding small amounts of highly requested cards to existing manufacturers. Maybe make an update after this to put the 037 rally or Stelvio Quadrifoglio in the game. How about that? I personally don't know how much time it takes to create a card but I can't imagine it to take more than 48 hours.
    It takes way longer than than 48 hours from having a curated list of cards to getting them in Top Drives. We have licencing agreements with manufacturers, we have to get approval of specific models, we then work with Evo to gather the statistics, we have to resolve all vehicles on all challenges for the game, we have to assemble photos, assign RQ and Rarity etc.

We are happy to look at getting missing models from existing manufacturers in Top Drives. The best way to do that is for players to assemble lists by manufacturers of all the cars they think would be worthwhile. The sooner there are lists, the sooner we can put them through the process to try and get them in the game.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol was saving gold for this update but I dont think I will use it on brand packs. Maybe if they do an Italian CF instead of brands.
  • th1318th1318 Member Posts: 31
    How long would it take to add single player levels that are targeted towards end game people? Something that is really hard/impossible to complete but would reward a legendary reward. I think working on something like that would add more value than a handful of cars. I can imagine the nightmare it is to try and get licensing agreements but I think there are other things that are more important atleast to me than new cars. 
  • RidingDutchmanRidingDutchman Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    th1318 said:
    How long would it take to add single player levels that are targeted towards end game people? Something that is really hard/impossible to complete but would reward a legendary reward. I think working on something like that would add more value than a handful of cars. I can imagine the nightmare it is to try and get licensing agreements but I think there are other things that are more important atleast to me than new cars. 
    It would be great for end game people with amazing garages to have an "easy" way to win a legendary, trouble I see with that is that they are probably the (only) people who already have the reward legendary and it would become like the Pikes Peak thing where it just makes the strong even stronger.

A better idea for me personally would be to perhaps have special "skins" for those end-game players. A way to upgrade (for example) their lancia delta to a rally skin version or to add a race car skin to their audi R8. Have them be the same stats as the regular one but just look different. It gives something special to collect without giving an in-game advantage
    you mean like this