General Discussion

959 Dakar Prelims [Event]

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Member Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherby90 said:
    @LittleEnosBurdette hi, we are in the same bracket
    What’s your IGN fella? Don’t see it on the list. 
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Member Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    Sherby90 said:
    I'm Serban Oprea. I don't know why I haven't put my name there yet. Will do it now
    Sherby90 said:
    Sherby90 said:
    I'm Serban Oprea. I don't know why I haven't put my name there yet. Will do it now
    Ah cool, tried to race you and lost lol. You’ve got a good set up, be nice to me. 😬
    @CometDan is in there too!
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Djehoetie, i'd appreciate it if you avoid me as much as possible :) I'm Tobias Pettersson.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    If anyone is waiting to join the event, I just entered 20 minutes ago in a US server and it was almost full. It's at 299 now, so you should be able to enter a brand new bracket any minute now.

mikes, I'm in your bracket, currently running around 20th.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Member Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is waiting to join the event, I just entered 20 minutes ago in a US server and it was almost full. It's at 299 now, so you should be able to enter a brand new bracket any minute now.

I definitely need to do better and restrain myself from joining in the first few hours. Always get these tough brackets :/
    Think I see you @Topdriver44089
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭
    Sherby90 said:
    Sherby90 said:
    I’m with you guys:) Ed Danilov. Still looking for top10 hand
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I definitely need to do better and restrain myself from joining in the first few hours. Always get these tough brackets :/
    I thought I had waited long enough, but nope. Should have waited 1 more hour.

I know I can't win with my hand, but I am going to try to stay in the Top 50 with my MX5 Turbo, 350z, EVO8, and GT-R.
  • Topdriver44089Topdriver44089 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Yeah! You're right above me.
    I'm fusing right now...
    I dont think i can compete for tier 2 with my hand though
  • DjehoetieDjehoetie Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    Hey @Djehoetie, i'd appreciate it if you avoid me as much as possible :) I'm Tobias Pettersson.
    Hi mate,  will do :)
  • GsearchGsearch Member, Wrenchmen, Senior Wrenchmen Posts: 2,298 Senior Wrenchman
    What's winning in this event.  The 100 RQ has be limiting..
    Djehoetie said:
    Awesome :) I don't expect to be able to fight for Tier 1 but hopefully i can hold onto Tier 2.
  • DjehoetieDjehoetie Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    Djehoetie said:
    Awesome :) I don't expect to be able to fight for Tier 1 but hopefully i can hold onto Tier 2.
    Np, I will try to help you stay 2nd. I just gave that guy below you 4 more losses ;)
    Djehoetie said:
    Djehoetie said:
    Np, I will try to help you stay 2nd. I just gave that guy below you 4 more losses ;)

Thanks! :) I'll improve my hand slightly soon (waiting for the last fuse) but i still lack anything over RQ24 sadly so it will be tough.
  • GabiHGabiH Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    3 things I've tested:
    Nissan Juke R beats the Mazda Furai on 1/2 mile drags.
    Only fully upgraded RQ25 and up Lancers beat the Honda Legend on wet twisties, but RQ23+ is enough for the wet slalom.
    The 13RQ white Mazda beats the 14RQ Mazda on everything (maybe not drags) and also beats the 15RQ Mazda on car park and other twisty stuff.

Edit: as @NinjaDesignz pointed out, 033 Furai beats the Juke R on 1 mile
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GabiH said:
    3 things I've tested:
    Nissan Juke R beats the Mazda Furai on drags.
    Only fully upgraded RQ25 and up Lancers beat the Honda Legend on wet twisties, but RQ23+ is enough for the wet slalom.
    The 13RQ white Mazda beats the 14RQ Mazda on everything (maybe not drags) and also beats the 15RQ Mazda on car park and other twisty stuff.
    033 Furai beats Juke R on 1 mile drags
    tichoblin said:
    Sherby90 said:
    Sherby90 said:
    I’m with you guys:) Ed Danilov. Still looking for top10 hand
    It’s not easy to find a balance that’s for sure. 
  • JayJay Member Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My japanese hand is so weak lol. 

Running this but I wont stay in top 10.

Jay said:

I'd definitely work the honda legend (or kizachi if you have it) in there for the rain tracks, it's worth it.
  • tichoblintichoblin Member Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭

@CometDan @LittleEnosBurdette @Sherby90
    all good now:)
    I’ve got 2 mps already, so if you have to race me, don’t hesitate. I’m pretty sure my tier 2 is safe
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:

I'd consider swapping the rq15 rx7 for an rq13 miata of you have it and replacing the 370Z for the legend using it exclusively for the rain tracks.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and I @GilTrucks are in a fairly fresh bracket together anyone else? 

Yeah! You're right above me.
    I'm fusing right now...
    I dont think i can compete for tier 2 with my hand though
    I’m hoping to squeeze into top 10 last minute if possible. What hand are you running? I’m rolling with this:

699 RQ22 2016 Honda Civic Type R
    699 RQ14 2018 Mazda MX-5
    333 RQ25 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR FQ-340
    669 RQ17 Mazda RX-8 Spirit R
    969 RQ22 Honda Legend 3.7 SH-AWD

Waiting to figure out if 969 or 699 is the better tune for the spirit R before finishing it off

Jay said:

I'd definitely work the honda legend (or kizachi if you have it) in there for the rain tracks, it's worth it.
    I have the honda legend maxed already and a kizachi at 666. Thinking of doing the civic and kizachi in place of the Evo 1 and the 370z.
    Jay said:
    Jay said:

I have the honda legend maxed already and a kizachi at 666. Thinking of doing the civic and kizachi in place of the Evo 1 and the 370z.
    Check out my hand I listed above. I'm hanging around the low teens with it in my bracket.
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Jay said:

You are TD03621 right?
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    Jay said:

You are TD03621 right?
    Yeah for now haha. 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    Jay said:

You are TD03621 right?
    Yeah for now haha. 
    What are the top hands?
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:
    Jay said:
    Jay said:

You are TD03621 right?
    Yeah for now haha. 
    What are the top hands?
    They all appear to have an S class. I dont have one so I am just going for marginal wins.