I’ve been thinking for a long time now about a new way of upgrading the cars but my previous attempt to explain failed due to ‘quick and dirty’ explanation :-)
So, this is my second attempt . Thanks to the proposal of Ozzman , which makes me realize that I have nothing to lose by posting it.
What are in my opinion points of improvement on the current system:
- The way you can upgrade the cars are too limited which means that a lot of players use the same cars with the same upgrades which means that low RQ events have the same cars.
- You can only upgrade with cars of the same league or 1 league below.
- You are not able to adjust your upgrade.
With the new RQ system installed , we could benefit more of it by using RQ for upgrading
- Keep the same categories: Engine, weight, chassisIn each category you can drop whatever car you want. The RQ of that car is used to upgrade your car. Example:
- In total you can have a max of RQ275 over the 3 categories (fi 100-100-75).
- You can change your RQ at any time , but the previous card you have used to upgrade will be deleted. Of course you can not go over the max of RQ275
- This means that you (in theory) can upgrade your RQ20 car with a Bugatti (if you think this is a strategic move to do) or you can upgrade your Bugatti with a RQ30 car. In that way Legandaries can be upgraded straight away from the start and you don’t have to spend precious Legendaries or Epics (3 of them !!!) to upgrade 1 level. You can use your ‘bad’ legendaries or Epics to upgrade lower RQ strategic cars which you use very much in events.
- I would keep the difference in upgrading from 0 upgrades to max like it is now but then of course divided by 100 (as you have in theory 100 steps to upgrade). The steps will be very low but opens new ways of playing I would think.
- To make it even more strategic I would suggest that Hutch for each car defines an optimal upgrade for each track-weather. For example , if you want to max for drag it is not just simple upgrade it to 100-100-75 but maybe to 95-100-75. This would make it even more fun I would think. To find out the right tuning.
Advantages for players:
- You can upgrade every new car straight away.
- More tactical upgrading; will I use my 2nd Lambo RQ79 to upgrade my Trailblazer or better use it for my Bugatti?
- Not spending precious Legandaries or Epics to upgrade Legendaries-Epics
- Possibility to continuous upgrading-changing
- Lower RQ events becomes much more interesting as almost no one will have the same updated cars.
Advantage for Hutch:
- More fun = People play longer TD = spending more money
- Every CF pull can be used to upgrade EVERY card to a decent level so players might invest in buying CF’s to upgrade lower RQ cars.
What do you think?As an option I would suggest to Hutch to have some events where you can not see how your opponent has upgraded his cars,… that would be fun !
PS: I just hope this time it is more clear what I mean :-)