General Discussion

McLaren Tri-Series

Comments

• TwinkieTwinkie Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    Well see in a few days... but it seems like theyre only mc larens

BoxtaS said:
    Anyone know if the McLaren-Mercedes cars count as Mercedes as well as mclaren? I assume not 
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    Anyone know if the McLaren-Mercedes cars count as Mercedes as well as mclaren? I assume not 
    Cars only belong to a single manufacturer. This can be confirmed by locating the car in the All Cars menu. Those models count only as McLarens.
    Thanks, I thought that would be the case.

I’d love to know how you guys deal with all the licensing arrangements between manufacturers etc. I would have thought Mercedes would have insisted the SLRs were theirs... 
  • NemezNemez Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    AdxRE said:
    So in the last Ford prize car event hutch gave away McLaren F1 GT’s to Ford GT owners. Now we have another Ford event for another McLaren price car - I hope multiple Ford GT’s won’t be the main factor for doing well in this event!
    Not quite. I have a GT90 for quite some time and never managed to win anything special. 

AdxRE said:
    So in the last Ford prize car event hutch gave away McLaren F1 GT’s to Ford GT owners. Now we have another Ford event for another McLaren price car - I hope multiple Ford GT’s won’t be the main factor for doing well in this event!
    I hope they will... i have no use for my 2 ford gts i got from ceramics 😁
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I fused a maxed Cossie during the Mazda event.  Dang it!
  • MrMercBenzFansPalMrMercBenzFansPal Member Posts: 36
    (Hoping for requirements for the finals to be Fords only AND UK cars x5.)
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Hoping for requirements for the finals to be Fords only AND UK cars x5.)
    Haha, no chance. Maybe for the smaller finals? 
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    It would be great if there were 2x restrictions instead of just mindless Ford x5
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regret selling my Ford GT even more now... Thanks hutch 😭
    You sold a legendary? Wow
  • hillclimberhillclimber Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twinkie said:
    there are documented cases, yes  :dizzy:
    Twinkie said:
    Yeah, when I had it it wasn't very good. I also sold a legendary Porsche and the sls Electric
  • MSteeLMSteeL Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    I also sold mercedes amg black series when I was desperate to get MG :D
    edited August 9
    Twinkie said:
    Yeah, when I had it it wasn't very good. I also sold a legendary Porsche and the sls Electric
    Holy ****?! never sell legendarys... a) you will need them in the future (theres always an event for it)
    Or b) even fusing would be better in most cases
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    MSteeL said:
    I also sold mercedes amg black series when I was desperate to get MG :D
    I pulled the gold cayenne out of a ceramic early on and was delighted. But then I was so furious when it got beats from all the other Porsche suvs and the Audi sq3 that I sold it.

bad times 
    binner said:
    Bucks73 said:
    I think they're saying that even that is a Ford event, if I am understanding this bit right? "Kicking off with The Mercedes 4Matic Force event, the series is focused on accessibility with a heavy Ford requirement."

So maybe 3 fords and 2 mercs for this first event?
    The qualifying event is about using one kind of car (Mercedes) to earn the cars you'll need (Fords) for the next round and the Finals.
    So it sounds like this will be a mainly ford event for a mclaren. Obviously people with many fords are happy but I think I’m throwing in the towel on this event already as I’m sure I’d need to buy all packs and somehow pull a gt90 and the 2017 gt to even have a small chance. Too bad since I’ve been looking forward to going all in on a mclaren prize event where I could have used the mclarens I’ve already collected 
    Watch your McLaren's be useful for the Austin prize car event LOL
  • lg29lg29 Member Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Too bad i sold my 12C
  • TD01055TD01055 Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    SlyDog said:
    How do we know that this p1 won't be a **** like 959? 
    In  the post, they say they will test it on the topdrives show, so hopefully we can compare times.
    SlyDog said:
    How do we know that this p1 won't be a **** like 959? 
    The p1 gtr is awesome... i dont think the p1 would be completely different 
  • TGPDTGPD Member Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pfff... P1 has no midrange
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Hutch can you make the final track set 2x snow or dirt 1x rain 2x asphalt for all players to fit there fords ? If all dirt raptor owners will only win if all asphalt GT owners will only win lol
  • 43MK443MK4 Member Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch can you make the final track set 2x snow or dirt 1x rain 2x asphalt for all players to fit there fords ? If all dirt raptor owners will only win if all asphalt GT owners will only win lol
    Since I don't have any of the above mentioned cars, so Hutch can u make it something totally else. Oh yea and I'm totally broke after last weekends event.
    possible but I think you forgot one thing. for a GT owner it's relatively easy to add a Raptor to their collection. but the other way around it's hard to pull a GT 2017, and that's what it would take for the P1 in your scenario. if that would be the case many wouldn't even try to test their luck and refuse to buy CF. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    possible but I think you forgot one thing. for a GT owner it's relatively easy to add a Raptor to their collection. but the other way around it's hard to pull a GT 2017, and that's what it would take for the P1 in your scenario. if that would be the case many wouldn't even try to test their luck and refuse to buy CF. 
    Easy to add a Raptor?  I haven't pulled one of those, or a G63 (6x6 or not), in 11 months.  :/
    HeissRod said:
    Easy to add a Raptor?  I haven't pulled one of those, or a G63 (6x6 or not), in 11 months.  :/
    IF you buy the 10 Ford CF you should pull in average a bit less than two epics. there are 4 Ford epics. in the end you would have about 40% to pull a Raptor I guess. so in relation to pulling a GT 2017 that's easy.

do you know if manufacturer CF have the same drop rates as regular CF? Or do they change like they do from a Ceramic to any Premium?
  • Ivo_KamburovIvo_Kamburov Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    IF you buy the 10 Ford CF you should pull in average a bit less than two epics. there are 4 Ford epics. in the end you would have about 40% to pull a Raptor I guess. so in relation to pulling a GT 2017 that's easy.

do you know if manufacturer CF have the same drop rates as regular CF? Or do they change like they do from a Ceramic to any Premium?
    I bought all 10 Mercedes CFs in search for the A45, but got 11Bs.... I felt like a moron needless to say 
    HeissRod said:

I bought all 10 Mercedes CFs in search for the A45, but got 11Bs.... I felt like a moron needless to say 
    I know that feeling very well :-/