General Discussion

Porsche 918 Spyder Finals [EVENT]

12122232426

Comments

  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @Jay. I was really nervous for ya. I know how bad you wanted it.
  • JayJay Member Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @Jay. I was really nervous for ya. I know how bad you wanted it.
    Thanks!

    Yeah pretty bad haha. I needed a S Performance 4wd badly and something that would stop me getting stomped by a Bugatti. Got both in 1 so I am pretty happy haha.
  • TopDivesTopDives Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
    pmglfv said:
    TopDives said:
    @pmglfv
    Huge thanks to Pedro, i could not have done it without you. I owe you big time!
    we also have to thank @ritter_sebo who did not attack me so that I could help you


    Thank you for your help also @ritter_sebo ;
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Missed out. 9th.
    AGAIN.
    very well I know what you mean. I bubbeld the Lotus Finals and even today I do not want to look at the 2-Eleven GT4. 

    Let's hope we will get one day a second chance!
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to b silent for I do not desire your praise but only wish to inform U of deeds of goodness.  For once outside of 12th, I gave 2 forumers at least 5 wins each....dropped to 15th or so and tried to give the only other member I could reach, a few too.  So, without naming names....your welcome For my humble and selfless actions  I deserve only minor praise, so please resist ur urge to applause.  I am no angel but perhaps closer to a saint.  Maybe I can be an example to all.... of what a true forum member should be.  I hope you are all resting easy after the tensions of the recent battle.  Until next time compatriots!!!
    Havent heard from @AJtheCaveman.....did u make it?


    Hey that’s great mate, it really is and what this forum should be about, so good work!

    Shout out to @Jay and @RobGripes who have both done this for me in other events but also don’t expect anything in return for it other than helping another forum guy. They rock!
  • ElPurtzoElPurtzo Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I ended up 13th in my bracket. Got 2 epics with a hand not that strong so I'm fine with it. Still no prize car for me though, need to try again in the next large events.
  • SlicedBreadSlicedBread Member Posts: 29
    edited June 14
    Gsearch said:
    Thank you to all the guys in my event.  i finished 8th and got the 918.  The work that these guy put in was incredible and a ton of fun. 

    Thanks to all of you that are frustrated for keeping it clean while expressing your distaste for the server issues.

    Mostly, I love being grumpy
    ****
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    It's very frustrating to have server issues in the final minutes of big events. We're sorry that anyone experienced this.

    The cause is related to high server load - a large number of races in the final few minutes.

    We will be looking at a solution that will hopefully fix this in the future, and are looking to conduct load tests to reproduce this and test the solution.

    There can be delays in receiving prizes. If you haven't received them yet, they should be through soon and may be directly in your holding pool.
    Thats a lame excuse hutch, could have come with something else, if the server crash was caused by "a large number of races in the last minutes", how ** then bugatti didnt crash the servers in the pagani finals??
    Post edited by Gsearch on
  • BugattiBugatti Member Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    It's very frustrating to have server issues in the final minutes of big events. We're sorry that anyone experienced this.

    The cause is related to high server load - a large number of races in the final few minutes.

    We will be looking at a solution that will hopefully fix this in the future, and are looking to conduct load tests to reproduce this and test the solution.

    There can be delays in receiving prizes. If you haven't received them yet, they should be through soon and may be directly in your holding pool.
    Thats a lame excuse hutch, could have come with something else, if the server crash was caused by "a large number of races in the last minutes", how df then bugatti didnt crash the servers in the pagani finals??
    I actually didn't race last 4 hours of pagani finals cause i dropped out of the races.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugatti said:
    Huskic69 said:
    It's very frustrating to have server issues in the final minutes of big events. We're sorry that anyone experienced this.

    The cause is related to high server load - a large number of races in the final few minutes.

    We will be looking at a solution that will hopefully fix this in the future, and are looking to conduct load tests to reproduce this and test the solution.

