Skip to content

June 2020 Roadmap Discussion

Comments

• DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    tuning would just increase the gap between Whales and the rest.....They have numerous Legends and almost all their Epics fully maxed to our Legends at 3-3-3 and few maxed Epics. Give them more options to further improve their Legendary and Epics and they would not only be on the horizon but most likely out of sight
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 941 admin
    tuning would just increase the gap between Whales and the rest.....They have numerous Legends and almost all their Epics fully maxed to our Legends at 3-3-3 and few maxed Epics. Give them more options to further improve their Legendary and Epics and they would not only be on the horizon but most likely out of sight
    Where should these top players be in 2023, if not further ahead than where they are now? Tuning doesn't increase the distance between players, so much as time does.

In addition to this one development, there are likely two dozen others that come, too. Certainly, between offers, championships, challenges, club events, new players already have a very different experience than the first generation of players in 2017. It's not difficult to imagine that it may make sense to develop other gameplay or progression features for all players, which especially help new players e.g. easier fusing, quests.

The aim of any endgame feature we develop will be to provide new content for players for years to come, to rely slightly less on new cars being added forever. Here, we address that by a mechanic that allows players to make incremental improvements to their cars.
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind Tuner update in general, if before clubs connection error could be fixed. It is already 3 months around with that error everytime I open app. 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I empathize with Hutch wanting to give endgame players something else to strive for (tuner parts). But as others have expressed, I think adding another layer to the upgrading system is a step too far. As @HeissRod mentioned, tuning makes it more difficult to quickly determine which car can be beaten where - something of utmost importance in the last few minutes of a prize car final. And let’s not kid ourselves here, the physics of the game isn’t exactly top notch. Adding more variables to an already imperfect system won’t make the physics easier to understand or any more likely to yield correct results. Again, echoing others, I feel like tuning strays too far from the card-collecting nature of the game. By all means, bring on tuners as their own manufacturers, but tuning parts themselves I’m not enthusiastic about. 

I look forward to quality of life improvements. More championships. More challenge series arcs. More big tri(or penta)-series that break the mold. UI improvements and general polish. Physics engine improvements. Flexible criteria (although I do fear the massive increase in granularity this will bring and the necessity to CF hunt for that one car that fits the criteria perfectly but isn’t worth keeping otherwise).

I think the game is in a good place to some degree. Yes, there are things that need fixing, and I’m confident they’re being worked on. You mention trying to retain old players and attract new ones. I think older endgame players would much prefer quality of life fixes and some UI polish over another step down the rabbit hole in the form of tuning parts. And on the topic of new players, do they really need something else to try and grasp? The tuning system in place now is simple enough yet can be complex (see unbelievable results thread) - don’t drive them away by making it harder to understand. 
    Yes, fully agree. Please do not bring tuning into the game. It will just be too much. There's a breaking point where a game has too many features, requires too much time to play or too much time to figure out. This would be that breaking point.
  • mario_mmario_m Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    I really hope Hutch don't go in the direction of the tunes .. only the gap between the big and the average would increase ...
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New players have a big enough advantage as it stands (buffed drop rates aside), to compare their experience unfavourably against players that started in 2017 seems pretty nonsensical if I’m honest. 
    New players have a big enough advantage as it stands (buffed drop rates aside), to compare their experience unfavourably against players that started in 2017 seems pretty nonsensical if I’m honest. 
    Where is info about buffed drop rates?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    instead tune, can you do something for clunbs? not enjoy... only spamming tickets and no community for clubs... there are more team up in events then in clubs
    You’re right, when it first came out clubs was heralded by Hutch as being great, all the fantastic things that could be achieved playing it, it’s just turned into a damp squib that people grind cash out of, zero fun and now seemingly abandoned to any further development. 
    mauro07 said:
    instead tune, can you do something for clunbs? not enjoy... only spamming tickets and no community for clubs... there are more team up in events then in clubs
    You’re right, when it first came out clubs was heralded by Hutch as being great, all the fantastic things that could be achieved playing it, it’s just turned into a damp squib that people grind cash out of, zero fun and now seemingly abandoned to any further development. 
    This is clubs for me everytime I want to open it for last 3 !!! months. It takes on average 2-3 errors to get in clubs. I am very salty about clubs. There is no any aknowledge about this issue nor any indication about fix.
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:

Only CF prices will be buffed ;-)
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim:

Where should these top players be in 2023, if not further ahead than where they are now? Tuning doesn't increase the distance between players, so much as time does.

