New Car Tag!

Comments

• rei348rei348 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    rei348 said:

G_anluca said:
    justjukie said:
    699 - UR viper beats boss

Do 699 rq59 beat the one on narrow city streets on round 21?
    Presumably would be the right tune, but i don't wanna screw up...
    My only one is sitting at 669, and seems that 699 will be surely useful on round 22.
    round21 UR viper, 969 wins first race, 699 wins race 3

And 969 ties race 3... I have 2x 969 
    Round 22 seems easier than 21

How many tunes should have a GT power pack to win one of the drags or against viper on wet? 
    Yes if you pass 21 you should be able to do 22

rei348 said:

G_anluca said:
    justjukie said:
    699 - UR viper beats boss

Do 699 rq59 beat the one on narrow city streets on round 21?
    Presumably would be the right tune, but i don't wanna screw up...
    My only one is sitting at 669, and seems that 699 will be surely useful on round 22.
    round21 UR viper, 969 wins first race, 699 wins race 3

I hope so! I just need to know how many tunes I have to put in gt power pack to win a drag or beat the viper in last race. Probably easier to win a drag...
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
    rei348 said:

How many tunes should have a GT power pack to win one of the drags or against viper on wet? 
    At 666 the PP does the quarter mile in 12:28, needed is under 11:96.
    UncleGary said:
    rei348 said:

At 666 the PP does the quarter mile in 12:28, needed is under 11:96.
    And what about hairpin wet at 666? If you can test it in monaco 5 it would be appreciated!
  • lg29lg29 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭✭
    can a 993 Viper RT/10 (B59) beat the middle Mustang (on the 1/2 mile)?
    (Also, pretend the middle Suzuki goes into the middle slot)
  • AimrAimr Posts: 12
    D3nzello said:
    Aimr said:
    O__VER said:
    I'm out of this one. The difficulty ramped up massively on that second to last round even though I can definitely beat the last if I could get there.

I bought more CFs than I care to admit for this and they were just so damn bad. I just counted and I have SIX of that absolutely useless red UR '05 Mustang. I didn't even use one of them for the whole challenge. I also have four of the blue UR Mustang which was only vaguely useful in earlier rounds.

I think it's okay that I can't finish the challenge... you can't win them all. BUT I spent a lot to be honest and I'm really really disappointed with what I pulled so it's pretty likely to be my last. I think Hutch really failed on the variety of cars with this tag. Given CFs are likely to give you a UR, it feels like a kick in the nuts to keep pulling the same useless garbage.
    This is exactly it! Im stuck at Round 15 and after seeing later stages of this challenge, my hopes for the F1 went to 0.

Meanwhile, Whales get another Legendary Car, while i pulled way too many useless Mustangs from my CF packs.
    well i did spend around 150 bucks for packs and got lucky af with these. i felt like those CotW packs had a good drop rate from I heard from others who pulled quite a few epics...
    You just motivated me to spend my last Gold on another 2 CF Packs and all i got were 2 Viper RT's.
    I was really hoping for that Murcielago SV, love that car.
    Unlucky me i guess. I won't spend more cash now.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    Info from @Will_S ...
    Round 21 is pretty similar to Monaco 2 from the singleplayer, if you like to test times.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s obviously a difficult balance to strike when hutch set these challenges up, impossible to cater for everyone’s garage. 

Personally I found this was an easy one, whereas Silver Screen was impossible for me to progress in. I don’t agree that these are set up that only a P2W or whale garage can complete them, you just have to be lucky to have kept the correct cars or pull them from the packs. 

I liked the structure of awarding COTW packs as tier prizes along the way in the challenge. 
    I agree it is sort of binary.
    I like that the fact it did not require multiple upgrades, its either you have the right cars or you dont, no need to upgrade epics or legendaries, which is nice because none of them are worth it (except perhaps the boss).
    Thought the ‘average’ legendary prize is also well chosen: nice enough to want to try hard, but not a game changer. Many mclarens are much better.
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Round 21, UR Viper 969 wins 1, 699 3
    Yeh, i know this, thanx!
    My question is about UR 699 winning on race 1...
    I've only one UR Viper. I would like to do 699 for round 22... but it wins on round 21?

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G_anluca said:
    Yeh, i know this, thanx!
    I've only one UR Viper. I would like to do 699 for round 22... but it wins on round 21?