    There can be delays in receiving prizes. If you haven't received them yet, they should be through soon and may be directly in your holding pool.
    Thats a lame excuse hutch, could have come with something else, if the server crash was caused by "a large number of races in the last minutes", how df then bugatti didnt crash the servers in the pagani finals??
    I actually didn't race last 4 hours of pagani finals cause i dropped out of the races.
    But you did more than 300 races in a short period, there is no way that there were 300 races in the last minutes
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been egnoth in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been (enough) in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
    You would have been top 8 in my event, for sure, with that hand.
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been egnoth in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
    In my bracket i think you would have fought for tier 1, but It was not guaranted.
    In your case at least you had a strong hand. There were people winning the 918 without a legendary Porsche, and with 3 Bs
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been egnoth in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
    In my bracket i think you would have fought for tier 1, but It was not guaranted.
    In your case at least you had a strong hand. There were people winning the 918 without a legendary Porsche, and with 3 Bs
    And in their case, that would be considered a smart, strategic play, no? They took a long shot on the only chance they had to win the prize (within the given rule-set), and it payed off for a few of them. Fair play, I say. 
  • XA2XA2 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    While I agree it is not cool to see people win a car like this, this way.. I think it works for very few of them, as most will be put in already started group that were not filled, making it impossible for them to climb. But I do agree it is not fair, although legal as for now if they do not make some changes. 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been egnoth in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
    In my bracket i think you would have fought for tier 1, but It was not guaranted.
    In your case at least you had a strong hand. There were people winning the 918 without a legendary Porsche, and with 3 Bs
    And in their case, that would be considered a smart, strategic play, no? They took a long shot on the only chance they had to win the prize (within the given rule-set), and it payed off for a few of them. Fair play, I say. 
    I could play a little devils advocate here and say that if they win a 918 but their best hand are B Classes, that 918 isn't going to be game changing for them anyway, and they probably couldn't upgrade past 1.3 I think the harder core players would still dominate them in most upper class scenarios.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    Bugatti said:
    Huskic69 said:
    It's very frustrating to have server issues in the final minutes of big events. We're sorry that anyone experienced this.

    The cause is related to high server load - a large number of races in the final few minutes.

    We will be looking at a solution that will hopefully fix this in the future, and are looking to conduct load tests to reproduce this and test the solution.

    There can be delays in receiving prizes. If you haven't received them yet, they should be through soon and may be directly in your holding pool.
    Thats a lame excuse hutch, could have come with something else, if the server crash was caused by "a large number of races in the last minutes", how df then bugatti didnt crash the servers in the pagani finals??
    I actually didn't race last 4 hours of pagani finals cause i dropped out of the races.
    But you did more than 300 races in a short period, there is no way that there were 300 races in the last minutes

    Do you think he raced 300 races all at the same time? 


  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Member, Wrenchmen Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think its very unfair that last minute entries got a "free" 918.

    Many people raced more than 50 times over days, with better hands, and got only tier 2/3


    @topdrives44089 I just saw your post now. sorry for the late reply. 

    if you are referring also to me with the free 918. I do agree, that late entry thing isn't good for the game. BUT I'm not sure if it gave me really a big advantage. I mind have made it also with a early entry. this was my deck


    I think it would been egnoth in some of the early brackets, maybe it would not have been egnoth in an nother late bracket. I don't know.
    In my bracket i think you would have fought for tier 1, but It was not guaranted.
    In your case at least you had a strong hand. There were people winning the 918 without a legendary Porsche, and with 3 Bs
    And in their case, that would be considered a smart, strategic play, no? They took a long shot on the only chance they had to win the prize (within the given rule-set), and it payed off for a few of them. Fair play, I say. 
    I could play a little devils advocate here and say that if they win a 918 but their best hand are B Classes, that 918 isn't going to be game changing for them anyway, and they probably couldn't upgrade past 1.3 I think the harder core players would still dominate them in most upper class scenarios.
    I would agree. And to clarify, while perfectly legal I do find the "Last minute join" tactic an annoying one. So I'm glad a solution is being looked into by some of the smart minds on this forum, including @RobGripes.

    I was just playing a little devils advocate myself :) 
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Huskic69 said:
    Bugatti said:
    Huskic69 said:
    It's very frustrating to have server issues in the final minutes of big events. We're sorry that anyone experienced this.

    The cause is related to high server load - a large number of races in the final few minutes.

    We will be looking at a solution that will hopefully fix this in the future, and are looking to conduct load tests to reproduce this and test the solution.

