Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Owner Challenge

Comments

• MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Round 22...

Round 23...

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    Your hand is considered okay/average? Man, that's like, 10 times better than what I have!
    I can't finish the last round because my cadillac garage is awful, and I can't finish the first round either because I don't have enough low RQ cadis! XD
    (side note: the two unupgraded CTS's are from qualifiers' ceramic and prelims' cf, speaking of luck)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your hand is considered okay/average? Man, that's like, 10 times better than what I have!
    I can't finish the last round because my cadillac garage is awful, and I can't finish the first round either because I don't have enough low RQ cadis! XD
    (side note: the two unupgraded CTS's are from qualifiers' ceramic and prelims' cf, speaking of luck)
    That's why I think the RQ limits are stupid. You have enough decent cars to get a CF but can't get that far because of the stupid low RQ requirements at the start.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing places to use low RQ cars all the way up through stage 12 so far. 
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    I am not in the owners challenge, (not yet) but from what I have seen so far the format working imo, two carbon and a legendary with an ok garage and a relaxing weekend it's far more better than fighting for 3 days with no guarantees.
    I hope in the next rerun I will be in the owners side, I really wanted that McLaren and I would be ok with the Lidl-Bugatti
  • BasilBasil Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.

Could not agree more. They just try the same trick as last time. What’s next? Every re-run a RQ100 car? And then extra 5 CF’s . Just be happy to have already the price car. I would love to re-run EVERY price car event. 
    Just because people already have a prize car they should just sit on the side and wait while others play? Sorry Basil but this is really dumb.

And I am tired of people exagerating what others say. Nobody asked for a rq100 car, 5CF etc. Nobody has been a crybaby, nobody has been screaming and shouting the bugatti is the worse prize car ever given.

All I have seen is players voicing their opinion on a choice that is made by Hutch and debated the topic. Why have a forum if not for that? Instead of criticizing others (which I am doing now too...) try to bring something valuable to the discussion.
    True, I’m dumb. Dumb of reading every time the same moaning in re-runs threads. I should know better by now and skip this from now on. Thanks for the tip. You guys are great sometimes on this forum and I appreciate what you guys do but when it comes to winning cars , you guys are sometimes worse than my 6-year old son. When you don’t want the Bugatti, fuse it or don’t do the challenge. Simple as that. 
    Dude seriously I don’t think anyone is moaning or throwing a tantrum. People are just debating whether such a prize (and the overall owners challenge format) is right and most disagree, what’s wrong with that?
    One of the reasons why people are debating it so much is probably not about this eb110 but more about the general format which will continue to be used many times over going forward, so people are providing their feedback to get it right.

Another reason why it generates so many posts is because this topic actually touches on fundamental issues with the game: what are the consequences of doing re-runs? should lower garages be given a chance to catch up, and if so how? how do you keep the game interesting for big garages? can this game be exciting and function well without a constant inflow of new cars from PLs? if you need new cars to keep it interesting, where will it stop, when it reaches 10,000 cars, how is that even manageable?

You clearly do not see all of this, perhaps ask your son to explain it to you, I am sure he will understand at least. He might also tell you that posting just to pick fights might vent your frustrations but will not produce anything positive.

I for one really like the debate, this is imo what this forum should be used for. Arguments one way and the other. So much better and interesting than “look at the new S I just pulled” or “is anyone in this bracket?”... which is what the forum has been reduced to for the past weeks.
    Ok, that is your way of reading this thread. I only read that players don’t like the Bugatti and want something else ( like the previous re-run). When Hutch changed it into a McLaren all the ‘debate’ was gone. This ‘discussion’ is all about what prize it should be. IMO it should be about the challenge and try to get it as tough as a 3 day stressful weekend ending with no prize car. I don’t see that being ‘discussed’. 
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy challenge.... with my hand i can finish it but i cannot stay in gold tier in the final... LOL
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...
    Here is my Cadi lineup which will finish T2, rewarding me one epic and one CF for 3 days of obseserving and racing.
    Let me play the owners challenge , im fine with all the cash, several packs and cars that get rewarded there. Much more than thie event will net me playing. And playing a challenge is a bit easier that PvP, as you just need to reach certain times but dont have to worry about the pack beating you.
    Dudes really, i wish most of you would engage on the forum otherwise too, and not make accounts just for ranting about getting several Cfs and other prizes. Stope being greedy, giving out that Mclaren last time already was a ridiculous move.