Afaik for race one you need a 969 tune.

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G_anluca said:
    Yeh, i know this, thanx!

where you need a viper rt in round 22?
  • PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Sitting here crying at my 996 ur viper. Think I'll still get there just gonna cost me resources
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3nzello said:
    well i did spend around 150 bucks for packs and got lucky af with these. i felt like those CotW packs had a good drop rate from I heard from others who pulled quite a few epics...
    Yeah, meanwhile I opened 9 CotW CFs altogether and pulled one lousy epic, and even that is the worst epic possible.

• G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:
    G_anluca said:
    Yeh, i know this, thanx!

where you need a viper rt in round 22?

race 4: 699 ur viper beats the mustang PP.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Thought the ‘average’ legendary prize is also well chosen: nice enough to want to try hard, but not a game changer. Many mclarens are much better.

well it has 100 MRA along with its low weight...id say prolly the best 699 mclaren?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    I personally found this easier than the silver screen event however I had a better starting deck, I did have to spend some saved gold in search of a good epic for round 21, and sacrifice 6 ultras to put fuses into 2 epics. 
    My main gripe was more towards the lack of variety for ultra rares available in the pack, would it really have been an issue to up it from 3 to 5 or 6 different possibilities to help avoid getting duplicates?
  • ojlerouxojleroux Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Could someone test the bulldog (996) on 1/4 mile, does it beat the 0:11,96 from the Lambo?
    ojleroux said:
    Could someone test the bulldog (996) on 1/4 mile, does it beat the 0:11,96 from the Lambo?
    No it doesn't, neither on drag 1/2. Bulldog is useless for round 21
  • RawelRawel Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    ojleroux said:
    No it doesn't, neither on drag 1/2. Bulldog is useless for round 21
    if only one of those drags was a test bowl...
  • vossixvossix Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭
    lg29 said:
    can a 993 Viper RT/10 (B59) beat the middle Mustang (on the 1/2 mile)?
    (Also, pretend the middle Suzuki goes into the middle slot)

No
    The Mustang is better in midrange and beat the Viper. 
    edited July 10
    Is there any chance for yellow mustang to win drag or hairpin in round 21? It's my only chance to make it...
    rei348 said:
    Is there any chance for yellow mustang to win drag or hairpin in round 21? It's my only chance to make it...
    I'm in the same boat. at 1/4 mile time to beat is 11:96 and all 1.3 power pack makes it in 12:60, so it looks doable, but I really don't want to upgrade it, I don't have the resources anyway.... I'll wait and see what last event packs give me
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:
    I'm in the same boat. at 1/4 mile time to beat is 11:96 and all 1.3 power pack makes it in 12:60, so it looks doable, but I really don't want to upgrade it, I don't have the resources anyway.... I'll wait and see what last event packs give me
    I'm making first fuse now, i want to get to 666 and check what happens
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:
    1/4 mile time for both 699 and 969 is 12.13. So even 996 probably isn't enough.

For reference, 1/2 mile for both is 19.33
    Malani said:
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:

That's a shame then. If not drags, then what about that wet hairpin?
    Rawel said:
    Malani said:
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:

Last hope... FInger crossed... @Malani please give us good news!
  • MalaniMalani Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Rawel said:
    Malani said:
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:

Yep, just tested that. It's good news!! 969 does 55.79, 699 does 55.86, both good enough to beat the 56.29 required. So probably don't even need to be maxed.
    Malani said:
    Rawel said:
    Malani said:
    Rawel said:
    rei348 said:

Yep, just tested that. It's good news!! 969 does 55.79, 699 does 55.86, both good enough to beat the 56.29 required. So probably don't even need to be maxed.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go for 669 :) also need to check round 22 to be sure I can get through it
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    My first attempt to beat Round 21 I lost every race lol I am out...
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3nzello said:
    TD42792 said:

well it has 100 MRA along with its low weight...id say prolly the best 699 mclaren?
    mmmmh no

• PulsatingstarPulsatingstar Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Done some testing thanks for the monaco2 tip. Unfortunately my 996 viper hurts hard won't win anywhere. Caved and bought the pack deal. 1 legendary and 4 **** blue Mustangs. Hopefully see me through but need to make a careful choice on the tune of my spare viper.