    There can be delays in receiving prizes. If you haven't received them yet, they should be through soon and may be directly in your holding pool.
    Thats a lame excuse hutch, could have come with something else, if the server crash was caused by "a large number of races in the last minutes", how df then bugatti didnt crash the servers in the pagani finals??
    I actually didn't race last 4 hours of pagani finals cause i dropped out of the races.
    But you did more than 300 races in a short period, there is no way that there were 300 races in the last minutes

    Do you think he raced 300 races all at the same time? 


    you arent really able to read carefully, arent u?
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gsearch i wont tolerate this insults
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobGripes thanks mate feels nice to know that im being spoilt
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

    And in their case, that would be considered a smart, strategic play, no? They took a long shot on the only chance they had to win the prize (within the given rule-set), and it payed off for a few of them. Fair play, I say. 
    It was a smart, strategic and unfair exploit. One thing doesnt eliminate the other
  • AvengedAvenged Member Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    KasaiMist said:
    I hope this isn't too intrusive, but I'm genuinely curious. How much would I have to budget every month to achieve the legendary hands y'all have? I’ve been playing this game for months now but for these types of events I can only late join to even have a chance of achieving a Tier 3. Only spent $20 on slots so far.

    - a newbie forum spectator
    It depends on your luck, I've spent around £70 since October, but I'm certain I'm luckier than most.


    Please tell me you've spent 70 pounds a month and not 70 pounds total to get 8 S tier cars of which at least 3 are game changers.
    Nope, £70 total, maybe £100.  Sorry.  I'll admit to being lucky, bit I also grind.  A lot.  I work from home so I can play literally ALL my tickets every day.  Almost all my legends have come from ceramic packs, if you're grinding properly and investing most of your gold in garage slots opening 2-3 a day is achievable, at that point you're in the hands of the random number generating gods.

    I've had help certainly, and have won a couple of very useful prize cars, I don't think I can claim any particular skill, and I don't pretend that my garage is an average representation, but I've been playing every day since October, and would estimate 3-400 ceramic packs have been opened.

    With a 0.75% drop rate for legendaries from ceramics I and a reasonably large number of CFs opened too the numbers would suggest I <Should> have 3-4 legendaries from drops by now and I have 7 so I am lucky, I don't pretend otherwise, but someone has to be lucky right?

    The current ford event is a good example of my tactics, I could spend three days grinding out one star victories and fight for the top two positions, but for me it makes much more sense to smurf farm from the bottom taking 3 star wins all day long and buying ceramics with the proceeds and then work my way back to a comfortable mid top 10 finish over the last day.
    Heh, I thought so too.

    Well, nothing to apologize for! Luck is as luck comes and goes. It's good to see that a mild-spending player can achieve that. Gives the rest of us some hope. And I guess your job nature helps too! I've got an office to be in daily, so it's usually morning commute, lunch, and then evening commute + after dinner where I can farm a bit more. In between if I'm lucky I'll have to do short commutes for work so I can grab a couple of games.

    You mentioned 2-3 Ceramics a day by smurfing even win-able events. I should really work on trying that out. Usually I push competitively from the start for an event, or if I can't win it then I don't even bother smurfing due to time constraints. I never counted my Ceramics, but I'd wager maybe 30-50 so far. So based on estimation... I hope I'll see a S tier in the next 2-3 months ;)

    Anyway, cheers for sharing @grandvache!
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    KasaiMist said:
    I hope this isn't too intrusive, but I'm genuinely curious. How much would I have to budget every month to achieve the legendary hands y'all have? I’ve been playing this game for months now but for these types of events I can only late join to even have a chance of achieving a Tier 3. Only spent $20 on slots so far.

    - a newbie forum spectator
    It depends on your luck, I've spent around £70 since October, but I'm certain I'm luckier than most.


    Please tell me you've spent 70 pounds a month and not 70 pounds total to get 8 S tier cars of which at least 3 are game changers.
    Nope, £70 total, maybe £100.  Sorry.  I'll admit to being lucky, bit I also grind.  A lot.  I work from home so I can play literally ALL my tickets every day.  Almost all my legends have come from ceramic packs, if you're grinding properly and investing most of your gold in garage slots opening 2-3 a day is achievable, at that point you're in the hands of the random number generating gods.

    I've had help certainly, and have won a couple of very useful prize cars, I don't think I can claim any particular skill, and I don't pretend that my garage is an average representation, but I've been playing every day since October, and would estimate 3-400 ceramic packs have been opened.

    With a 0.75% drop rate for legendaries from ceramics I and a reasonably large number of CFs opened too the numbers would suggest I <Should> have 3-4 legendaries from drops by now and I have 7 so I am lucky, I don't pretend otherwise, but someone has to be lucky right?

    The current ford event is a good example of my tactics, I could spend three days grinding out one star victories and fight for the top two positions, but for me it makes much more sense to smurf farm from the bottom taking 3 star wins all day long and buying ceramics with the proceeds and then work my way back to a comfortable mid top 10 finish over the last day.
    I wonder that not everybody acting that way
Sign In or Register to comment.