Could not agree more. They just try the same trick as last time. What’s next? Every re-run a RQ100 car? And then extra 5 CF’s . Just be happy to have already the price car. I would love to re-run EVERY price car event. 
    Just because people already have a prize car they should just sit on the side and wait while others play? Sorry Basil but this is really dumb.

And I am tired of people exagerating what others say. Nobody asked for a rq100 car, 5CF etc. Nobody has been a crybaby, nobody has been screaming and shouting the bugatti is the worse prize car ever given.

All I have seen is players voicing their opinion on a choice that is made by Hutch and debated the topic. Why have a forum if not for that? Instead of criticizing others (which I am doing now too...) try to bring something valuable to the discussion.
    True, I’m dumb. Dumb of reading every time the same moaning in re-runs threads. I should know better by now and skip this from now on. Thanks for the tip. You guys are great sometimes on this forum and I appreciate what you guys do but when it comes to winning cars , you guys are sometimes worse than my 6-year old son. When you don’t want the Bugatti, fuse it or don’t do the challenge. Simple as that. 
    Dude seriously I don’t think anyone is moaning or throwing a tantrum. People are just debating whether such a prize (and the overall owners challenge format) is right and most disagree, what’s wrong with that?
    One of the reasons why people are debating it so much is probably not about this eb110 but more about the general format which will continue to be used many times over going forward, so people are providing their feedback to get it right.

Another reason why it generates so many posts is because this topic actually touches on fundamental issues with the game: what are the consequences of doing re-runs? should lower garages be given a chance to catch up, and if so how? how do you keep the game interesting for big garages? can this game be exciting and function well without a constant inflow of new cars from PLs? if you need new cars to keep it interesting, where will it stop, when it reaches 10,000 cars, how is that even manageable?

You clearly do not see all of this, perhaps ask your son to explain it to you, I am sure he will understand at least. He might also tell you that posting just to pick fights might vent your frustrations but will not produce anything positive.

I for one really like the debate, this is imo what this forum should be used for. Arguments one way and the other. So much better and interesting than “look at the new S I just pulled” or “is anyone in this bracket?”... which is what the forum has been reduced to for the past weeks.
    Ok, that is your way of reading this thread. I only read that players don’t like the Bugatti and want something else ( like the previous re-run). When Hutch changed it into a McLaren all the ‘debate’ was gone. This ‘discussion’ is all about what prize it should be. IMO it should be about the challenge and try to get it as tough as a 3 day stressful weekend ending with no prize car. I don’t see that being ‘discussed’. 
    I guess we all see things differently. I certainly saw a lot of interesting comments about much more than just “I dont want that bugatti”.

Anyway, I agree with you it would be more interesting if the challenge was ‘stressfull’. Right now it is just cruising through to get 2 CFs, gold and cash, and not even try to go further because the final prize is not appealing. I would much prefer a cool final prize where I would have to buy CFs, upgrade epics and spend gold to get it rather than this.

I guess it’s ok for now, just throw a bone to the owners so they dont complain too much, but I dont think it can be a good format for the longer term.
    edited June 20
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

I guess we all see things differently. I certainly saw a lot of interesting comments about much more than just “I dont want that bugatti”.

Anyway, I agree with you it would be more interesting if the challenge was ‘stressfull’. Right now it is just cruising through to get 2 CFs, gold and cash, and not even try to go further because the final prize is not appealing. I would much prefer a cool final prize where I would have to buy CFs, upgrade epics and spend gold to get it rather than this.

