General Discussion

80s Backcountry Adventure [EVENT]

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭
    @ZotZe i'm in your league... hope to reach this stupid silver or gold tier.. i need money and ceramics too!!! :D
  • samagoichisamagoichi Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭
    Bucks73 said:
    ZotZe said:
    Best jimny setup for hillclimb?

just finish mine but I still have to compare it to a 330 Frontera who won against my 303 Jimny in wet Hillclimb. I was shocked. 
    Please let me know how it goes, I'm fusing a Jimny now, but if I should put the resources into a Fonterra instead it would be good to know, thanks
    Jimny won. 

• mikesmikes Member Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Mehari 303 just beat a Blazer 303 in the slalom. Did not expect that.
    So, I did the update, and after cruzing along I am now in a group with 40778. Damn. He does lack a Metro though. I also see @ATSR_997 is here.
  • ATSR_997ATSR_997 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    mikes said:
    So, I did the update, and after cruzing along I am now in a group with 40778. Damn. He does lack a Metro though. I also see @ATSR_997 is here.
    Me and my mediocre hand welcome you Mike!

I just saw that we are together in all 3 events. Let’s hope that Eric Shih and the other heavy hitters don’t join 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ljhcjp said:
    ljhcjp said:

@LittleEnosBurdette
    What’s your in game name? Think I’m in your bracket... I don’t have the luxury of an MG tho 
    Paul Roxburgh, what’s yours? You near the top?

edited to say I know who you are now, I’ll avoid you. 
    Cheers mate :) 
    No problem, let me know if you update and leave so I can play your ghost. 
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:

I just saw that we are together in all 3 events. Let’s hope that Eric Shih and the other heavy hitters don’t join 
    lol, yeah. I guess we're the only two who updated in North America with our trophy count.
    mikes said:
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:

lol, yeah. I guess we're the only two who updated in North America with our trophy count.
    Is there anything we can do to block the upgrade until tomorrow for the rest of North America? ;)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:

Is there anything we can do to block the upgrade until tomorrow for the rest of North America? ;)
    Hey guys!  Long time no see!
    HeissRod said:
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:
    ATSR_997 said:
    mikes said:

Hey guys!  Long time no see!
    Welcome Steve! 
  • dunowedunowe Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Where do you put your Mehari so you don t loose too much points from it?
    I can't seem to get it right... costed me some 3 star victories already
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    Slalom is my first choice. Then G force, then motocross. I try to avoid dirt road and hill climbs.
    mikes said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    Slalom is my first choice. Then G force, then motocross. I try to avoid dirt road and hill climbs.
    i lost with 139 in a g force just10 minutes ago, thats why i asked.
    The 2 jimny, 2 pathfinder, 1 quattro team is probably better than an offset team with mehari
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    The 2 jimny, 2 pathfinder, 1 quattro team is probably better than an offset team with mehari
    I guess it depends on the offset used. I've faced hands like that and won easily. My team is
    MG Metro
    Jimny
    '87 Patrol
    Mehari
    '88 Vectra GSi

dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    If you run anything other than a 6r4 I don’t think the mehari is worth it. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Member Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭
    a lot forumers are with you @LittleEnosBurdette ; what's your hand and hand of other forumer? because i see you two with 0 loss :open_mouth: 
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    I am running the 6R4, but in 111 tune.
    Winning 169 in a drag race with the Metro only to loose 139 with the mehari got me wondering...
    (might as well be im placing the cars wrong :-) 
  • CometDanCometDan Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    a lot forumers are with you @LittleEnosBurdette ; what's your hand and hand of other forumer? because i see you two with 0 loss :open_mouth: 
    We’re running Metro’s, I just took a loss when I was trying to experiment against someone else with a Metro and it didn’t work! 
    CometDan said:
    mauro07 said:
    We’re running Metro’s, I just took a loss when I was trying to experiment against someone else with a Metro and it didn’t work! 
    I wondered where the loss came from, thought I was going to get the blame. 
    dunowe said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    dunowe said:
    mikes said:
    I am running the 6R4, but in 111 tune.
    Winning 169 in a drag race with the Metro only to loose 139 with the mehari got me wondering...
    (might as well be im placing the cars wrong :-) 
    Yeh possibly you would need to have your 6r4 maxed fella, I know some sets against a more balanced hand a maxed metro just pulls you through by 30 odd points. 
    CometDan said:
    mauro07 said:
    All self inflicted! 
    CometDan said:
    CometDan said:
    mauro07 said:
    All self inflicted! 
    The 2nd one too I presume is the same set, I haven’t raced in a while, 3rd guy running a 6r4? Has the change in points for the drags affected the selection choice maybe. 🤔
    This was the guy with the well rounded hand, he’s got 330 Jimneys which beat my Frontera up the wet hill leaving the Metro too much to do! 
  • AntounAntoun Member Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    ppedras said:
    @Antoun can you beat the guy in 1st? I didn’t wanted to enter in a “war” with him since I’m often with him in events. 
    I’m avoiding you and @bluedogsnoop
    Hi Pedro ! Sorry for answering late, I was working... Happens sometimes ! Lol

I’m doing my last upgrade and I will try to beat him, but if I can’t it’s not a problem, I would be happy with Tiers 2
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    @RobGripes You want a top 2? I can feed you heaps of wins and keep the others down if you want.
    Hey mate. That's kind but no need this time. Cheers though
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Which one is better for rainy hill, patrol88 or frontera?
  • ppedrasppedras Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭

@bluedogsnoop the guy in 2nd can defeat me in some sets, not sure how many, so I don’t want to mess too much with him. But if you manage to stay really close to him like that I can make a final press just in the end. Save 2 or 3 tickets to the last 5 minutes.
    mazeoops said:
    Frontera I believe. 
  • mazeoopsmazeoops Member Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    mazeoops said:
    Frontera I believe. 
    Thanks. I am going to upgrade frontera
  • JayJay Member Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Jay said:
    @RobGripes You want a top 2? I can feed you heaps of wins and keep the others down if you want.
    Hey mate. That's kind but no need this time. Cheers though
    Oh OK. Well your in second anyway haha.