In addition to this one development, there are likely two dozen others that come, too. Certainly, between offers, championships, challenges, club events, new players already have a very different experience than the first generation of players in 2017. It's not difficult to imagine that it may make sense to develop other gameplay or progression features for all players, which especially help new players e.g. easier fusing, quests.

The aim of any endgame feature we develop will be to provide new content for players for years to come, to rely slightly less on new cars being added forever. Here, we address that by a mechanic that allows players to make incremental improvements to their cars.
    The community suggested the quests for a while now, but never recived a proper answer or saw any interest from your side to implement it. I think players will appreciate a list of objectives to acomplish for rewards (like daily, weekly, monthly objectives, or even permanent ones), more than a further develope on upgrades that would only make it more complicated.
    We already have the Google Play Achivements (broken, but they're there) but we want something like that in-game, taken to its full potential, rather than get our butts kicked by a Chiron Sport with a nitro mod.

2 achievement about google play doesn't work
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    0liver77 said:
    REALAIS said:

Only CF prices will be buffed ;-)
    Care to develop ? Oo
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    With the Grand Prix event I remembered that in the German Renaissance announcement TD Show, we were told that now that you added the Nürburgring to the game, you were going to try to bring other real life circuits to the game aswell. I think it's a great idea to try this in the future, as we all loved the Nür and will love more things like this. Also would be nice to see them implemented more frequently (the Nür is barely used actualy).

This doesn't add to the idea of extending the end-gameplay, but it's certainly something we want to see soon.
  • winterbonewinterbone Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited July 15
    I think as cool as Nürburgring is in the game, its hard to figure out what exactly the track is, i know i havent been able to remember the differences of the north loop 1 to north loop 2 for example, i know in general that they are mra dependant tracks, but thats it.

A preview of the tracks would go a long way i'd say, just an outline is fine.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think as cool as Nürburgring is in the game, its hard to figure out what exactly the track is, i know i havent been able to remember the differences of the north loop 1 to north loop 2 for example, i know in general that they are mra dependant tracks, but thats it.

Hutch's rendering of the track is pretty good.  It doesn't take that much work to match it up to an actual map of the real thing.
  • winterbonewinterbone Posts: 39 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:

Hutch's rendering of the track is pretty good.  It doesn't take that much work to match it up to an actual map of the real thing.
    I'm sure thats true, just saying it would be a nice thing to have if down the line there's gonna be more real world tracks 
    Next track most likely will be UK Goodwood circuit. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laguna seca with the corkscrew would be pretty cool
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I am probably seeing Loop races far more than all the others combined, they are far more interesting, its not like I watch all of them but at least once in every event to see how the cars/or a car perform.
    This tracks and the new ones like bumpy quarter etc the old tracks are insta skip.
    And what I like the most about Nir tracks is that its straight forward, the best car wins, no ETB, no weight, no mra, grip etc, a car needs as many as possible at the highest amount as possible of this elements to win the race not only one or two of them.
    Yes its more speed related tracks but that's the whole point of racing
    I haven't seen any awkward result so far
    I would say oposite. MRA is 2nd most needed things after stats on Nir tracks.
  • juan_cruz_96juan_cruz_96 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    LittleEnosBurdette I'm referring to the far future of TD, that's what @Hutch_Tim wants our opinion about. Of course I prefer a bunch of another fixes and improvements before a new track. (and I also hate this quote bug. Please, somebody fix this) 
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    The north loop and using my 996 yellow bird is about the only time I'll watch a full race. Fly my pretty.... fly!
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin any timeframe for the car fuse adjustment feature?
    Or pl12?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 941 admin
    Or pl12?
    Nope. Some of the engine improvements have been made, but not all, and I haven't had time to dive into the race time data yet.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Or pl12?
    Nope. Some of the engine improvements have been made, but not all, and I haven't had time to dive into the race time data yet.
    Could you share your roadmap updated with dates ?