I guess it’s ok for now, just throw a bone to the owners so they dont complain too much, but I dont think it can be a good format for the longer term.
    Yes, we agree on the Challange part. I understand it is difficult for Hutch to find the right level of difficulty but in my opinion the percentage of succeeding should ideally match the final event. 10/500 gets the price car, 30/500 get the less price car etc. Sounds difficult, but that is how the final is also 😉 maybe Hutch must introduce prize cars for re-owner challenges so that these players know they play for limited access cars and not for one of the bunch 👍😜
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

Yes, we agree on the Challange part. I understand it is difficult for Hutch to find the right level of difficulty but in my opinion the percentage of succeeding should ideally match the final event. 10/500 gets the price car, 30/500 get the less price car etc. Sounds difficult, but that is how the final is also 😉 maybe Hutch must introduce prize cars for re-owner challenges so that these players know they play for limited access cars and not for one of the bunch 👍😜
    I was thinking the same initially, but factor in that most people doing the owners challenge have much stronger garages than average, then it wouldnt be fair that only 10/500 of them would get the final prize.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Challenge is relaxing, gold saved and you have an extra Legendary. 

I guess everyone is happy. :smile:
    edited June 20
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

I was thinking the same initially, but factor in that most people doing the owners challenge have much stronger garages than average, then it wouldnt be fair that only 10/500 of them would get the final prize.
    Well, this I don’t agree 😉. What about all the players who spend actual money to buy packs and in the end did not succeed in winning the prize car? When can we speak of a strong garage? I have an ok garage, some events I am easy T1 and some events I am T3-T4. That is a part of the fun of this game. So, some owner events must be easier for you and some not doable. Finals are (for me at least) 90% very difficult. As you can see only 10/500 will get the price car. There are guys in my bracket right now who struggle to hold on top20, which have a ‘good’ garage. in my opinion a good garage can never be guarantee to get T1.
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

Well, this I don’t agree 😉. What about all the players who spend actual money to buy packs and in the end did not succeed in winning the prize car? When can we speak of a strong garage? I have an ok garage, some events I am easy T1 and some events I am T3-T4. That is a part of the fun of this game. So, some owner events must be easier for you and some not doable. Finals are (for me at least) 90% very difficult. As you can see only 10/500 will get the price car. There are guys in my bracket right now who struggle to hold on top20, which have a ‘good’ garage. in my opinion a good garage can never be guarantee to get T1.
    My point is if you say 10/500 of owners challenge participants should get the prize car, it probably means a last round with 4 maxed legendaries to win it. Cannot be. You’re basically looking at 10/500 of 10/500, so something like top 0.04% of the overall player base lol. Might as well not make a challenge.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AndreasSimmer while I agree with your sentiment, I would argue that players who actually know about the in-game performance of this car likely wouldn't concern themselves with finishing it if the difficulty matched or came close to that of the actual tri-series.
    For the ones that complained... can we now talk about the difficulty? It was so easy, hands that finished wouldnt even be top 20 or even top 30 in my bracket. 2xCF plus a crappy legend for doing nothing!? While i get fucked with my 4 maxed epics and 16.... Its disgusting to read all the whinery while i have spent way more ressources to end with less in the end.
    I agree it is a bit ridiculous how easy it is to get the final prize vs what you need to be T1 or T2 in the final.
    Personally all I got was a Honda Pilot and an RS500 plus some gold and IGC... no EB110 for me as I dont want to spend resources for this. It’s just a weird construct.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I have a stupid question, to avoid all that mess: are re-runs really necessary?
    I mean, aren't there enough legendaries prize cars in the game, to not always have a new one to add as a prize for the Tri-Series?

Now I know it would mean it would be impossible to win certain prize cars again for newer players, but that's the case for many already and I'm sure some cars will never have any reruns anyway. I would be sad for one of my unicorns (the Mazda), but I can live with it.
    How many re-runs should a legendary prize car have btw, 2, 3 times? It will always be the same situation for newer players anyway.

If not enough legendary prize cars available for Tri-Series now, I think next time, for next big update, Hutch shouldn't add hundreds of regular legendaries, but keep more to be won as prize cars.
    For the ones that complained... can we now talk about the difficulty? It was so easy, hands that finished wouldnt even be top 20 or even top 30 in my bracket. 2xCF plus a crappy legend for doing nothing!? While i get fucked with my 4 maxed epics and 16.... Its disgusting to read all the whinery while i have spent way more ressources to end with less in the end.

Free S for a complaining players... big whales want easy challenge a better S.. so they don't need to open pocket... SCG and Demon Challenge was very hard and challenge with multiple S (with some upgrades)
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    I have a stupid question, to avoid all that mess: are re-runs really necessary?
    I mean, aren't there enough legendaries prize cars in the game, to not always have a new one to add as a prize for the Tri-Series?

Now I know it would mean it would be impossible to win certain prize cars again for newer players, but that's the case for many already and I'm sure some cars will never have any reruns anyway. I would be sad for one of my unicorns (the Mazda), but I can live with it.
    How many re-runs should a legendary prize car have btw, 2, 3 times? It will always be the same situation for newer players anyway.

If not enough legendary prize cars available for Tri-Series now, I think next time, for next big update, Hutch shouldn't add hundreds of regular legendaries, but keep more to be won as prize cars.

Easy solution: run multiple finals and let players choose which car they want to win. If they enter one, they are locked out of the others. If you already have the  prizecar for a particular event, you cant enter.

For example this weekend you can run the zr1 finals, the bugatti finals and maybe a new players final where you can win a good B or A car. You can even set a rq rank limit for the new players finals so new players wont be massacred.
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

My point is if you say 10/500 of owners challenge participants should get the prize car, it probably means a last round with 4 maxed legendaries to win it. Cannot be. You’re basically looking at 10/500 of 10/500, so something like top 0.04% of the overall player base lol. Might as well not make a challenge.
    The difficulty is that the final and owner are totally different concepts. What about this idea: from Thursday evening till Friday the final runs is way. On Friday evening the owners challenge begins with 12 races randomly taken from all the T1 hands of the final. In that way there is a bit of a match between 2 events and the difficulty is ‘matchable’. Ok, it is a bit easier because in the final people might still be fusing. Hutch could make it more fun by giving each owner player different random hands so they have to figure out themselves. Just an idea that popped in my mind 😉😂
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

The difficulty is that the final and owner are totally different concepts. What about this idea: from Thursday evening till Friday the final runs is way. On Friday evening the owners challenge begins with 12 races randomly taken from all the T1 hands of the final. In that way there is a bit of a match between 2 events and the difficulty is ‘matchable’. Ok, it is a bit easier because in the final people might still be fusing. Hutch could make it more fun by giving each owner player different random hands so they have to figure out themselves. Just an idea that popped in my mind 😉😂

That means the owners need to 3-star the T1 hand in order to pass a challenge  >:) 
    S3XY said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:

TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    TD42792 said:
    Basil said:
    Oh what a drama...

That means the owners need to 3-star the T1 hand in order to pass a challenge  >:) 
    As players in finals need a very good hand for T1 😉
    TD42792 said:
    mauro07 said:

Free S for a complaining players... big whales want easy challenge a better S.. so they don't need to open pocket... SCG and Demon Challenge was very hard and challenge with multiple S (with some upgrades)
    Sorry mauro but I dont think anyone ever said they wanted an easier challenge with a better S

sorry but when i read complain for the car but not about this easiest challenge ever and then a rich boy  after 2 hours win the worste Bugatti... the spoiled child maybe need more challenge... and not an easy challenge like this... it's a free S in my opinion... you don't need multiple S or 5 A maxed for finish this..
    and Aston Challenge is impossible with multiple S with upgrades ... and for SCG Challeng you need a good hand with drag cars and one can arrive to 200 mph...
    mauro07 said:
    TD42792 said:
    mauro07 said:

Sorry mauro but I dont think anyone ever said they wanted an easier challenge with a better S

sorry but when i read complain for the car but not about this easiest challenge ever and then a rich boy  after 2 hours win the worste Bugatti... the spoiled child maybe need more challenge... and not an easy challenge like this... it's a free S in my opinion... you don't need multiple S or 5 A maxed for finish this..
    and Aston Challenge is impossible with multiple S with upgrades ... and for SCG Challeng you need a good hand with drag cars and one can arrive to 200 mph...
    I think we all agree, either an “easy” challenge with lesser prizes or a difficult one with good prizes